What if I accidentally reset input bindings?

Azfoor

What if I accidentally reset input bindings?

Post by Azfoor » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:22 am

If I say accidentally reset my input bindings and want them back. What can I do?

PrincessJessi84

Re: What if I accidentally reset input bindings?

Post by PrincessJessi84 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:52 am

you have to go through and rebind them.. with as much time as it takes to get it right (especially with how many inputs I use) I found it to be a real time saver to have my keybindings backed up in case the worst should happen
15 & 17 on XBone X / 17 & 19 on PC
Stop in and check out our forum for dynamic sales and roleplaying @http://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/

this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:48 am

Yeah, unless you make backups of your Documents folder (physical or in the cloud) or have versioning turned on (you almost certainly don't) then they're gone.

You can in the future copy your inputBinding.xml file (same place as your game.xml and gameSettings.xml), but I'm guessing that's a bit redundant now?

BernardC

Post by BernardC » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:51 pm

Gav you' re right and it' s what i do for ages, i never had problems in windows for it ads incremental numbers or copies and only the one named inputBinding.xml is taken by the game. At this time i' ve 3 copies without redundant problems

Azfoor

Post by Azfoor » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:00 pm

PrincessJessi84 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:52 am
you have to go through and rebind them.. with as much time as it takes to get it right (especially with how many inputs I use) I found it to be a real time saver to have my keybindings backed up in case the worst should happen
That was what I was thinking... I to have alooot of inputs with courseplay gearbox etc etc........! I almost lost the will to play until I found a not so old backup of the bindings. But I have done alot since :frown:

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:10 pm

there is an upside I recently noticed my game was really slow switching from the more detailed in game options box to any of the other options or back to game. I looked in the log and it was all key binding issues mostly for mods I no longer use. Since I deleted the xml and started a fresh the game now runs way better.

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:25 am

How would I figure out which mod is causing the input binding warnings? I deleted the xml but those warnings are still showing up in my log.
Last edited by FarmCatJenkins on Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15
Facebook Page
Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins

Currently Playing:
Sussex Farms: 92 hours
Year 3, 6 day seasons
-Fiat, JCB, and Deutz-Fahr

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:35 am

FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:25 am
I would I figure out which mod is causing the input binding warnings? I deleted the xml but those warnings are still showing up in my log.
Mine was down to autoload trailers I no longer had installed.