No Man’s Land

Patrick73

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Patrick73 »

Anyway here is my new home.. the beginnings of River view farm. There is a massive biogas facility under construction locally.....
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Here's a little overview from what I've done so far. I am in a 6 day-Season now mid-summer of year one. Started on new farmer.

I own the old farm and put in some new fields on that plot and the one on the west side of it. On that Farm I have an onion greenhouse, some chickens and 10 Holstein (since I am in year one no calvs so far)

Then I quickly moved over to the west (Plot 22) and felled a lot of trees. I cut my way into the forrest and build a Farm. For some new fields I bought plot 22 (south of 32).
This is the south entrance with my house (view from east to west)

north from my house with 8 horses and 10 brahman (view from west to east)

this is the part in the north at the border to the next plot. At one point I want some sheep. Maybe I locate the pen here.

on Plot 23 (which I don't own) I placed a Sawmill and a sellpoint for woodchips) The sign marks the way to the southern entrance of my farm

This is the obvious spot for a sellpoint. I placed two selfmarketing buildings.

Next step is pellet-production since I need them for cows and horses (and it is new and cool stuff). But as it is all shiny and new I have to put those to another part of the map. Maybe it will not be part of my business like the sawmill.
As far as global company goes I don't know if I will go big on this save. Maybe a bakery...

What I found out after the first harvest: I can harvest twice a year (GEO US midwest). first is wheat and barley and after I harvested those I can still plant soybeans and corn (even cotton is possible). I go with corn in my first year. If the fall is too wet I still can chaff it and have lots of silage in stock.

I absolutely love this map. So much options and all those little things: You can terraform land and place sellpoints on land you don't own. The forest-parts are good but not massive so you can but don't have to do a logging business.
PS4 und PC
fefinu

Post by fefinu »

Great map which I think will ruin all the others for me. I'm hoping the upcoming tree update will not require a new save!

Is there a way to measure a field area? The square/rectangle ones are easy with the Measure mod but I would prefer to have more natural shapes that fit the land contours.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^^ if that is the case I won’t be updating as I haven’t encountered any other problems
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

fefinu wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:27 am Great map which I think will ruin all the others for me. I'm hoping the upcoming tree update will not require a new save!

Is there a way to measure a field area? The square/rectangle ones are easy with the Measure mod but I would prefer to have more natural shapes that fit the land contours.
Fairly sure it might possibly maybe not potentially require a slight chance of getting a new save made. Hope that helps :lol: ...
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^^ thanks for that wonderful information...everything is much clearer now 😁
fefinu

Post by fefinu »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:10 pm
Fairly sure it might possibly maybe not potentially require a slight chance of getting a new save made. Hope that helps :lol: ...
So I keep hoping ... :lol:
raikonis

Post by raikonis »

so i started a new save on no man's land on pc playing on new farmer i purchased the field where the shop is and cut the sign to remove rocks and took a tractor and trailer and used easy development mod and added crop to the trailer and dump into the silo only the amount of crop in the silo didn't change
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Did you sell the silo extension to start with?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

Really love this map but I’m having problems loading saved games I’m on my second one that won’t let me load after 30 hours of play. The map is up to date. PS4 just wondering if anyone else has experienced any problems.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

Pafarmer wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm Really love this map but I’m having problems loading saved games I’m on my second one that won’t let me load after 30 hours of play. The map is up to date. PS4 just wondering if anyone else has experienced any problems.
Yes me!

I was doing a bit of "housekeeping" with mods, and deleted some that I wasn't using. After I'd done this, I tried to load my NML save and got a PS4 blue-screen crash. So I re-downloaded the mods, tried again, and it crashed again. Next step was trying it with no mods selected, and still got the crash :( Only had 4.5 hours of play on the map, basically just a bit of landscaping and creation of two fields, but a bit annoying nonetheless
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

I’ve reloaded the map tried without any mods no luck. Hate to keep starting over and not being able to get back in the save!
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Just read this and it may explain why people’s games are crashing

cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

Interesting! Many thanks for that info - hopefully the update will allow those with many hours on the game to get back in! :)
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Your welcome,I’m not on Facebook and I’d ask myself but could someone message alienjim to find out at the very least which plot the offending tree is in I would be grateful