[PS4] Possible bug Straw Harvest?

iwan073

[PS4] Possible bug Straw Harvest?

Post by iwan073 »

Alright, I noticed something weird with the Straw Harvest add-on installed.

WITH the Straw Harvest installed the Khun SW 4014 (bale wrapper) behaves weird.
After wrapping a few bales the physics of the wrapper seem to be off. It behaves as if it’s mass is a lot more that it should be.
When you make a turn, the wrapper swings out and turns the tractor around as if the wrappers weight is enormous. When you stop, the wrapper continues to bounce from one wheel to the other for a while till it stops.

WITHOUT Straw Harvest activated the wrapper doesn’t seem to do this and behaves like it always has.

I’m using in-game grass bales. Not the ones from the Straw Harvest add-on.
Tractor is the in-game John Deere 6230 R with a JD 1150 front weight.
Map is Sussex Farm without seasons.

Can you guys check if you can reproduce this weird behavior?

So wrap a few grass bales and start driving around with the wrapper.

Last edited by iwan073 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ignorance is bliss
Stopdad1

Re: [PS4] Possible bug Straw Harvest?

Post by Stopdad1 »

I was having similar issues whenever I was pulling anything. It was behaving the same way while pulling trailers with in game trucks, and while using pellet maker driving with Jd. 8r. If I tried to turn it pushed me all over. I thought I was just driving to fast but it happened when I slowed down also. It is kinda like the physics are off worse than normal since the add on
JackarooBM

Post by JackarooBM »

Mmh, that is really strange, what mods are you using? Can you give me as much details on it as possible?
Is this reproducable somehow?
Creative Mesh, bm-modding and KRONE eSports
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

JackarooBM wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:27 pm Mmh, that is really strange, what mods are you using? Can you give me as much details on it as possible?
Is this reproducable somehow?
Alright, I’m trying to find out if it’s a conflict with another dlc/mod.

No mods or DLC’s = no problem
Only Straw Harvest = no problem

I’ll try turning on my mods and see what happens.

To be continued...
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

So weird.
I slowly turned on all my mods and DLC’s to see at what point the problem would reoccur.
But it doesn’t.

Now I’m on the original save game, with everything enabled and it just doesn’t happen anymore.
Ignorance is bliss
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

I noticed that months ago with the Ifor williams lm146 trailer.. (branded as lizard on console) it did it for a few day's but then stopped doing it all of a sudden and I never figured out why..never did it since so can't explain it ha
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'm on PC and have been experiencing an issue the last couple of weeks, on different save games, different mods, even had in multiplayer where like you describe suddenly a particular tool or implement loses it physics and just starts sliding and flapping about all over the place. Had it happen recently with a Windrower the big Krone Swadro one.

skip to 4 mins 54 seconds into the video to see the issue start to happen.

I've also experienced with the Potato Harvester, the self propelled driven one. I've also had a Combine Harvester do it whilst attempting to harvest a field, that one hurt as when the harvester started doing it's slip and slide it caused crop destruction.

I don't know what causes it, it seems to come and go at random. However it does to me seem to have started after the last update/dlc to the game. I know Giants have been messing around with the physics stuff starting back when the Claas DLC was released, maybe they did more for the Bourgault release, and have now broken something somewhere in the game code, that causes vehicles to randomly behave like they are dancing on ice.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

Not sure if this is related but I've had awful trouble trying to load pallet's of wool onto trailer's lately.some just go flying off the loader an end up in the next field..
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:41 am I'm on PC and have been experiencing an issue the last couple of weeks, on different save games, different mods, even had in multiplayer where like you describe suddenly a particular tool or implement loses it physics and just starts sliding and flapping about all over the place. Had it happen recently with a Windrower the big Krone Swadro one.

I've also experienced with the Potato Harvester, the self propelled driven one. I've also had a Combine Harvester do it whilst attempting to harvest a field, that one hurt as when the harvester started doing it's slip and slide it caused crop destruction.

I don't know what causes it, it seems to come and go at random. However it does to me seem to have started after the last update/dlc to the game. I know Giants have been messing around with the physics stuff starting back when the Claas DLC was released, maybe they did more for the Bourgault release, and have now broken something somewhere in the game code, that causes vehicles to randomly behave like they are dancing on ice.
. its not straw harvest I had that problem with the crone swadro way before straw harvest was announced! viewtopic.php?f=952&p=1268347#p1268347
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Rabbitbugs93 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:12 pm Not sure if this is related but I've had awful trouble trying to load pallet's of wool onto trailer's lately.some just go flying off the loader an end up in the next field..
I’ve seen YouTubers try to put bales on the bale shredder and they would fly off of it.
Guess that’s what you’ve been experiencing as well.

FSarndrone says he had weird stuff going on even before Straw Harvest. So it might not be related to this add-on.

I thought it might have because I never experienced anything like it before the last patch and add-on
Ignorance is bliss
Florish

Post by Florish »

Same here, nothing happend ever , but after de update/dlc. I put a trailer behind my 1455xl (just a bale trailer from the shop, empty) and the whole combination flipped and landed on its wheels luckely, didnt occur again after that...

Also, i putted a windrowe behind a 833 IH , wouldnt steer at all, after recoupling it did. Weird things happen indeed haha
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

This has to be a problem with the game because this has been happening to me since launch. Vehicles would just start randomly acting up, it was especially noticeable with the skid steers because of how fast they turn. It’s completely random, and it causes the skid steers to just completely flip out.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:56 pm
Rabbitbugs93 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:12 pm Not sure if this is related but I've had awful trouble trying to load pallet's of wool onto trailer's lately.some just go flying off the loader an end up in the next field..
I’ve seen YouTubers try to put bales on the bale shredder and they would fly off of it.
Guess that’s what you’ve been experiencing as well.

FSarndrone says he had weird stuff going on even before Straw Harvest. So it might not be related to this add-on.

I thought it might have because I never experienced anything like it before the last patch and add-on
Call me F.R.S its my nickname
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:41 am I'm on PC and have been experiencing an issue the last couple of weeks, on different save games, different mods, even had in multiplayer where like you describe suddenly a particular tool or implement loses it physics and just starts sliding and flapping about all over the place. Had it happen recently with a Windrower the big Krone Swadro one.

this post is just a ploy to get viewers :)
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

It's actually the newholland t6 that had the pto problem,it's since being removed from modhub..haven't heard about a case with that problem but I could be wrong..