[PS4] Possible bug Straw Harvest?

cwattyeso

Re: [PS4] Possible bug Straw Harvest?

Post by cwattyeso »

I actually saw a ModHub bug report about this very Case that I'm using, and I double checked it after recording my video, to confirm it's the same mod. I do notice with this Case Magnum when connecting to any tool or implement, that they seem to float behind the tractor, like the connector on the tool isn't actually connected to the connector on the tractor and when you zoom the camera in close you can actually see this is the case.

However that's getting off point, the fact is this weirdness with vehicles, tools, implements etc where they just suddenly start slipping and sliding about the place has been happening for several weeks, maybe months so is not a fault of the Straw Harvest Mod, it's a fault with the game. Especially as in my example I have used the windrower before without issues on other save. Mostly likely the next time I use it on this save it will probably work fine. Same with the Grimme Potato Harvester on my server, one night it literally could not harvester a field because it just wanted to slide and drift all over the place. We've since done several harvests with the same machine since and it's worked fine each time.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I had the same thing happen recently with a Claas Torion 639. It just wouldn't steer at all, heck, it barely stayed on the ground! Hit a pebble at walking pace, and you're floating a meter off the ground for 30 seconds! I restarted, and it was fine again.
JonAnderton

Post by JonAnderton »

Had a similar problem with an in game tedder... kept swinging left and right, and when folded up, you could see it wasn’t mounted on the rear arms and would swing about.... restarted the game, tried again and all was fine....

Also, some skid steers seem to slide around the place making them undrivable...
Florish

Post by Florish »

I havr the same with the skidsteers etc.

It seems that when the premos 5000 is in use (bales going in etc.) Everything starts to flip and go from left to right and bouncing etc. Some time after i stop the premos en fold it in, things act normal again (tried it twice)

Before the updatr/addon i never had any problems, sp i think it really has to do with one of those.

Nothingless to say that i love the addon, adds somuch more to do and roleplay on ps4
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
Stopdad1

Post by Stopdad1 »

That's what I have noticed to Florish not saying it is entirely straw harvest fault but I think it makes things a little buggier than vanilla game. I started two different maps, Welkers, and prezmos outback (not sure if spelled correctly). Before I bought promos 5000 on both saves everything was fine, after I bought it everything started acting wonky. I use the Claas Torion 639 and it bounced back and forth from front wheels to back wheels and wouldn't turn at all.

Like i said not saying it's entirely straw add ons fault but it does add strange things
Florish

Post by Florish »

Does anyone allready figured out a work around or something like that? Game is unplayable , it seems that the vehicle and equipment flipping is getting worse and worse. Also bale loading on the premos is a pain in the ... , sometimes it doesnt pick bales at all and says that they are not supported...
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I haven’t experienced that weird behavior anymore. Thank God.

Which bales aren’t accepted?

Question to you guys:
If Creative Mesh wants to update the Straw Harvest add-on, can they do it like any other mod? Or does it have to go through GIANTS via a game patch?
Ignorance is bliss
Florish

Post by Florish »

iwan073 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:13 am I haven’t experienced that weird behavior anymore. Thank God.

Question to you guys:
If Creative Mesh wants to update the Straw Harvest add-on, can they do it like any other mod? Or does it have to go through GIANTS via a game patch?
I use seasons, in spring now, so to test i bought 8 hay bales in the store. I cant get the game stable anymore, everything is wobly... ill try to sell the premos for now, maybe that helps.

I think the update depends on whether it is a mod fault or the patch which was needed for the addon.
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
eric21

Post by eric21 »

iwan073 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:13 am I haven’t experienced that weird behavior anymore. Thank God.

Question to you guys:
Via modhub
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

With seasons ps4 on old stream farm, the premos wouldnt pick up hay or syraw, only up to 5 % and it stops. And for straw, i had to drive at 3 kmt for it to pick up straw at all, is this a familiar bug?
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Make sure u have a powerful tractor
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Oké...

Was baling grass with the Straw Harvest baler on Sussex Farm, when all of a sudden I was standing somewhere on the map, with my tractor nowhere to be found.

I did find the baler, which was in the middle of a roundabout... underground.

Tractor still gone. Can’t find it.

Not using Seasons
Ignorance is bliss
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

iwan073 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:09 am Oké...

Was baling grass with the Straw Harvest baler on Sussex Farm, when all of a sudden I was standing somewhere on the map, with my tractor nowhere to be found.

I did find the baler, which was in the middle of a roundabout... underground.

Tractor still gone. Can’t find it.

Not using Seasons
This sounds like the previous baling bug. That was finally identified to be caused by selling bales at the barn then starting baling again after, would trigger the "don't drive too deep in to the water" message then your tractor and baler would disappear. The original bug was fixed in one of the earlier patches though but could be that the straw harvest has a similar issue?
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I didn’t get the water message.

Hope it gets fixed 😄
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Just ‘heard’ from Jackaroo on Discord that GIANTS is working on this baler bug.
Ignorance is bliss