Why do we virtual farm.

wombles

Why do we virtual farm.

Post by wombles » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:53 pm

Just wondering why you Guy/gals virtual farm.

For me, it was suggested by the head man in the hospital (not the head man of the hospital :lol: ). I have had an exciting past, full of kicks and enjoyment. THEN WELL retirement back too civvy street. Any way enough of my crap, why do you virtual farm.

MrSquealypig

Re: Why do we virtual farm.

Post by MrSquealypig » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:43 am

Because the equipment is so cool

wombles

Post by wombles » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:00 am

It sure is 😂

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:14 am

Two words: Stress Release.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. Mention this ad for a special discount on select purchases from me.

NickD94

Post by NickD94 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:27 am

Its relaxing sure pending how realistic you play can get complex but overall its played back type of of game and you can play at your own pace and choose how you play.

redglasses

Post by redglasses » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:34 am

It’s something to do, it’s fun, and me and my brother both love equipment.
Playing Minibrunn on xbox one (Thanks TopAce *thumbsup* )
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
Buy and sale forum
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Have fun out on the fields :hi:

Max4hdmatt77

Post by Max4hdmatt77 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:47 am

Its helps a TON with my anxiety and depression along with a few other things. But helps bring me back to earth and gives me something to take my mind off things and live a "farm life" that I wish I could live in real life.

Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:16 am

It's a relaxation from the real farm for me.

ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:12 am

don't farm in real life anymore and it is an escape.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.

NPR_Terry

Post by NPR_Terry » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:13 am

Because between the ages of 5 and 12 I got a cast metal model (always with some parts that worked) piece of John Deere equipment at least once a year (models of differnet things they made). Sometimes from my parents, sometimes from the lady next door, sometimes grandparents. At some point in time they all worked at Deere and Company and got a discount on them. I wish I had them all now, they would be worth a decent sum. I used to stand in the snow at the East Moline plant of International Harvester Farmall works and sell the Chicago Daily News to people in their cars as they drove into the plant. I can still remember when they built the Corporate HQ for Deere and Company in East Moline, IL. And Yes I have been to John Deeres grave in Riverside cemetery in Moline. (And just to date myself further it was before they removed the "black angel" statue that used to be there (but that's a different story, one best save for spooky nights lol). And thats why I play...
Family members have worked for Deere and Company, International Harvester and J.I. Case...
For the past three generations.

SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:04 am

I used to operate machinery doing logging and then road construction. Now I'm an accountant lol. So I kind of miss the outdoors and the machinery. I wouldn't ever go back to it though for monetary reasons, but that's why it's nice to have a simulator then, right? I never really cared for farming I actually got the game to do logging, but since I started, I've gotten more interested in farming and rarely log anymore.
This game lets you entertain yourself rather than just entertain you, and it does a good job of giving you the feeling of a good days work all done.
And the equipment is cool.
Console user
#Cameras4Consoles

wombles

Post by wombles » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:33 am

Max4hdmatt77 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:47 am
Its helps a TON with my anxiety and depression along with a few other things. But helps bring me back to earth and gives me something to take my mind off things and live a "farm life" that I wish I could live in real life.
It definitely is a relaxing game, and helps kept the lid on a few things. I hope all goes well Max.

this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:12 am

I've always loved farming and volunteered on a farm for years, but with dwindling farming jobs I never had the opportunities to do this as a career, so I guess I've always seen this as the next best thing.

I saw a demo of FS2011 and installed it as it's always fun to take the proverbial out of little crap indie games. The laugh was on me. It certainly looked a bit cheap and rubbish (and worse with age), but I was hooked and bought the full game about 15 minutes after playing that demo.

Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:14 pm

It's relaxing. Well... Until helper C drives a tractor into a pond. Lol!

I play other games but especially after I've had a frustrating day at work, last thing I want to do is come home and play something that adds to it. Plus I've always been fascinated with stuff like this.
FS19 on XBOX because my computer is a bit dated.
FS15/17 on PC

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:31 pm

Four years ago I was in a serious accident that completely changed my life. A lot of the types of games I used to play, I no longer can get into or can’t enjoyment from. I started playing FS17 after catching two guys streaming on Twitch one night, and I just find the game to be non-stressful and quite relaxing and comforting to play. Since FS19 came out it’s been a daily fixture in my life and has helped keep me sane and keep me active as I deal with the after effects and health issues I’ve been left with since my accident.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Twitch Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.twitch.tv/cwattyeso :this: