Help using multiple harvestors

Dagrump

Help using multiple harvestors

Post by Dagrump »

I am now working on Nebraska Land USA that has a lot of big fields and is a good place to harvest with multiple harvesters. I have pretty much always used the AI Vehicle Extention mod and it was easy to get 2 harvesters convoying. But lately the spots of withered crops in the field really mess up the AIVE to a point I have stopped using it.

Today I harvested a 190 acre field using two harvesters controlled by course play. Once the headland turns were completed I let the first unit continue on to the up/back portion and moved the second unit half way down the field and stated it on the up/back segment. Not a great way but one that did work. I tried to convoy the harvesters but could not really get follow me to work.

How does everybody else harvest with multiple harvesters?
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Farmercaseih

Re: Help using multiple harvestors

Post by Farmercaseih »

I use follow me and it works fine. Just set the correct offset.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

well, if you're using cp, just set it up fpr multi-tool use, and convoy. Have had 3 run just fine that way
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Farmercaseih wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:25 pm I use follow me and it works fine. Just set the correct offset.
I have not done anything more than transporting two or three vehicles etc with Follow Me but I did try to set-up the second combine to follow and it did - on the wrong side. So I was not sure exactly what happened there. I could not see a right side/ left side choice so I did not pursue it further. I will give it another shot. Thanks Farmercaseih. I have done service calls in their CaseIH Racine Wisconsin foundry. Many years ago ...
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Adjust it smaller then it will change over
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Noraf wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:00 pm well, if you're using cp, just set it up fpr multi-tool use, and convoy. Have had 3 run just fine that way
Thanks for the tip! I wondered what the multi-tool feature was about. I will give that a try.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Multi-tool in courseplay is the easiest way of doing this.

I do not recommand to mix it with "mode 2 (combine unloading) tho...it will create a big mess (accident)
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

That's actually the only time i got chasers working, with multiple harvesters. Have had a lot of problems with that with only one combine....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Funny! In fact, kind of "normal" since Mode2 use the "old FS17" code and will make some strange behaviours.

Only time I tried it with 2 harvester, I had to replace all my tractors and trucks...because they made a big crash with my harvester and was good for scrap yard :-)
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Thanks Noraf for your the CP info. I messed around with it this morning and got my two combines to play together on my field. Somehow though on the second field they played chicken and had a head on collision. :confusednew:

Here is a screen shot of my first successful run. Had some strange looking cuts in the field before I figured it out.