Is FS19 on the Xbox worth it?

Hedgehead1994

Is FS19 on the Xbox worth it?

Post by Hedgehead1994 »

So I've been playing FS17 on Xbox for a good few years now but seeing as I am isolation for a while I'm debating on buying FS19. However I have seen a lot of bad reviews still to this day.

I would love to buy it on PC but my computer just simply won't handle it!

If anyone has any cheaper options for Xbox that means not buying at £35.99 for the standard option then please let me know!
Bryan83

Re: Is FS19 on the Xbox worth it?

Post by Bryan83 »

I have exclusively played on XB since '15 and I would say if you really enjoy the game then yes, it's absolutely worth it.

Thing to remember is people are more likely to post a bad review than a good one, so don't go solely on the word of someone who my be wishing the black plague on Giants because the wind isn't blowing in the right direction as compared to the real world.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

It is absolutely worth it.

I waited a long time to buy it myself after reading the bad reviews but I have loved every minute of it and it has been very helpful to keep my mind off of things.

There are also a ton of new game changing mods on console.
Hedgehead1994

Post by Hedgehead1994 »

The price point is still really frustrating as every other console seems to be priced from £15-£25 on pc and PS4 but £35.99 on Xbox 😭

Think I'm just going spend the next few days looking around for a cheaper deal as I can't justify the £35.99 just right now. Hopefully it might even go on offer in the store 😂
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

In short I won't say either game is clearly better than the other. There are elements of each game which are good and bad. If you're still enjoying FS17 and don't feel you're missing that, then I'd say stay on it, and I'll elaborate why below.

Longer version:

It depends on who you ask. There are plenty who prefer FS17 and play exclusively on that. There are other map options on FS17 too, so if you like BulletBill's maps for example then you're better off staying with FS17 (OxygenDavid has converted Lone Oak to FS19 for BulletBill though). FS19 doesn't have BulletBill's stunning new map The Western Shore (arguably the best ever map for FS), but it does have OxygenDavid's excellent Marwell Manor.

The graphics are the most divisive subject. Some (myself included) feel they are overblown and manage to crush both the shadows and highlights and has a washed out palette leading to an atmosphere that I feel would better suit a post-apocalyptic game than a simulator. The sky is the other major graphical change, and while being dynamic (only really noticeable when fast-forwarding though) it has little in the way of character (Seasons improves this to a degree) and completely lacks depth, probably for performance reasons. Both the sky and graphics style detract from a lot of converted maps. Despite OxygenDavid's best efforts, neither Oakfield Farm nor Lone Oak Farm feel as good as they did in FS17. Graphics you can get a feel from watching any streamer so you can see whether you like the style or not.

The other major negative is vehicle noise In FS19, which takes a step backwards from FS17. Most have been improved from launch, but it's still not as good as FS17.

What I will say is that if you see the graphics and sound as poor then it detracts from both FS19 and FS17. FS19's negatives are so in-your-face that if they bug you then they'll spoil it, but going back to FS17 you know you're missing out on the many other improvements.

The physics have improved with FS19 and apparently are with FS2x too (there's a hint of them in the Platinum DLC, where implements need more well-suited power). When you go back to FS17 it's glaringly obvious how bad the instant acceleration is compared to FS19.

The 3D shop is a huge improvement on FS17, an improvement which doesn't get enough credit and isn't felt until you try FS17 again.

Other than landscaping and build your own farm modes (both are which leave a lot to be desired, but are better than nothing) there are loads of little tweaks to the game - small details, such as being able to raise your header without switching implements and others like seats moving and feet using the throttle and brake pedals.

Horses and birds are in the game now. Neither really add much and both could have been implemented better, but neither detract from anything either. The less said about the dog the better.

If you use the Seasons mod in FS17 then you're in for a treat with FS19 as it's much more feature full and well layered out.

Plus the game obviously now features Claas and John Deere if brands are important to you.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Also there is seasons now and straw harvest mod coming soon too
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Hedgehead1994 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:03 pm The price point is still really frustrating as every other console seems to be priced from £15-£25 on pc and PS4 but £35.99 on Xbox 😭

Think I'm just going spend the next few days looking around for a cheaper deal as I can't justify the £35.99 just right now. Hopefully it might even go on offer in the store 😂
You might do some checking around online for deals. Also, I don't know if Game Stop is international or not, but here in the states you can often find barely used copies (people get them and decide they don't want to keep it, or something along those lines) for sale cheaper than new. They also test the games and make sure they work before they sell them, so no worries about getting a bad disc.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

If you are enjoying 17, stay with it. Now that I have played 19 I can’t go back, but that is because I have found a map that hits home. 19 takes an aweful long time to get used to and find your groove if that makes sense. There are a lot of good mods, but finding a map you like, combined with a slot count that won’t put you in a corner, can be tricky. The biggest thing to get used to are the graphics. Some maps they are really shown off as to how good they can be, and other maps just make everything look amateurish. Where I didn’t feel 17 had that issue. On 17 I felt all maps looked good, it was just a matter of play style. Hope this makes sense. I am more of a visual artsy fellow as to know where I’m coming from.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

chedly_farms wrote:time=1585405060 user_id=132556]
If you are enjoying 17, stay with it. Now that I have played 19 I can’t go back, but that is because I have found a map that hits home. 19 takes an aweful long time to get used to and find your groove if that makes sense. There are a lot of good mods, but finding a map you like, combined with a slot count that won’t put you in a corner, can be tricky. The biggest thing to get used to are the graphics. Some maps they are really shown off as to how good they can be, and other maps just make everything look amateurish. Where I didn’t feel 17 had that issue. On 17 I felt all maps looked good, it was just a matter of play style. Hope this makes sense. I am more of a visual artsy fellow as to know where I’m coming from.[/Spoiler]
This message hits home for me right here. Couldn’t of said it better myself, but basically I am having a hard time adjusting to 19, but instead of slot count being a factor, it is not having enough time to get through everything. I just haven’t found a map to stick with, and with my limited play time, I am struggling to stick in one spot. If you have more time, maybe an hour a day, then it won’t take long to find your home on a map. Keep in mind I might be a bit picky when it comes to getting the right map :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

It’s worth getting on Xbox. I play it on both e Xbox and pc. Yes, consoles have their limitations, but it is still really fun. I mainly play on Xbox and occasionally on pc for maps like medicine creek farms