Post by crash »

Its over 1700 (!) mods on modhub :hi: :gamer:

And a bunch was added today :biggrin2:
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
PS4farmhand

Re: Did you know...

Post by PS4farmhand »

I did not... Thank you so much for the info!👍 I was wondering about this. I'm curious as to how you figured it out. :hmm: did you count every single one?
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

:wink3: He used math.... or a calculator :shock:
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Also the general discussion thread has more topics than the entire fs17 forum
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

PS4farmhand wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:49 pm I'm curious as to how you figured it out. :hmm: did you count every single one?
There are 24 mods per page, 72 pages of mods, though the last page only has 18.

PC: 24 x 71 + 18 = 1,722.

That includes 60 prefabs too, so the actual mod total on ModHub is 1,662.

Console: 24 x 52 + 10 = 1,258.

Obviously this doesn't include mods on other websites (most of which aren't worth counting anyway though).
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:34 am Obviously this doesn't include mods on other websites (most of which aren't worth counting anyway though).
That's really a moronic comment to make, as there are plenty of mods on other websites, author's own pages that are well worth counting and downloading. Let's not fall into the discussion that only mods on the ModHub are worth downloading, because there are a fair few that have been tested and passed by Giants that contain some errors and problems (and despite bug reports being opened on these forums, never get fixed or updated). At the end of the day a Good Mod is a Good Mod wherever it is found and downloaded from. A Bad Mod is a Bad Mod wherever it is found and downloaded from.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

It's hardly moronic.

Most are garbage. Copies of mods, stolen mods, mods converted from FS2011 or FS2013. There are millions of the bloody things scattered across dozens of ad-ridden rehosting sites.

Of course there are plenty of good and great mods across the web and there are a few decent sites and teams hosting them, but they're vastly outnumbered by some absolute dross.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:55 am It's hardly moronic.

Most are garbage. Copies of mods, stolen mods, mods converted from FS2011 or FS2013. There are millions of the bloody things scattered across dozens of ad-ridden rehosting sites.

Of course there are plenty of good and great mods across the web and there are a few decent sites and teams hosting them, but they're vastly outnumbered by some absolute dross.
Hey there is another guy in another thread called “I got locked” you guys should get together and be snarky and hate free content together.
Sinclaircool

Post by Sinclaircool »

FSarndrone wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:59 pm :wink3: He used math.... or a calculator :shock:
Yep no math in farm Sim that person a boomer
Don't leak mods
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Mwal wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:04 pm Hey there is another guy in another thread called “I got locked” you guys should get together and be snarky and hate free content together.
I refuse to acknowledge much of the rubbish out there as proper mods. Taking other people's work without permission and publishing it as your own with little or no differences is not something I would call modding, free or otherwise. It's theft and not to be condoned, let alone supported.

As many know I've an awful lot of time for modders and genuine modding and have done hundreds of hours of testing for some of the most popular mods out there that you've probably enjoyed over the years, never mind the decade I had in assisting modders, moderating and helping to run what was probably the biggest independent FS site in the community (a site vastly bigger than GIANTS own site until the ModHub was brought in game).
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m not talking stolen mods, more so to the fact that you consistently refuse to acknowledge the mass of mods out on Facebook alone. Not only are these legitimate mods, I use close to 1500 of them in game that don’t come from the modhub, aren’t stolen, and all work together very well and give players like me the type of farming simulator experience we’re looking for. Your continued snubbing of this part of the community is annoying and your bloviating about what you have done to prove you are some foremost expert on mods and have the power to disrespect and disregard entire segments of the community makes you sound like a blowhard at best.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Gave, you are right and wrong. Right that there are a lot of stolen mods out the, but wrong saying all of them are. There are a ton of good and new mods on modders Facebook pages. Mgr created a new map that looks really good. Not all of custom modding mods make it to the modhub. I agree with you mwal.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

What is it with all the bickering on this forum these last days? The lockdown must really be getting to people. IMO this thread was started to appreciate the awesome work done by modders and Giants to continue to make this game better. Thanks to them, it has developed in ways that I never thought were possible. So I'll add my thanks!
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:30 pm What is it with all the bickering on this forum these last days? The lockdown must really be getting to people. IMO this thread was started to appreciate the awesome work done by modders and Giants to continue to make this game better. Thanks to them, it has developed in ways that I never thought were possible. So I'll add my thanks!
I reckon it's the lock down..
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Not everyone is on lockdown. Some people have to work every day still.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.