Tractors

Bryan83

Re: Tractors

Post by Bryan83 »

FSarndrone wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:51 am One answer a mas.c.b :lol:
A Frankentractor?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

What’s a Frankentractor?
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

FSarndrone wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:47 pm What’s a Frankentractor?
Half Massey, half JCB
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Bryan83 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:08 pm Half Massey, half JCB
I mentioned it a while back, but we do have a half Claas half McCormick tractor around here cutting hedges (Claas cab and McCormick chassis).

There's no relationship between Claas and McCormick that I'm aware of, so it's probably some custom botch job mashing together two otherwise scrapped tractors and probably missing half the functions in the cab, but I swear it exists!

I'll have to grab a photo one day.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

humbe wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:36 am The MF7726 is the strongest tractor with all utility options. Front 3pt pto frontloader and narrow wheels option. Best general purpose tractor in base game I'd say. Its also the strongest tractor that can use a frontloader and the cheapest with 271+ horses available..

If you are on a budget and need a a work horse the Case IH 7250 Pro is a very cheap option for 261 hp. I invested some more and bought a Fendt 1000 vario for heavy work recently. 517hp at 63 km/h. Thats the strongest tractor that can go faster than 43 km/h in base game, and the fastest tractor above 348 horses..

If you just need speed and horses and JCB Fastrac 4220 or 8330 are strong enough and within your price range, then that sounds like a great choice for you. Just less flexible if you need to repurpose it.

Personally, I'm on hard economy so price matters. So I went for Fendt Favorite 511c, later upgraded to 515c when I could afford. It's the cheapest tractor with all utility options. Then I got the Case IH 7250 to have more horsepowers so I could use a square baler, pottinger mowing equipment, and use a 6m seeder and cultivator at full speed. Recently, I bought a Fendt 1000 Vario to be my workhorse for contracting, driving around the map able to use bigger equipment. I might sell the Case, or repurpose it for just being close to farmyard to do mowing bits or something. I expect I may exchange the Fendt Favorite with an MF7726 once I feel rich :)

This page here is pretty nice btw: https://gameplay.tips/guides/3429-farmi ... or-19.html
No its not. Claas Axion 860 has 295hp and 6R has 300 and I know for sure front loader attacher. 7700 is cheaper so it has the advantage there.

Edit: I did not see where you counted narrow tires, so you are right there the 7700 is the best medium sized tractor that does everything. However like I mentioned the 6R can have a front loader and goes up to 300 (and actually the starting 6r is the same 280hp as the top 7700).
I guess we both get the cookie.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
humbe

Post by humbe »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:45 am ...
No its not. Claas Axion 860 has 295hp and 6R has 300 and I know for sure front loader attacher. 7700 is cheaper so it has the advantage there.

Edit: I did not see where you counted narrow tires, so you are right there the 7700 is the best medium sized tractor that does everything. However like I mentioned the 6R can have a front loader and goes up to 300 (and actually the starting 6r is the same 280hp as the top 7700).
I guess we both get the cookie.
I'm talking base game. I don't have Claas DLC where I assume the tractor you mention is from. There's tons of mods out there, but sadly so many are not balanced, so cannot talk about best when somebody makes available a 1.000 hp tractor for $5.000. Official DLCs could of course be included but I can't include what I don't have and don't know.

Ah, right.. Not the strongest with front loader.. Forgot about the 6R series. The John Deere 6250R is certainly a solid option and the cheapest tractor in the 281-300 hp range. Lacking narrow wheels, so you may still need some smaller tractor for that purpose.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Any particular reason that JCB went for the cab in the middle rather than more over the rear wheels like most others do? It's a look I like, but not being a farmer I can't think of any reason why you would do it as it seems to reduce the cab size somewhat.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

So they can put equipment at the back and then another piece
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The MF 7000 S is a really nice tractor. I used it on my Marwell save with all my John Deere’s.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

eric21 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:48 pm So they can put equipment at the back and then another piece
Sorry mate, don't understand what you mean.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BoxTunnel wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:56 pm
eric21 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:48 pm So they can put equipment at the back and then another piece
You can get equipment which mounts on the rear platform as opposed to the rear 3 point. It tends to be mostly spray equipment rear sprayer and front tank. Google Landquip and JCB as I know they do a setup for a fastrac.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:12 pm
You can get equipment which mounts on the rear platform as opposed to the rear 3 point. It tends to be mostly spray equipment rear sprayer and front tank. Google Landquip and JCB as I know they do a setup for a fastrac.
Got it, cheers NorfolkFarmer. Now, which lovely modder wants to make some JCB mounted Landquip sprayers? Please!
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

in real life ... it matters
in game? its just looks get wich ever one you can afford that has enough horses
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BoxTunnel wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:53 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:12 pm

Got it, cheers NorfolkFarmer. Now, which lovely modder wants to make some JCB mounted Landquip sprayers? Please!

If you are on pc there was one released on the Farming simulator community (FSC) Facebook page with some other mods to celebrate hitting 5k subscribers, just had a look and I can't find the link. I have got it but if the link has been pulled I can't pass it on. Might be worth joining the group in case I've missed it.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Unfortunately I don't do Facebook, but thank you anyway. I guess I'll have to learn how to mod - don't hold your breath!

BoxTunnel, has all the time in the flippin' world right now so why not learn how to mod?