Why no numberplates on vehicles

adammac5858

Re: Why no numberplates on vehicles

Post by adammac5858 »

If you put a plate on your tractor, how you gonna make a clean getaway? Just leave it off.

Like a ghost in the night!
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

In the UK, farm trailers (farm specific tipper trailers, and other trailed appliances) only need one number plate of a tractor registered to that farm, and they can be used with ALL tractors of that farm, it is one of the few vehicles combinations in the UK that can have different number plates on the trailer to that of the towing vehicle, provided the towing vehicle is an agricultural tractor and the registration numbers correspond to the same farm.

contractors supplying tractors to tow trailers etc of said farm, would have to have matching number plates to the tractor.

also number plates on farm trailers need not be on the rear, they can instead be mounted on both the LEFT AND RIGHT rear sides, another oddity in UK law that is farming specific.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

iwan073 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:08 am Some Americans throw the game out of the window just because their favorite tractor has EU warning signs on it.

Imagine what would happen if it has the wrong number plate on there as well!

Edit:
Bryan83 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:05 am Because there's already a ruckus over the red abs white striped signs, Giants didn't want to give us something else to fight about.
Exactly! Didn’t read your post until I posted mine
I know right ?

I took the plunge & used the JD with the wrong sized headlights & been in therapy ever since.

As for number plates ? It's even worse, I play uk maps , but I have a tractor with a French plate ..... FS 19 has become totally un-playable
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Barrcott wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:09 am I know right ?

I took the plunge & used the JD with the wrong sized headlights & been in therapy ever since.

As for number plates ? It's even worse, I play uk maps , but I have a tractor with a French plate ..... FS 19 has become totally un-playable
😄
Ignorance is bliss