Hope all my virtual farmer peeps staying safe!

brinko04

Re: Hope all my virtual farmer peeps staying safe!

Post by brinko04 »

Still working my 8-5 with a beer and water equipment manufacturer in a city of 300,000 people (3 confirmed cases). The farmer I work part-time for should start planting next week (yay!) and that should take up most of the free time I have, especially if we close for any reason at my 8-5. I'm also a baseball coach with the precious little free time I do have, although probably won't coach this year due to the events happening currently. I might have some time to play FS about July of this year!

Wife is still working (government employee). Kids are at home with online classes, oldest was supposed to graduate this year(not sure how that's going to work out). Stocked up on food to avoid contact with others; did not participate in the toilet paper craze, we have enough to last us the next 2 months.

Stay safe everyone and happy farming!
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
Max4hdmatt77

Post by Max4hdmatt77 »

Bryan83 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:51 am
Max4hdmatt77 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:53 am Pizza delivery driver here. Were doing alot of no contact deliveries right now. Just drop the food on the front step and keep it movin lol
"Leave it on the doorstep and get the h*** outta here."

Do you hear this line from Home Alone when you're delivering?
Funny you say that. When my GM sent me the video of it being done by someone he sent me that like right after it lmao.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Just got new little pigs again today. The farming operation is still trying to proceed as planned just need the weather to straighten out. My wife is an xray tech and has to deal with multiple cases of the virus. The hospital doesn't really seem to care about their employees health. She isn't allowed to wear a mask in the hallway because it will scare the patients. She is also the only one that can xray the possible virus patients because she is only nonpregnant one on the shift. Long story short, she will mostly likely get, so I will most likely get it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
brinko04

Post by brinko04 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 pm Just got new little pigs again today. The farming operation is still trying to proceed as planned just need the weather to straighten out. My wife is an xray tech and has to deal with multiple cases of the virus. The hospital doesn't really seem to care about their employees health. She isn't allowed to wear a mask in the hallway because it will scare the patients. She is also the only one that can xray the possible virus patients because she is only nonpregnant one on the shift. Long story short, she will mostly likely get, so I will most likely get it.
Sorry to hear the crappy treatment your wife seems to be getting! My very good friend is a heart doctor and I get to hear the BS that is going on in hospitals currently; needless to say, it isn't the first time hearing it and it won't be the last. Hoping for the best for you and your family!
Family, Farming, and Cornhusker Football
Part-time Farmer since 2005
XBOX Farmer since 2011
PC Farmer since 2020
Born and Raised in Nebraska
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Thanks. I'm using my trektrol cans to spray my clothes and just practice good hygiene and hopefully everything will be ok.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Well, being a farmer in training IRL, my work is getting started, and with my extracurricular activities being virtual, I am having an interesting time juggling the two. During the week, my morning is homework and the afternoon is work on the dairy. Then the weekend, I work most of the time besides on a good amount of time on Sunday. So, it hasn't slowed down much, I'm actually not getting much FS time in anymore. But for farmers, I think the work hasn't slowed down at all because our work is deemed essential by the government. I have to sign a paper that I show to the police whenever they pull me over to check and see if I am on business that is cleared for being out and about. The economy is slowing down dramatically, and I am wondering how countries will get back on their feet when this virus heads out
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

On my farm, we are just working on equipment and ordering parts and stuff. Not a whole lot to do.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

we are doing ok. wife died couple of years ago and then got married to a gal from thailand last dec. we didn't plan on staying this close together, i am 77 but it's fine. i play hardest and small equipment so i don't hurry. saying prayers for everyone. chas

for brinko04, if you can get some good samaritan oil, put a drop on the finger, touch temples, behind ears and throad. mother mary said that will keep the virus away. are you close to st louis? chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

good for my personal finances but bad for my FS19 time, the place I work for here in NY has been deemed essential according to the guidelines established by the governors of NY, Cali, and Penn. So we are pretty much at full production. Which means I'm still working full time, the downside is in order to limit the number of people in the building we have been split into multiple shifts
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

I have been sent home from work but thanks to the UK Government my company will still pay my company 80% of the cost of employing me. My take home wage will be significantly less but it's better than nothing. Driving a lot of virtual tractors and trains at the moment, but missing the banter at work!
wombles

Post by wombles »

BoxTunnel wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:43 am I have been sent home from work but thanks to the UK Government my company will still pay my company 80% of the cost of employing me. My take home wage will be significantly less but it's better than nothing. Driving a lot of virtual tractors and trains at the moment, but missing the banter at work!
Don't worry we will give you a lot of stuff on here make you feel right at home Box :biggrin2:. On the virtual trains, are you into model railway's ?
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

wombles wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:47 am Don't worry we will give you a lot of stuff on here make you feel right at home Box :biggrin2:. On the virtual trains, are you into model railway's ?
I've got a few bit's of N gauge stuff and built a small 4 foot by 2 foot baseboard a year or so ago, but then my capability ran out! Now that I'm at home all day I am determined to crack on with it. Still not settled on a track plan though!
wombles

Post by wombles »

Mine (sorry my sons now) is 00 guage, down to 8' x 4' till we get the railway room done :sadnew:.
Some great plans on line if your stuck, I find just laying it out with out joining it to see what it looks like suits me better. Though the current set up is temporary. Good luck with it Box, highly relaxing hobby especially if you can find a beers that you like in the off-licence :lol:.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

More of a wine guy myself, which really doesn't help with teeny tiny N Gauge!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Been using N gauge here too, set up a small track running around my grandparents Christmas setup, lemme see if I can find a pic
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!