Autodrive saved courses disappears betweens game sessions

Sockerbetan

Autodrive saved courses disappears betweens game sessions

Post by Sockerbetan »

Hello fellow digital farmers. I have encountered this rather annoying problem where my saved Autodrive course disappears between sessions. I have to my eye no errors in the log but it probably is a modconflict. Has anyone had this problem and did have a fix for it?

Thank you and have a pleasant evening!
BigAl Farming

Re: Autodrive saved courses disappears betweens game sessions

Post by BigAl Farming »

What map are you playing on? Is it no mans land per chance as I have the same problem on that map.

I think it could be a map conflict as tried starting a new game with only autodrive in mod folder (nothing else in folder at all) but still had the issue.
Sockerbetan

Post by Sockerbetan »

Yepp, its No Mans Land. And after abit testing that is also my conclusion.
BigAl Farming

Post by BigAl Farming »

I did some more investigating and managed to find the problem. It is a map conflict. Autodrive uses the map title for its file naming, but looks like it cant handle the apostrophe in the map tile.

Fortunately, found a very simple fix - deleting the apostrophe from the map title description line in the maps modDesc.xml file - and now map & autodrive work perfectly together, and with existing savegame - result!

(Do remember that modhub would now see this as a different map version though, so just need to ignore the in game modhub update as that'd regress the map back to its original version with the apostrophe & delete autodrive courses).

Hope this helps any others who have the issue.
Sockerbetan

Post by Sockerbetan »

Thank you, will try this fix cause its a wonderful map!
Sockerbetan

Post by Sockerbetan »

Yey, it worked, but to future people that needs to do this theres two entries of No Man´s Land in the modDesc.xml file that you need to change.

Thank you BigAl!!!
Moosey

Post by Moosey »

Encountered the same problem ages ago in Mining & Construction economy map. Same soluton - remove "&" from map name.
ccwoody

Post by ccwoody »

I have this problem on the map God's Country. How do I edit out the apostrophe? thanks for any help.
Farmerwill682

Post by Farmerwill682 »

BigAl Farming wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:01 pm I did some more investigating and managed to find the problem. It is a map conflict. Autodrive uses the map title for its file naming, but looks like it cant handle the apostrophe in the map tile.

Fortunately, found a very simple fix - deleting the apostrophe from the map title description line in the maps modDesc.xml file - and now map & autodrive work perfectly together, and with existing savegame - result!

(Do remember that modhub would now see this as a different map version though, so just need to ignore the in game modhub update as that'd regress the map back to its original version with the apostrophe & delete autodrive courses).

Hope this helps any others who have the issue.
Hi Big Al.
Can you offer me further help on this? I have tried removing the ' out of the modDesc.xml file but it appears to corrupt the file. When i open it after saving there is just 1ine of text at the top, all the rest has gone.....
The autodrive routes still dont save reload on next game session either so definitely something not right somewhere.
Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated as this is driving me mad now.
TIA
Fedman

Post by Fedman »

Hello,
I have managed to solve this by inserting line 94 to AutoDrive.lua

Code: Select all

AutoDrive.loadedMap = string.gsub(AutoDrive.loadedMap, "'", "_")
I have already informed developers on their github page, hopefully they will add this to next release. For Mining & Construction just add another line and replace ' with &, like so

Code: Select all

AutoDrive.loadedMap = string.gsub(AutoDrive.loadedMap, "&", "_")
I have tested this, it is working on existing savegame.
humbe

Post by humbe »

A human readable text field can have lots of characters not wanted in file names. Sounds like they lack a conversion to convert a random string to an acceptable filename. Rather than fixing a single character, they should use a function that escapes or strips all unwanted characters..
Iwan1803

Post by Iwan1803 »

I have no idea what makes modder include such characters in their names, but this is just stupid.

The AD-Team integrated these changes for the map names with 1.1.0.5-RC4:
, will be replaced with _
: will be replaced with _
; will be replaced with _
' will be replaced with _
So there is no need to edit the map itself as this could cause other problems.

There are 2 things which must be changed for existing AD configs:
- rename the config file
- rename the map name inside this file (2 positions)
and that's all.
Sane

Post by Sane »

Can someone guide me through the process? because I tried to look for the ' but I didn't find it
Jan Klaassen

Post by Jan Klaassen »

Sane wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:08 am Can someone guide me through the process? because I tried to look for the ' but I didn't find it
At the moment you need to download the latest release candidate from the developer Github (https://github.com/Stephan-S/FS19_AutoDrive) and place it in your mods folder (leave a donation) :biggrin2:

Next, close the game.
Go to your savegame folder and find the file 'AutoDrive_No_Man's_Land_config.xml'
Rename the file to 'AutoDrive_No_Man_s_Land_config.xml' (no quotes)
Open this file in a text editor.
Find the lines that say <No_Man's_Land> and </No_Man's_Land> and rename them to <No_Man_s_Land> and </No_Man_s_Land>
In essence replace the ' with _

(I'm not affiliated with this mod but did my own trial and error.)
FarmAco

Post by FarmAco »

<No_Man's_Land> and </No_Man's_Land>
does anyone know why I don't have that line in the file?? :gamer: :frown: