Does alfa alfa regrow?

Azfoor

Does alfa alfa regrow?

Post by Azfoor »

As the title says. Does Alfa alfa regrow after harvested? Like the year after.!
Illinois Farmer

Re: Does alfa alfa regrow?

Post by Illinois Farmer »

If it is like irl then yes.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

I don't know about alfa alfa, but alfalfa is just grass type. Don't know how it is treated in game, but here in the US it's mowed and dried into hay for feed.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Chad

Post by Chad »

So the worst word in farm Sim is " realistic". So I'm not going to say realiistic, just tell you that in my neck of the woods, a typical alfalfa crop (in Reno county KS) will get you 3-5 cutting per year. A typical alfalfa crop, in Reno county KS, will last between 5-7 years. After that, the alfalfa crop should have built up a good deal of nitrogen in the soil. So. In our area, people will typically tear up the declining alfalfa crop during the summer, and plant winter wheat in the fall. Hope this helps!
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Yea I got that it regrows irl. I figured that out with Google but I'm trying to find out if it's does the same ingame before it's to late in spring to plant new! :confusednew:
wombles

Post by wombles »

Looks like your gonna have too bite the biccie and try it out Azfoor
dimi

Post by dimi »

If you are talking about sandy bay with seasons then i don't think so. not that i have tested it myself, but Oxygendavid didn't include a crops.xml file with custom growth patterns in the map. which means seasons treats them as barley. not a big problem for the rye but it makes the alfalfa growth pattern very unrealistic. I think this is also the reason that it is classed as a cereal crop in the rotation planner.

Now that we are talking about it anyway, does anyone know of any seasons ready maps that have alfalfa as a crop? i want to try and see if i can figure out from another map crops.xml file how to include that in sandy bay. But i haven't found a map that has it yet.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Medicine Creek I think has Alfalfa. And a custom GEO
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Yes as it's a grass it should regrow, like sugarcane etc
dimi

Post by dimi »

Thank you FarmCatJenkins! i've downloaded it and indeed it has a alfalfa. It also has a crops.xml file for a custom growth patern for the alfalfa, it looks quite complicated so i will have to look into it but i hope i can use the information from that file for sandy bay.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

dimi wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:40 pm Thank you FarmCatJenkins! i've downloaded it and indeed it has a alfalfa. It also has a crops.xml file for a custom growth patern for the alfalfa, it looks quite complicated so i will have to look into it but i hope i can use the information from that file for sandy bay.
If you have any luck with the file, could you let me know?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

All you need to do is copy that into whatever geo you're using on Sandy Bay for each growth transition. Any questions PM me or get a hold of me on discord

BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:07 pm All you need to do is copy that into whatever geo you're using on Sandy Bay for each growth transition. Any questions PM me or get a hold of me on discord
So do i drop the crops xml into the data file in the seasons GEO that i am using?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Isn't it possible to make it behave like grass?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

BreadedVirus wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:52 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:07 pm All you need to do is copy that into whatever geo you're using on Sandy Bay for each growth transition. Any questions PM me or get a hold of me on discord
So do i drop the crops xml into the data file in the seasons GEO that i am using?
Depends on if you like the growth of everything else. Easiest thing would be to have both crops.xml files open and copy the alfalfa from Medicine Creek into your current one for each growth index