Potato Sorter

wombles

Potato Sorter

Post by wombles »

First off I think this is a great mod, and the washer and sorter keeps me busy in winter. The thing is i'm not having much luck with producing pig food from the sorter. I did a search and found someone mention that don't stand at the side of the sorter only on top, and me being one that loves different positions :mrgreen: I've exhausted ever one of them too no avail :frown:.

I have tried placing this out on it's own with nothing a round it, still no pig food. So am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with the potato sorter and pig food. Oh forgot too mention I have waited till the fig food was full and sorter stop due too that, on all tries.
Tilsneri

Re: Potato Sorter

Post by Tilsneri »

I usually open GlobalCompany UI (default Lctrl+G) while I'm not standing next to potato sorter but further away and spawn pigfood using that UI.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Oh now that I didn't try, will give it a whirl and see how it goes.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Thank you Tilsneri, total ignorance on my part. If it weren't for coronavirus I could kiss you. :blushnew: This really is a great mod, and thanks too you it's got even better.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Just been playing with the Potato Washer and the Potato Sorter mods. Really like the concept the mod author went and the ability to produce higher selling Premium Potatoes and also getting some Pig Food as a secondary product. The only thing I would kind of want to see is some refinement to the actually machines themselves. The Washer is okay, but for some reason I can't tip potatoes into it from trailers or anything. Have to dump them on the ground and use a Conveyor Belt to load them. This is a bit of a faff, and would sooner see a normal sort of tipping platform included with maybe the conveyor/elevator aspect just an animated part of the mod then. This way people can tip potatoes into the washer with their trailers and other vehicles.

The potato sorter similarly I find is rather small and once again I can't seem to load it with a trailer or vehicle, have to dump on the ground and use the smallest conveyor belt in game to load it. So I would like to see a variation on this where perhaps the sorter takes on a more building look, so you can tip your washed potatoes into it, then you can have a filling point to get your Premium Potatoes out on the side of the building similar to how the loading point on the Washer looks. Then you could have another area on the other side of the building where it spawns the Pig Food Pallets. Another bonus from making a building version of the sorter is you increase the capacities then, because right now when you have harvested 900,000 litres of potatoes that sorter only being able to take and hold 4000 litres at a time is going to make it very difficult to unload your trailers.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I was unable to get the tip point for potatoes with the potatoes washer...I tried many trailers, many place to tip...and no trigger.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

You can't tip with trailers for either of them. Use Conveyor belts, front loaders, telehandlers etc
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
wombles

Post by wombles »

This is my set up. I will fill the washer with the telehandler or if i'm busy i'll use a conveyor belt. I Then fill the sorter with washed spuds using a conveyor belt.

wombles

Post by wombles »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:09 pm Just been playing with the Potato Washer and the Potato Sorter mods. Really like the concept the mod author went and the ability to produce higher selling Premium Potatoes and also getting some Pig Food as a secondary product. The only thing I would kind of want to see is some refinement to the actually machines themselves. The Washer is okay, but for some reason I can't tip potatoes into it from trailers or anything. Have to dump them on the ground and use a Conveyor Belt to load them. This is a bit of a faff, and would sooner see a normal sort of tipping platform included with maybe the conveyor/elevator aspect just an animated part of the mod then. This way people can tip potatoes into the washer with their trailers and other vehicles.

The potato sorter similarly I find is rather small and once again I can't seem to load it with a trailer or vehicle, have to dump on the ground and use the smallest conveyor belt in game to load it. So I would like to see a variation on this where perhaps the sorter takes on a more building look, so you can tip your washed potatoes into it, then you can have a filling point to get your Premium Potatoes out on the side of the building similar to how the loading point on the Washer looks. Then you could have another area on the other side of the building where it spawns the Pig Food Pallets. Another bonus from making a building version of the sorter is you increase the capacities then, because right now when you have harvested 900,000 litres of potatoes that sorter only being able to take and hold 4000 litres at a time is going to make it very difficult to unload your trailers.
I like it the way it is, yea a bit of work but it puts the winter in for me, i'm not fond of forestry. Plus you can make some good bread off premium spuds plus the pig food so the effort is worth it in my eye's. You could lower the triggers in GE, if you wanted to tip into the washer.
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

I use conveyors from my storage-either beet or potato( Quonset Hut mod with built in conveyor to fill during harvest and another on the other end that empties it) - to fill the washer, then load the washed potatoes into a tipper that I can use to load the sorter, although the trigger is very close to it and there may be some tippers that won't work, then use a conveyor on the other end to load the premium potatoes into another tipper--only thing is when the sorter is full of pig food, I have to move both away from it to spawn the pallet, because there can't be anything close to the trigger or it won't spawn the pallet-have about 640,000 litres to sell now and just planted my new crop. I am on the Durango 4x map which is really a nice big map with lots of big fields for larger equipment, but I don't use the real big stuff. It is a process that you have to attend to at all times because the conveyors are faster than the washer or sorter is, but I do it during winter--using Midwest Geo with Seasons-sometimes snow in winter but other times no snow at all--reminds me of when I was growing up and later farmed for my myself growing "spuds" and spending Saturday all day in the storage cellar-in Colorado-sorting enough potatoes for my dad to haul to market the next week-handled many 100 lb. burlap (gunny sacks) in my life filled with potatoes. :biggrin2:
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Erm been away.... Spud sorter? Is this in modhub?
wombles

Post by wombles »

It sure is Lee, it's part of Global company. You'll need the washer too.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Cheers Wombles
wombles

Post by wombles »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:49 am Erm been away.... Spud sorter? Is this in modhub?
Oh and if your looking for spud sorter you won't find it, posh gits called it a potato sorter :lol: .
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

wombles wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:40 am
Oh and if your looking for spud sorter you won't find it, posh gits called it a potato sorter :lol: .
But if you Ctrl+G in game to bring up the Global Company Overview, the sorter is called a Washer in that menu, which make it very confusing when you have the washer too. I renamed the Sorter to "Potato Sorter" but now in the menu it appears as Potato Sorter (Potato Washer). So I'm going to have to play around inside the mod files, to see if I can fix the name, as well as move and adjust some of the triggers as you suggested earlier.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*