things you would like to have in fs19

Illinois Farmer

Re: things you would like to have in fs19

Post by Illinois Farmer »

You are missing the point. The idea would be for all platforms and would in theory fix all your problems.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

@Farmboss

The thing you're missing is that not all maps currently define the field extents completely, mainly because it's very time consuming to set up and define the fields on a full map (especially if they are not rectangular). Therefore what Illinois farmer is suggesting is that, like you would in real life, a system could be put in place where you drive around the field boundaries to define the extent of the field. This could then be used to help the worker keep within the defined field boundaries and complete their assigned task.
This would be a one time task to set up your fields then after that your worker could be set off based on the previous boundary definitions. It's just a possible way of achieving what you, and many others, are after that's all.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

To end the bickering, I'll concede.
The topic is "things you would like to have in fs19".
One thing I'd like is a fully functioning AI worker for field work. Set him/her on a field, and they complete the task without a problem. If Giants dedicated an update solely to that aspect, I'd be fine. It's not a matter of me being too lazy to do any of that (as some suggest), it's a matter of being able to properly use a function that the game already offers.
If they later expanded it to allow for worker deliveries, that'd be awesome.
MacCLovin

Post by MacCLovin »

Agree workers need overhauled on basic functions (plowing, cultivating, harvesting, etc). I'll take it a step further - how about bailing. Set a worker off in the field to bail. Also fill up a trailer of grain and send them off to deliver to a point on the map.
Pict

Post by Pict »

I'd like to see a trash collection / scrap merchant ability. In a way you could pick up any of the junk that thoroughly spams some maps and get paid for doing it.

As almost every map I use winds up in the editor for a junk deleting session I feel that if it has to be there, they could at least make it playable. The stock US map for example is brim full of junk and even has a junkyard. What would it have taken to make these objects movable with a value and a sale point in the junkyard? Very little I reckon from what little I know of using the editor. :hi:

Even just the ability to move some of those "oldSiloParts" with a front-loader or what have you, that appear too often in most maps and almost always in a place where you would choke someone for leaving them. Almost like the map maker had some weird sadistic pleasure in placing them :lol:
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Even just deleting not-functioning objects without the GE would be a nice treat.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I went through one map in GE -- Dreisterhof I think -- changing wheelbarrows and the like to dynamic objects, so that my seven tonne tractor didn't get stopped dead by a rusty old wheelbarrow, and it killed the FPS: the calculations for the physics of collision are phenomenal. Which suggests that all-moveable objects are unlikely, at least in the short term.

I find it interesting that there is such a wide spread of opinion between map-makers and users; on one hand decorating their map with almost (almost? :)) obsessive attention to detail and on the other hand, wanting the group and yards clear of "junk" and stuff.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:51 pm ...
1. I've had workers that continue onto the field next to the one I started them on.
2. I've gone hunting for a hired worker, to find him in the river far from where he belonged.
3. I've had a worker that didn't know how to deal with some car driving on the road next to my field.
4. I've had to do headline before hiring a worker.
1. Only had this happen when I am using a big sprayer and I own the fields that are next to each other. The worker actually sprayed all 3 of my fields after I set him on the first one. Harvesting, cultivating/plowing, and seeding they seem to be contained to the field I set them off in.

2. Had this happen on the New Woodshire map.

3&4. All the time. If the field has trees or immovable objects around the field I do a 6-12m border before I set the worker off. If it borders a road I'll either turn traffic off or do a line myself.
FarmBoss wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:51 pm It already works mostly. It just needs to be finished, by them. We shouldn't need to reply on a complicated mod that is not supported on all platforms to finish it for them.
Absolutely agree. Aside from the above issues and not doing bailing, it works, it just needs to be fine tuned by the developers.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

RedJester wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:55 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:51 pm ...
1. I've had workers that continue onto the field next to the one I started them on.
2. I've gone hunting for a hired worker, to find him in the river far from where he belonged.
3. I've had a worker that didn't know how to deal with some car driving on the road next to my field.
4. I've had to do headline before hiring a worker.
1. Only had this happen when I am using a big sprayer and I own the fields that are next to each other. The worker actually sprayed all 3 of my fields after I set him on the first one. Harvesting, cultivating/plowing, and seeding they seem to be contained to the field I set them off in.

2. Had this happen on the New Woodshire map.

3&4. All the time. If the field has trees or immovable objects around the field I do a 6-12m border before I set the worker off. If it borders a road I'll either turn traffic off or do a line myself.
1. For me it was Mercury Farm, fields 34, 35 and 36 are pretty close to each other. Worker continued cultivating onto a newly planted field. I realize it comes down to field proximity and tool width. Maybe Giants could have the worker overlap the last pass rather than having the tool go outside the field, and this would prevent the tool from touching the next field over.

3. I also remove traffic now, and try to avoid fields with objects placed too close to their boundary.

4. Map layer information could possibly be used by the worker, so he/she could do their own headline around the field.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

blue_painted wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:58 pm I went through one map in GE -- Dreisterhof I think -- changing wheelbarrows and the like to dynamic objects, so that my seven tonne tractor didn't get stopped dead by a rusty old wheelbarrow, and it killed the FPS: the calculations for the physics of collision are phenomenal. Which suggests that all-moveable objects are unlikely, at least in the short term.

I find it interesting that there is such a wide spread of opinion between map-makers and users; on one hand decorating their map with almost (almost? :)) obsessive attention to detail and on the other hand, wanting the group and yards clear of "junk" and stuff.
We just want the opportunity to move it around or sell it to make way for other things. That's what happens in all farms, maybe we could have old farm equipment that bites the dust, and a new scrap pile starts, plus we could have junk yards that gives you different prices at different times of the year.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Make a dynamite mod able to remove the closest object on a map so you can remove them selectively when you need to.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Other posters have touched on some of this, and it is clearly an AI need, but I would love to have employees do:
-Harvest delivery: Load a trailer, hire a worker, and set the destination. (Driving grain wagons around the map was fun the first couple of times...)
-Load logs: Even just the ones in reach of the trailer and crane- I'd settle for moving the trailer. I just can't find a rhythm on the log trailer cranes.
-Run a bailer and load bales.
Still new to the game, but hooked...
Old fat guy with a day job...
loonitun

Post by loonitun »

A few things i would find good to add to the game

1. A small handoperated pallet lifter ( to move the pallets around in the sheds ) or where the forklift and tractors cant go easy
2. some kind of fence building / removeing , ( like in the murcury farm map )
3. more realisme, a bit more heavy feel to the tractors , and a bit of what the mod added realisme to vehicle does
4. a simplified courseplay