things you would like to have in fs19

FarmBoss

Re: things you would like to have in fs19

Post by FarmBoss »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:47 pm Should almost do it like you would irl. Drive the the field boundaries with a truck, gator, or 4 wheeler and the workers would know where to go.
The field boundaries are already known. The problem is the AI workers doesn't always recognize them properly, or is unable to figure out navigation if there are obstacles. A better developed AI would be appreciated by a lot of people, especially those who don't have access to certain mods.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I know they are known for missions and stuff, but the a.i doesn't know where to go. If you would have to map out there boundaries like irl then the a.i would know exactly where to go like there gps systems do irl.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Said it before I’d like a dlc with tulip harvesting and a Dutch map with large worker friendly fields. Going forward I’d like to see maps created without piles of stuff everywhere,it adds nothing to the game at all
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

It would be great if you could take all the rubbish from around a farm and sell it to a junk yard or pay for a skip to take piles of rubble away to be disposed of in land fill. Scrap wood could go into an incinerator or chipper. In FS15 there was a mod where you could empty wheelie bins that you could dot around the houses and shops, and then go around emptying then with a dust cart and sell the rubbish to a waist-disposal depot.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:37 pm I know they are known for missions and stuff, but the a.i doesn't know where to go. If you would have to map out there boundaries like irl then the a.i would know exactly where to go like there gps systems do irl.
Which is why I suggest Giants make the AI "know where to go" in the already known, built in boundaries. These maps and fields are not built on the fly, they are defined in the file. If you've ever opened a map in GE you'd know what I mean. The AI just needs some work. There's no point giving us a way to define something that's already defined in the map, just make the AI use that knowledge properly.
Illinois Farmer

Yes I know all that stuff already. If you ever actually made a boundary irl you would know what I'm saying, but you don't apparently. I know the fields are defined hence they made, duh. Irl you can pull off satellite images of ever field and see exactly what it looks like, but that doesn't mean the GPS can just drive your field. You need to link the two by mapping it out first. It would be more realistic and something new to do if you had to map out your field edges, so the a.i would work like courseplay. By mapping it out, you would link the a.i function with the predetermined field definition.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

^^lol you think you know what you're talking about. Sorry I wasted my time.
Illinois Farmer

Oh ok "farmboss," who can't even figure out a harvesting contract. Obviously my idea isn't in the game, but it is an idea to expand the a.i.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Your idea isn't in the game because it isn't needed. I'm not talking about GPS, Courseplay, linking this and that and whatever else you're going on about. I'm talking about hiring a worker in game, setting him/her to work on a field, and having him/her work the field without missing a large percentage, and staying within the bounds (which are already known).
The field coordinates are already know, built into the map. That is how the worker currently stays within (mostly). If the worker didn't already know the bounds, it would never turn around, and never stop. My point is, that needs to be worked on, so they ALWAYS know when to turn, and ALWAYS know when to stop.
For example, in game if you have two fields that are close together, and the tool attached to the AI overlaps the next field, it will continue working the next field when it should actually stop (unless that is just another thing you think I can't figure out). The attached tool (while operating) should not extend beyond the edge, the AI worker should overlap his/her own work to avoid going outside the field. If Giants designed the worker to do a headland, it might solve some of the issues.
Illinois Farmer

Therefore you need to create a boundary line first. Thanks. A solution for right mowe would be you do the headline first, but we both know you don't like doing any of that work.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:59 am Your idea isn't in the game because it isn't needed. I'm not talking about GPS, Courseplay, linking this and that and whatever else you're going on about. I'm talking about hiring a worker in game, setting him/her to work on a field, and having him/her work the field without missing a large percentage, and staying within the bounds (which are already known).
The field coordinates are already know, built into the map. That is how the worker currently stays within (mostly). If the worker didn't already know the bounds, it would never turn around, and never stop. My point is, that needs to be worked on, so they ALWAYS know when to turn, and ALWAYS know when to stop.
For example, in game if you have two fields that are close together, and the tool attached to the AI overlaps the next field, it will continue working the next field when it should actually stop (unless that is just another thing you think I can't figure out). The attached tool (while operating) should not extend beyond the edge, the AI worker should overlap his/her own work to avoid going outside the field. If Giants designed the worker to do a headland, it might solve some of the issues.
You are talking about courseplay though, everything you complain about giants AI not doing is what it does. Pull up where you want to start on the field select the course generation select what you want it to do (number of headland passes, direction you want it to work, what to do around islands, ect) and tell it to go to work. Plus on top of that you can make a course to go to and from the field if ya like. Then bam a perfectly planted, plowed, fertilized, or harvested field and you have the ability to have trucks or tractors with tippers haul the grain off to the sale point or to your own storage and you can save the routes once you get them how you want. You can also send a baler to run the combines route and bale all your straw. It fills all the needs you say are missing plus a whole bunch more and it needs to be brought into the fold the same way crop destruction was.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

He isnt, hes saying better ai working the world without setting up a course
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

eric21 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:33 pm He isnt, hes saying better ai working the world without setting up a course
Yes I understand that it’s pressing 4 buttons one time instead of one then it’s just one after the initial setup to get the desired result but that’s the problem with giants current system it’s one size fits all and that’s what makes it problematic. A system like courseplay works with the individual field instead of just drives back and forth between boundaries.
Illinois Farmer

Thanks mwal. It is an idea to make the a.i better since it is part of the game that hasn't been expanded on.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Call it whatever you want then. Implement it however you want. My original suggestion is that I (me alone) would not mind if an entire update or version was dedicated to completing the worker functions. Finish what they already started, because the field bounds are already known, they're built into the maps. Some bright guy (who doesn't appear to see the redundancy) thinks that even though the bounds are already known, you also need some GPS/satellite system to link what is already known with more of the exact same information.

1. I've had workers that continue onto the field next to the one I started them on.
2. I've gone hunting for a hired worker, to find him in the river far from where he belonged.
3. I've had a worker that didn't know how to deal with some car driving on the road next to my field.
4. I've had to do headline before hiring a worker.

It already works mostly. It just needs to be finished, by them. We shouldn't need to reply on a complicated mod that is not supported on all platforms to finish it for them.