Free DLCs for Stadia

osmoses

Free DLCs for Stadia

Post by osmoses »

Is there any chance that Stadia users will eventually get access to the Free DLC like Holmer or Straw Harvest? They have the PAID DLC in the Stadia store but would love to have the Holmer and Straw Harvest DLCs.
FarmCatJenkins

Re: Free DLCs for Stadia

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Not sure about Holmer but the Straw Harvest is an add on that is just downloaded from the Modhub.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

From a console-standpoint they are not more than any other mod. They use modspace. On PC the can be edited unlike a DLC. I asked a few times (first time back in 2018 as the first Giants Mods came out and 2nd time when that Estancia-Map came out as a mod (with hilarious 600 mb or so) which was part of the commercial work from Giants as it should be part of the game. Why not make those Mods part of the game? They where not ready at the point of release I guess but it could be added afterwards. there where plenty of opportunities...
PS4 und PC
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Not really as consoles are limited
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

osmoses wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:23 am Is there any chance that Stadia users will eventually get access to the Free DLC like Holmer or Straw Harvest? They have the PAID DLC in the Stadia store but would love to have the Holmer and Straw Harvest DLCs.
In a word, no. Stadia doesn't support mods, and while Straw Harvest DLC was a DLC for FS17 (hence the "DLC" in the name) it's a mere mod in FS19.

That's not to say mods won't be available in the future, but currently Google doesn't support them.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Oh - I mean there where plenty of opportunities for Giants to add those mods into the game as standard or as a dlc... It could be done with every update I guess.
PS4 und PC
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Stadia????

Why on earth are you using that for?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

osmoses wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:23 am Is there any chance that Stadia users will eventually get access to the Free DLC like Holmer or Straw Harvest? They have the PAID DLC in the Stadia store but would love to have the Holmer and Straw Harvest DLCs.
At the Moment, Stadia itself doesn't support mods. Both of the examples you mentioned are mods. Once Stadia has mod support, we'll be looking into getting the ModHub going for FS19 on Stadia.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

BreadedVirus wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:27 pm Stadia????

Why on earth are you using that for?
That’s what I’m thinking
Ignorance is bliss
osmoses

Post by osmoses »

Why use Stadia, because I like it. I like this game for casual play with my wife and son, without needing the computers that could run it decently.

Yes, Stadia/Farming Simulator does support mods (at least underneath), or the Gator and Mahindra mods that come with it would not work, not to mention the paid addons like the John Deere cotton pack (that I bought)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Those are dlc not mods. It is different.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.