umm.... is this mean't to happen on SANDY BAY?

TheJhonnyMan

umm.... is this mean't to happen on SANDY BAY?

Post by TheJhonnyMan »

so I just loaded up my seasons savegame on sandy bay and i went to bale field 34 and this is what i saw

:hmm: Is this meant to happen i mowed thew grass for it to dry into hay but now it looks like snow!
Does anyone know why this might've happened?
Noraf

Re: umm.... is this mean't to happen on SANDY BAY?

Post by Noraf »

Disable straw harvest.
Or, if on PC, use the beta.
It's a known issue.

Hope you haven't saved after loading up now though...
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
TheJhonnyMan

Post by TheJhonnyMan »

Noraf wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:32 am Disable straw harvest.
Or, if on PC, use the beta.
It's a known issue.

Hope you haven't saved after loading up now though...
I am on pc
what's the beta???
and where do i get it? i just set up my pellet factory and i don't want to lose it
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Here

But if you have saved the game I don't think that it will fix this, as it it's then written into the save as this cropp.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity »

Don’t forget you have Save backups so just pick the previous time copy and paste that into the same game you was using before.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Yes its technically possible and while not supposed to happen its very much not surprising for the following reason.

What you are seeing here is a byproduct of how the base game engine deals with something called height types (think of these as filltypes that you can tip to ground). The game engine has by default a set number of allowed height types. A mod map can adjust this number up and that is how maps with lots of multi-fruits that you can tip to ground work. Seasons adds 3 additional height types in semi dry grass, salt and snow. Straw harvest adds an additional 2 height types in hay and straw pellets. So with just seasons and straw harvest we have 5 new height types on top of the game items and any other multi fruit a map might have.

When you start a new save game the height types of the map and base game are indexed in one of your save game XML files. This way when the density height map file is created and updated during game play the various tip to ground items are recorded in this file and referenced via the index as to what they represent. so the index is sort of a legend to the density map.

When a mod is added to an existing save game that includes additional height types the save game adds them to the index, but this is where it can get sketchy. There is no assurance that the index will remain in the same order as before. This IMO is a fault of the game engine not reserving index values per height type at the start of the save game for the life of the save. As such when you add say seasons to the save game its always been possible that lets say salt appears where a different tip to ground item was located. For what ever reason it seems to occur with some regularity that if you have an existing save with seasons and you have hay or grass (not sure which ) on the ground and then add straw harvest the byproduct is the re-indexing of these height types and the result is what used to be hay/grass is now snow/salt.

This is not a defect of straw harvest nor of seasons but a byproduct of how the base game operates.

Interesting enough it might also be the order that things are activated in a save game. IE I didn't see this issue when I had a no seasons no straw harvest save that I added straw harvest to and then added seasons to at a later time. this seems to occur when seasons is active before straw harvest but again this is a technical byproduct of how the base game indexes and keeps track of height types in existing game saves and its lack of reserving existing height types and making sure any new ones are added to the end of the index.

The best practice to adding straw harvest is going to be to have nothing tip to ground on the map. no grass, straw, hay, silage, chaff or anything else on the ground in a heap or windrow or in a silage bunker. There is a risk of one of them converting to something else when adding any mod that includes new height types. Same with snow on the ground becoming straw pellets when adding this in the winter if there is snow on the ground.

Best thing for you to do is as mentioned launch the save with out straw harvest (hope you didnt save over top of this and have a backup) and collect all of the material off the ground first then activate it. then going forward you will be ok as new entries into the height density map will be based on the new index.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Two simple solutions if you want to play with Seasons.
1. Start a new save.
2. On old save, start game without straw harvest, collect all the things from ground or wait until they disappear (better wait for spring, then all the grass and hay have rotten).
In spring wait all the snow had melt, then save, make savegame backup, add straw-harvest DLC, load game, check everything good, if not, you can try again to remove things with backup save.
Fi3ldOfSorrow

Post by Fi3ldOfSorrow »

No just patient, the update for sandy bay will be come with the console version, and after the update, the dlc will be 100% working on Sandy bay ( the update need a new savegame !!! )
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

The new savegame part that the update requires fixes most 'issues' related to SH, yes. Not the update ;)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Fi3ldOfSorrow

Post by Fi3ldOfSorrow »

Alagos wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:28 pm The new savegame part that the update requires fixes most 'issues' related to SH, yes. Not the update ;)
Ohh ok :) *thumbsup*