3rd fertilization

Coolwheeler

3rd fertilization

Post by Coolwheeler »

Hi.
How do you fertilize for the 3rd time to get full yield?
Im currently on 1 so I only need to fertilize as I'm sowing, but I've been doing it a 2nd time spreading manure after harvesting, just since its fun.
Im thinking about swithcing to 3 since I'm already doing it twice, but I can never figure out how to fertilze the 3rd time.
I do it once before sowing, once while sowing, I cant get the next one(beginning growing, while growing, etc.).
Thanx
Arrancar88

Re: 3rd fertilization

Post by Arrancar88 »

in FS 19 you have to fertilize your field 2 times for full yield.
3rd fertilization was an option in FS17.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You need to use a fertilizer spreader or sprayer. Although as stated above fertilizing for a third time is only required when using the seasons mod.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, if you do slurry/manure afther harvest for first level, and work that in with a cultivator or plow, then use a seeder/planter that also applies fertilizer you're on level 2, and get 3rd level by spraying the crops during the first couple of growth stages.

If you don't have a seeder/planter that adds fertilizer, you can spread fertilizer on the field afther working in the slurry/manure, and then spray as above
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

You can use solid, liquid, manure or slurry.....or a mix of all 3!

This is how I do mine, all solid fert:
1) Apply after harvest.
2)Cultivate/plow. Apply second fert.
3)Sow. Immediately after, apply 3rd fert.

You're good to go all season!
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
Nebraska Heartland

Post by Nebraska Heartland »

No with Seasons on FS19 it is 3 Fertilization states. I honestly like to digestate/ liquid or solid Manure for my 1st state, you don’t need to till it under if you’re planter or seeder can plant without working the ground 1st. That will give you your 2nd Fert State. Now pending on how many season days you have set, I normally set 9 days. Wait until the crop changes from the yellow planted State to the 1st stage growing. The field should still be barren. Then fertilize however you would like for the 3rd state. Once the crop pops up onto the next stage I will spray Herbicide. Another way for the 1st stage fertilization is use a spreader and spread Fertilizer and disk it under as mentioned. Just depends on the resources you have at hand.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

There are all kinds of ways to do it. Even if you only want to use one type of fertiliser its still pretty easy. You just need to do something between the stages;

Fertilize, Plough, Fertilize, Lime, Fertilize, cultivate, sow/drill.

If your field doesn't need ploughing or lime then;
Fertilize, cultivate, fertilize, sow/drill, fertilize
I don't generally use drills (seeders and planters) that don't require pre-cultivation as that extra step can be useful, but only of you want everything done before you get seed into the soil. I don't think it's very authentic, and it you may not necessarily have time during seasons (if you're trying to squeeze in a second planting immediately after harvest, for example).
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

Especially with Seasons, I like to use cover crops. They add another fert stage too. So for example:

1. Manure after harvest
2. Plant cover crop and then cultivate/plow it in after winter
3. Add digestate/slurry after planting

That way you can also do it all organic *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I've recently found playing on my Multiplayer Server that if I Slurry or Digestate Spread a field after Harvest I get 1st Stage Fertiliser. If I then go over the field with the Regular Solid Fertiliser or Liquid Fertiliser I get the 2nd Stage Fertilisation applied. I can then Plough or Cultivate the field, and then when I seed I get the 3rd Stage of Fertiliser Applied. This has actually cut a stage and saved me a huge amount of time. Before you had to harvest, fertilise, plough, fertilise, cultivate and seed to get the same effect. Now I can just do harvest, slurry, fertilise, plough and seed to get the same effect.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

i do one thing after soybeans (grow mostly corn and beans)

Drill cover crops with a fertilizer/seed drill = 1 stage
Till in the cover crop after winter = 2nd stage
Plant and apply solid/liquid fertilizer with the planter = 3rd stage

Saves me one pass and hours on my fields. I must find a way to make a cover crop practicable after corn. We will see...
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

RunsLikeADeere wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:31 pm i do one thing after soybeans (grow mostly corn and beans)

Drill cover crops with a fertilizer/seed drill = 1 stage
Till in the cover crop after winter = 2nd stage
Plant and apply solid/liquid fertilizer with the planter = 3rd stage

Saves me one pass and hours on my fields. I must find a way to make a cover crop practicable after corn. We will see...
drill the cover crops with fertilizer for 1 stage

then plow the cover crop, gets the second stage and the plowing done after corn.

then sow with fertilizer for the 3rd
crash

Post by crash »

i apply manure/solid fetiliser before seeding, then i always usa a combi seeder to get the second stage... Then i put on solid ferteliser with a spreader on first growth stage. I play with plowing and lime off, put i start every field i buy with it anyways, Havent looked into if its doing a difference. But i makes the pda look nice an clean :lol:
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway