Automated water system

hun3

Automated water system

Post by hun3 »

I'm not sure if this is even exist but I was wondering if there is a mod or script that makes supplying water automatic just like we have for the animals but for factories. I play on slovak village and I spend a lot of time refill the water tanks for my factories. I mean in real life you would just hook up the faucet.

I havent tried but I assume the animal water pump wouldnt work with factories is it?
norfolk farmer

Re: Automated water system

Post by norfolk farmer »

Before the animal mod I'd place a water standpipe near the trough and keep filling and emptying the tanker but not needing to move maybe give that a try.
wombles

Post by wombles »

It would be good if you plump them up too the mains on the QT.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

On Sussex Farms, playing with Seasons on, there is an auto-topper-upper for the animal troughs. From memory it's under "animal pens"

Not sure if this is available on other maps though, and won't appear if you play without Seasons :)
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Can't you place the water spouts from the Extended Animals mod in Giants Editor? I don't know if they only work on animals or any water trigger though...
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I think the maps have to support the Animal Extended mod, so maps like Greenwich Valley and Oakfield support it, but they should say if they have that capability enabled
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I believe the animal mod was updated to work on all maps,certainly since it updated I have yet to find a map it doesn't work on. Pre update sometimes the water standpipes could spawn in beneath the map.
Farming_Steezus

Post by Farming_Steezus »

I play on console so no tap, I put a water standpipe right next to the water trough and leave a attachable home made water weight so it triggers both. Then I activate the water refill the weight and then unload into the trough.

This fills the weight and the trough at the same time, you know it’s full up when the weight fills and stops emptying out.

Technically a glitch however it means I don’t need a 60K tanker for water.
Xbox one user
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Farming_Steezus wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:53 pm I play on console so no tap, I put a water standpipe right next to the water trough and leave a attachable home made water weight so it triggers both. Then I activate the water refill the weight and then unload into the trough.

This fills the weight and the trough at the same time, you know it’s full up when the weight fills and stops emptying out.

Technically a glitch however it means I don’t need a 60K tanker for water.
That’s brilliant...works like a dream thanx
Last edited by Patrick73 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

probably this one here. I use it too at my greenhouses, it has a small footprint so it can be placed alsmost everywhere.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC