Vehicle Control Addon

j_maybury

Re: Vehicle Control Addon

Post by j_maybury »

Are there some mod that have to be uninstalled to get this to work, as I am getting nothing when I left Ctrl + C to bring up the menu.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Probably those tow bars, but besides those we would need your log file to see, if there are some mod conflicts.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

You might have a key binding error as well. I couldn't get there ic controls to work at first until I fixed the key binding.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Thanks lads I'll look through them.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I changed the IC control to CTRL+space so I could keep the shuttle as the spacebar.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:00 pm You might have a key binding error as well. I couldn't get there ic controls to work at first until I fixed the key binding.
I deleted the imputbindingxml and started the game so it could generate a new one.

If i want to attach or detach an implemet, i have to turn the shuttle control option on and off each time to attach or detach implements.

Plus each time i load up a game, the mod seems to be resetting itself to the default settings
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Just put a map and the Vehicle Control Addon in a folder (with no other mods) and fired up the game.

It still will not let me attach detach equipment without turning shuttle on and off repeatably, so i am thinking maybe it is a mod issue?

log file attached
Attachments
log.txt
(37.32 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
sm5gfy

Post by sm5gfy »

I'm using this mod all the time. Thank you Mowgli!

I do have a problem when using the reverse view together with TrackIR. Yes it may be odd but I find it more comfortable to use the reverse camera when attaching a trailer, reversing with trailer etc.

On most of the in-game tractors the camera moves forward in reverse mode. It is like sitting on the bonnet looking in through the windscreen. On a few tractors, e.g. Stara 180 and Valtra S, the camera stays above the seat in reverse view. Many modded tractors but not all also works as intended even those that are based on in-game tractors.
I have tried to pinpoint the problem but not succeeded so far. If anyone could help by shedding light on how the position of the camera is defined I would be grateful.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

It was a key binding issue for me. I reset the controls on the in game menu and it is now working.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Glad it works for you.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

I spent the obligatory hour getting the mod all figured out and getting used to it this evening. It really does seem to be an excellent mod and a real game changer. A working transmission! Crazy!

I'm really enjoying setting everything to manual with old tractors. The low brake force didn't seem to work for me, but it seems to work really well with the Less Engine Brake Force mod, so that you can press the clutch and freely roll down a hill.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

For the ones who using "automatic" transmission, do you sometimes have issue with tractor who doesn't want to shift ?

I have to stop completly and start again, than speed will change. It happens pretty often.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:39 pm For the ones who using "automatic" transmission, do you sometimes have issue with tractor who doesn't want to shift ?

I have to stop completly and start again, than speed will change. It happens pretty often.
I think something like that happened to me when I was first trying stuff out. Not sure how I resolved it in the end. I think it was something to do with the clutch settings. Maybe double check the key binding for the clutch and make sure it's set to automatic clutch? Some of the transmissions also seemed to work better than others. The 4x4 and 4x4 power shift definitely work well for me.
Pict

Post by Pict »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:00 pm It was a key binding issue for me. I reset the controls on the in game menu and it is now working.
KeyBindings can be a bind :biggrin2: Good to see you figured out what was causing the issue.

That said you may want to let him know, that is if you are the "BreadedVirus" who opened the issue on his Github? https://github.com/Mogli12/VehicleContr ... issues/336 as he has replied to you.

:hi:
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Pict wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:36 pm
BreadedVirus wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:00 pm It was a key binding issue for me. I reset the controls on the in game menu and it is now working.
KeyBindings can be a bind :biggrin2: Good to see you figured out what was causing the issue.

That said you may want to let him know, that is if you are the "BreadedVirus" who opened the issue on his Github? https://github.com/Mogli12/VehicleContr ... issues/336 as he has replied to you.

:hi:
👍

Yes I let him know it was an issue my end. 💪