No Man’s Land

Lindydanny

Re: No Man’s Land

Post by Lindydanny »

I can't seem to sell pigs at the animal dealer. I back into the spot with a full trailer using the Betimax 7500 and I can trigger the sales screen, but there is no way to toggle over to the trailer contents and sell.

Console; xbone; seasons
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:14 pm Maybe finding the building in the map file...? I is not map maker whiz lol
I tried that with the doormat I wanted to use on a FDR-Logging-Map. It would make a pretty decent mod by AJTech. Unfortunately my Modding-Skils are so limited, I didn't managed to get this one done. Anyone who can give me a good explanation how to extract those Items? I did find them in the map-file but that is all I am capable of....
PS4 und PC
Eische

Post by Eische »

It depends on how you want to bring those items to other maps. I will describe the way to create a placeable objects pack as a standalone mod. That way you can use the items on every map without needing to change the map itself.

1. Create a new folder for your item pack. Maybe FS19_noMansLand_Items
2. Copy the placeables folder from the map into your new folder
3. Create a folder called "maps" in your new folder.
4. Copy the textures folder located in maps folder from the map into your new folder.
5. Copy the modDesc.xml and icon.dds from the map into your new folder.
Now the content of your new folder should look like this:
icon.dds
modDesc.xml
/maps/textures
/placeables

6. Make changes to the modDesc.xml:
a. Shorten the description section if you want to.
b. remove the <maps> section completely
c. adjust the <title> section as you like it.

7. mark the whole content of your new folder and right click. With 7zip being installed, there should be a option to "add this to new archive called "your new folder""
8. move the new zip file (it should be named now just like your new folder) to your mods folder.

Comments:
Critical part is to keep same folder structure as it is in the maps. That way you don't need to change path names in xml or i3d files.
If you play the nomansland map, all the items will be in the shop twice. Just disable the pack while playing this map.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
I did not take into account that on some maps the included placeable objects are only consisting of the triggers, while the buildings themself are build into the maps directly. If you follow this above guide, make sure to check the i3d files of the desired placeables using GE first. Otherwise you end up in "invisible" objects while you try to place them, because you are basically just placing invisible triggers.
Last edited by Eische on Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Eische wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:54 pm
I'll try this tonight when I get home from work. Thank you!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Eische wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:54 pm It depends on how you want to bring those items to other maps. I will describe the way to create a placeable objects pack as a standalone mod. That way you can use the items on every map without needing to change the map itself.

1. Create a new folder for your item pack. Maybe FS19_noMansLand_Items
2. Copy the placeables folder from the map into your new folder
3. Create a folder called "maps" in your new folder.
4. Copy the textures folder located in maps folder from the map into your new folder.
5. Copy the modDesc.xml and icon.dds from the map into your new folder.
Now the content of your new folder should look like this:
icon.dds
modDesc.xml
/maps/textures
/placeables

6. Make changes to the modDesc.xml:
a. Shorten the description section if you want to.
b. remove the <maps> section completely
c. adjust the <title> section as you like it.

7. mark the whole content of your new folder and right click. With 7zip being installed, there should be a option to "add this to new archive called "your new folder""
8. move the new zip file (it should be named now just like your new folder) to your mods folder.

Comments:
Critical part is to keep same folder structure as it is in the maps. That way you don't need to change path names in xml or i3d files.
If you play the nomansland map, all the items will be in the shop twice. Just disable the pack while playing this map.

Hope that works. Did not checked it by myself. Just wrote it out of memory.
That works pretty fine. Thank you very much. Now I have to look at every Map and extract the mods I always wanted on other maps...
PS4 und PC
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Tried this last night. The doormat works like a charm! I didn't try the sellpoints though but thank you so much!

Eische

Post by Eische »

You are welcome. I'm glad it worked :lol:
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
ClearCreakCattleCo.

Post by ClearCreakCattleCo. »

If you guys are looking for a good place to build a farm or some building ideas on no mans land look up Raznac he is a small yt he has just over 1k subs so go check him out he is one of my favorites yt
Spookeh

Post by Spookeh »

I was wondering, when I buy seed or solid fertilizer from the "huge tap" at the vehicle shop, bulk supplies seem to cost roughly 30% more than buying them on pallets. Wouldn't its actually make more sense that they are cheaper since storage for the shop would be easier and it would cut the cost of packaging?

I mostly keep my bulk goods (seed, solid fertilizer, lime) in silos, so getting trailer loads from the "huge tap" is way more convenient, but right now its also waaay more expensive. Currently I'm keeping to having to load pallets onto a trailer and filling my silos by simultaneously refilling and unloading my shovel. I hope maybe this could get fixed to where bulk goods actually receive a 5-10% discount.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I think you're paying for that convenience. Bulk dispensers are always more expensive.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Spookeh wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:31 am I was wondering, when I buy seed or solid fertilizer from the "huge tap" at the vehicle shop, bulk supplies seem to cost roughly 30% more than buying them on pallets. Wouldn't its actually make more sense that they are cheaper since storage for the shop would be easier and it would cut the cost of packaging?

I mostly keep my bulk goods (seed, solid fertilizer, lime) in silos, so getting trailer loads from the "huge tap" is way more convenient, but right now its also waaay more expensive. Currently I'm keeping to having to load pallets onto a trailer and filling my silos by simultaneously refilling and unloading my shovel. I hope maybe this could get fixed to where bulk goods actually receive a 5-10% discount.
There is a multiplier in the xml file under placeables. I believe it's called Silomaster.xml. You can try fiddling with those numbers to your liking, assuming you're on PC and are able to make those changes.

Devric

Post by Devric »

Is it me or is it something else... I can't get out of the store lol! Gate is closed and I can't find any manual way to open it and I have increased game speed in order to see if it has "opening hours". Tried to drive vehicles up tp it but nothing. I'm trapped in a no man's land's vehicle store!
SomeFarmer

Post by SomeFarmer »

Drive to the north
Devric

Post by Devric »

O....M....G........ It was me!!! Thank you! I'll go and stand in the corner for a while and rethink my life...
SomeFarmer

Post by SomeFarmer »

You are welcome.
Just don't ask why I knew the way to go...