Why do we virtual farm.

Patrick73

Re: Why do we virtual farm.

Post by Patrick73 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:46 pm

I used to play fifa and battlefield but ended up turning off the PS4 in frustration most nights. Then I spotted FS15 on offer on ps store and thought why not as I’ve always had an interest in farm machinery....I’ve been hooked ever since

Ado239

Post by Ado239 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:56 pm

I've been interested in tractors and machinery since i was very young (im 35 now). I don't come from a farming background nor do i have a way in. Mortgage and other bills to be paid. This is cheap and fun way to sort of experience farm life and just unwind after a day in the real world.
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*

Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:04 pm

Because I love tractors,,also its fairly relaxing playing in the evenings after been flat out all day on the real farm,
Xbox one

rwiering85

Post by rwiering85 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:38 pm

for me its a nice change of pace,no adrenaline like shooters or race games.
and i live in a rural erea so i grew up with farm equipment all around me all my life,and my daytime job is at a forestry/landscaping company so i tend to operate most machines in real life all so

JeffFarmer1029

Post by JeffFarmer1029 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:49 pm

I grew up driving smaller tractors around Grandpa's farm and just loved the idea of that kind of life. Found a roleplay series on Squad's YT channel and found FS17 on Xbox Game Pass and found very quickly how relaxing this game was for me. It is also a game that I don't mind if my son sees me play and I have started a save game with my six-year-old nephew on Lone Oak because he is starting to get into gaming. Giants have created an amazing sandbox for modders and us to use our imagination to create something ourselves.
Newer to Farm Sim and currently in Valley The Old Farm and Slovenian Countryside.
FS17--The West Coast.
Modders and Giants, thank you for your hard work. I really appreciate your art!
Xbox One farmer with PC envy

brinko04

Post by brinko04 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:50 pm

Started driving tractors at 9; lived on the farm until I was 15. I take time off from my 8-5 job to work on my buddy's farm in northeast nebraska. I work part-time for a farmer in southeast Nebraska. It is in my blood and this helps scratch a little bit of that itch.
Family, Farming, Football (NA)
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:06 pm

If this doesn’t give any indication, well, you know where the door is... :lol:

Farmer in training, 6 years behind the wheel
Dairy Farmer. John Deere. Dairydeere!
FS 17 on PS4; FS 19 on Epic Games

Currently farming away on FSN
Find me on Discord - Dairydeere #2509
YT Channel- The Carpet Farmer

If you never ask, the answer is always no.
Have fun with the farmin’!

High Cotton

Post by High Cotton » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:23 pm

My dad and grand father farmed in early 80’s and got out not long after I was born. My dad worked for other farmers off and on so I was around it growing up. It has always interested me. I worked for some farmers when I got older. I came really close to going on my own, but a job opportunity come up for something that paid well but didn’t leave time to work for the farm even part time. Now I just save money and work towards retiring early at 55. Hopefully If everything does right I will farm on a small scale then. I still run a tractor for a buddy who farms from time to time but mainly use FS to tied me over until I can possibly do the real thing again.

Max4hdmatt77

Post by Max4hdmatt77 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:35 pm

wombles wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:33 am
Max4hdmatt77 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:47 am
Its helps a TON with my anxiety and depression along with a few other things. But helps bring me back to earth and gives me something to take my mind off things and live a "farm life" that I wish I could live in real life.
It definitely is a relaxing game, and helps kept the lid on a few things. I hope all goes well Max.
Thank you! Hope all is well on youre end as well. Coming from someone whos always played sports games and FPS shooters, this is the complete opposite end. I still love playing those kinds of games. But nothing takes me away from life quite like farm sim. I wish I could afford my own farm in the real world lol. I just want a simple life.

Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:56 pm

Because after farming for a while, I don't want to throw my controller through the TV like when I play first person shooters. Will probably live longer also by playing farm sim vs other shooter games.

Farming_Steezus

Post by Farming_Steezus » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:18 pm

I grew up and live in London and my career options are limited. The closest I can get to these awesome machines is farming simulator... kinda why I can only really enjoy playing British maps lol.
xbox one
Fendt Farm Charwell, 12 day seasons, 65 hours.

SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:36 pm

Max4hdmatt77 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:35 pm
Thank you! Hope all is well on youre end as well. Coming from someone whos always played sports games and FPS shooters, this is the complete opposite end. I still love playing those kinds of games. But nothing takes me away from life quite like farm sim. I wish I could afford my own farm in the real world lol. I just want a simple life.
I always say this too about wanting to farm in real life, but every farmer I talk to is always very down about its profitability. Also, they are always out there working really hard in cold weather. I heard one guy say they move their cows around every 2 days and have to build a new fence every time they get moved... I've built like 2 fences in my life and this alone would deter me from farming haha
Console user
#Cameras4Consoles

Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:41 pm

^^^Unplugging a corn head that triggered the slip clutch when it is cold out side is the best

Max4hdmatt77

Post by Max4hdmatt77 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:08 am

SimpleFarmer wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:36 pm
Max4hdmatt77 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:35 pm
I always say this too about wanting to farm in real life, but every farmer I talk to is always very down about its profitability. Also, they are always out there working really hard in cold weather. I heard one guy say they move their cows around every 2 days and have to build a new fence every time they get moved... I've built like 2 fences in my life and this alone would deter me from farming haha
I have absolutely no desire to farm because of the monetary side of things. I mainly want to farm because I enjoy it. I lived and worked on a farm for 8 years. A hay and straw farm mainly but we also did corn and soybeans. Small farm. Only farmed like 1000 acres max maybe. But it was always juat so peaceful. Always something to do. No technology. No phones. No games. Just working and getting things done around the farm. Ive just always enjoyed doing those sorts of things. I feel like I should be 40 or 50 years old saying that but im only 28. I have just found that a normal 9 to 5 live gives me a ton of stress. Where the farm life gave me absolutely zero stress and i was always happy and in a good mood.

Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:15 am

Last year farming gave me lots of stress and I was not in a good mood haha (I'm from the the US midwest)