Giants editor on console

JDMan10

Giants editor on console

Post by JDMan10 »

This may have been discussed before idk, but is there a way for giants to install some sort of version of editor in the game for console players to be able to edit maps and other mods and stuff?
eric21

Re: Giants editor on console

Post by eric21 »

Would editing mods breach rules?
ClearCreakCattleCo.

Post by ClearCreakCattleCo. »

no you can't get it on console I've tried before and there is no way
JDMan10

Post by JDMan10 »

Idk if it would or not. If it was giants choice to add it in then I wouldn’t think they would mind but idk lol
aklein

Post by aklein »

I think this would be difficult as you need more than just the editor. you would need an xml editor to edit the xml and file level access to be able to zip files, add images and textures all of which would require the ability to side load things.
JDMan10

Post by JDMan10 »

Yeah that’s true. I’m not tech savvy lol. I would like to be but I’m not. I just mostly want to be able to remove objects from maps
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I think the future of FS is going to be more map and building customization. I would be willing to bet that FS25 (at this point lol) will have drastically more terrain editing capabilities and ways to build your own buildings (i'm imagining something like Fallout 4 kind of modular building options). I think we will be able to create entire maps from the editor in game.
Giants CEO:
"With the new consoles, you are correct. Our options are limitless."
Last edited by SimpleFarmer on Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It seems to me with the addition of the landscaping tool that a full blown map editor will come in time. Hopefully the ability to remove static objects will be one of the next features to be added. As good as GE is to have it would be far easier to be able to "tidy up" maps on the fly to compliment the landscaping tools we now have.
JDMan10

Post by JDMan10 »

Yeah I hope y’all are right. That’s some good info. Thanks