Vehicle Control Addon

j_maybury

Re: Vehicle Control Addon

Post by j_maybury »

I wish there was some sort of list of what mods work with this mod and what mods don't, for instance the mod it's self is called Vehicle Control Add-on, so which Vehicle Control mod is it actually adding on to, if any?
There are just too many mods that are partly doing the same job, We need to work out which to keep and which to throw away.

Another thing , Do we need the GPS mod any longer or is this supposed to work with it, I wish all this kind of stuff was in the mod loading text to begin with.
And can someone tell me what the red circle with the red letter A is for at the top of the speedo.
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

j_maybury wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:34 pm the mod it's self is called Vehicle Control Add-on, so which Vehicle Control mod is it actually adding on to, if any?
My understanding is it just adds to vehicle controls in the game generally, not to any mod.

j_maybury wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:34 pm I wish there was some sort of list of what mods work with this mod and what mods don't
The only conflict I had was with Enhanced Vehicle mod. But there you really have to give a hat tip to the modder for recognising this conflict and putting a little pop-up text warning the player about it. Anyway, it's simple to bypass it, simply by turning off the shuttle option.

Having said that, I didn't use GPS before, so I can't comment on that.

j_maybury wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:34 pm
And can someone tell me what the red circle with the red letter A is for at the top of the speedo.
I'm curious about that as well.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

It is the automatic parking brake. If you hold down the brake for a few seconds it will engage.
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

Thanks!
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:00 pm
The only conflict I had was with Enhanced Vehicle mod. But there you really have to give a hat tip to the modder for recognising this conflict and putting a little pop-up text warning the player about it. Anyway, it's simple to bypass it, simply by turning off the shuttle option.
Thanks for the update pumpkinpatch and Farmercaseih.
The Enhanced Vehicle mod I think that's the one that is still in beta similar to Courseplay, not yet on the modhub? But I don't have that one anyway even though it is one of my favourite mods.
I have just discovered that when I turn shuttle off it actually turns the shuttle function on and vice versa. I have been trying to stop it from shuttling for two days now, just by chance I thought if shuttle is already switched off, what would happen if I switched it back on?
Well it did the trick, I still have no idea why but at least I can enjoy the game once again, so thanks for that pumpkinpatch it did the trick, not as it supposed to but a win is a win in this case.
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

Yeah, Enhanced Vehicle isn't on modhub. Don't know if the modder is planning to submit it. I mostly just use it because it shows you the weight of the tractor&implements :wink3:

I certainly didn't have that problem with the shuttle setting. That sounds pretty odd. Glad you managed to figure it out though!
RYfuss

Post by RYfuss »

There is a problem with the drives. In most vehicles, FWD is enabled by default and it is not possible to switch to RWD. This is especially frustrating with tractors. It would be nice if such an option was added in the future
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Can't you reverse the axles in the menu? And just turn on 4wd if it is an issue
simbman

Post by simbman »

the addon is great. Just started to use it will post videos soon on SimBman youtube channel

a question: I'm not using the GPS yet as I'm doing retro farming. Is there a way to disable the HUD heading display? I would like to see the gear and speed only

awesome mod!
drewCZ

Post by drewCZ »

simbman wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:07 am a question: I'm not using the GPS yet as I'm doing retro farming. Is there a way to disable the HUD heading display?
LAlt + W
Ticho aka DrewCZ
FS2013 24/7 dedisrv 'Posledni JZD', MRmods | down 2016=R.I.P.
FS15 | more than a year of pain
FS17 dedi srv, multiplayer+MR !Forever! | Thanks old pal, but moved to 19
FS19 Seasons+GEO+VCA+REA+Cam+Mass+MaizePlus | 6th ingame Year | we are still WORKS in MP!
FS22 - MP moved! Real map+Industries+Relight, Hard Level, Definitely profitable w/ modern machinery