Vehicle Control Addon

Mkrieg333

Vehicle Control Addon

Post by Mkrieg333 »

I would like to thank Mogli for the great mod. It brings an awesome and functional gearbox, wich is something that I think is missing in FS19, but not only that, it has many other really helpful stuff :biggrin2: .

Also, if anyone is having any kind of issue with the gear changing hotkey, try checking your keyboard controls configuration and look for any other mods wich use the same hotkey. For me it was Courseplay, I was going mad about it :lol: .
humbe

Re: Vehicle Control Addon

Post by humbe »

Saw your post and decided to test it out.. Looks pretty awesome.. The reduced steering sensitivity at higher speed is awesome. The functionality for peeking left and right is awesome. I put them on my paddles behind wheel so I can peek left and right before crossing train tracks.. I guess I can remove the mod I use to stop the train now. :).. Moving camera with turning wheel sounds great. Feels strange now that it's new but I'm guessing I'll get used to it. Peeking back when reversing is also great. Now I can actually reverse and connect a trailer without having to use outside view.

If only I had a decent gear shift on my wheel.. I only have an automatic type gear shift that can only move forwards and backwards.. That mod gave me a lot of questions though..

- Is there some way I can make it setup gears so I can use my simple gear stick shift, such that reverse is at the bottom, and then 1, 2, 3, ... above it? Seems I still either have use a key to switch between forwards and backwards.

- Is there some list of what gear box settings is most appropriate for the various tractors? Having this mod in base game with forced gearbox would be an awesome way to make newer tractors easier to drive than older ones. :)

- Will the tractor actually be stronger in lower gears? Or is it just something to fake sound and effects, but the game calculates strength merely based on your speed and hp?

-
Mkrieg333

Post by Mkrieg333 »

humbe wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:41 pm
- Is there some way I can make it setup gears so I can use my simple gear stick shift, such that reverse is at the bottom, and then 1, 2, 3, ... above it? Seems I still either have use a key to switch between forwards and backwards.

- Is there some list of what gear box settings is most appropriate for the various tractors? Having this mod in base game with forced gearbox would be an awesome way to make newer tractors easier to drive than older ones. :)

- Will the tractor actually be stronger in lower gears? Or is it just something to fake sound and effects, but the game calculates strength merely based on your speed and hp?

-
-There is a setting for you to create your own gear, that might help you for the first point.

-I think the best way to find out is actually looking at brand websites, since they put a lot of info about their equipments :biggrin2:

-I also wanted to know about the power in the lower gears, might have to do some testing there. :hmm:
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

I was trying it out last night and I found I had to change to a lower gear to make it up a hill whilst power harrowing, it actually stalled the engine and I had to restart it. I googled the transmission specs of a New Holland 8340 and mimicked the setup with my G29 shifter.

Gears 1-4 as normal and positions 5 and 6 shift through the L M H ranges. So much fun, I also disabled the auto clutch so I had to depress the pedal whilst shifting or it made a nasty grinding gear sound.

Great mod!
Pict

Post by Pict »

Mkrieg333 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:37 pm I would like to thank Mogli for the great mod. It brings an awesome and functional gearbox, wich is something that I think is missing in FS19, but not only that, it has many other really helpful stuff :biggrin2: .

Also, if anyone is having any kind of issue with the gear changing hotkey, try checking your keyboard controls configuration and look for any other mods wich use the same hotkey. For me it was Courseplay, I was going mad about it :lol: .
Yes it's a great mod *thumbsup* , I've been using it for sometime now as he has had it up on https://github.com/Mogli12/VehicleControlAddon for quite a while. He does some other excellent stuff like AI Extention https://github.com/Mogli12/AIVehicleExtension & Unfinished Bales https://github.com/Mogli12/UnfinishedBales

I was intending to make a thread about it and post the link for a while as I really have gotten into it and see it as an essential mod now. Good to see it's up on the modhub now.

It's really flexible and when you spend a bit of time playing around with it and tweaking stuff there are some good options to try out. Like the option to choose the reverse ratio as a single gear or particular range if your in using 4 gears with 4 ranges gearbox. Really cool.

I don't use any of the view features as I do all my looking around either with the mouse or Track IR. I haven't gotten around to testing my G25 on it yet, but I'm looking forward to that.

Other really nice feature I like is the speed hold and how it works. I set this to the q button on my qwerty keyboard for ease of access and find it's better than any of the cruise controls I used. It's really great for driving next to a forage harvester. Add AI extension and put the forage harvester on that and it's all working very well together for my style of gameplay.

Also, (I could go on and on as there is so much to like about this mod), I like the way you can freewheel for some distance as opposed the Giants brakes on hard all the time driving style. It's cool when you're not on the brake and the whole rig start to roll down hill on it's own. Oh, worth noting parking brake is applied when you hold the brake key for a short time.

The inputBinding.xml is often a source of problems like the clash you mentioned and even slow down of framerates and loading times. So it's a good idea from time to time to open it and prune out bindings left over from mods you no longer use.

Even better to simply delete it altogether as the game will build a new one at the next run. I did this recently and it sorted many problems that I couldn't find a solution too.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:28 am Gears 1-4 as normal and positions 5 and 6 shift through the L M H ranges. So much fun, I also disabled the auto clutch so I had to depress the pedal whilst shifting or it made a nasty grinding gear sound.
Sadly I don't have a real switcher, nor a clutch.. I seem to make a horrible sound every time I change gear even with automatic clutch set to on. I don't know much about tractor transmissions though, so I'm a bit flustered with all the options. Hard to understand what exactly they do and how to properly set it up. Also, I guess I don't really want it like in real life, due to not having real life controls to control it.. Need to find some middle ground as to what isn't too annoying with what I've got to use the transmission.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Has anyone done a how to video on this mod ?
Pict

Post by Pict »

humbe wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:56 pm I seem to make a horrible sound every time I change gear even with automatic clutch set to on.
That's the turbo blow off (or something like that) setting, It's set at 50% volume by default, but you can run it down to zero. I'm not a big fan of this sound effect either and it would be nice if it could be set to zero by default.

It takes a little bit of time to get into it and find the set up that suits you, but when you do it's well worth the short learning curve.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Thanks.. Reducing volume of that turbo blow off was a good thing :)..
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Pict wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:15 am
Mkrieg333 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:37 pm I would like to thank Mogli for the great mod. It brings an awesome and functional gearbox, wich is something that I think is missing in FS19, but not only that, it has many other really helpful stuff :biggrin2: .

Yes it's a great mod *thumbsup* , I've been using it for sometime now as he has had it up on https://github.com/Mogli12/VehicleControlAddon for quite a while. He does some other excellent stuff like AI Extention https://github.com/Mogli12/AIVehicleExtension & Unfinished Bales https://github.com/Mogli12/UnfinishedBales

I was intending to make a thread about it and post the link for a while as I really have gotten into it and see it as an essential mod now. Good to see it's up on the modhub now.

It's really flexible and when you spend a bit of time playing around with it and tweaking stuff there are some good options to try out. Like the option to choose the reverse ratio as a single gear or particular range if your in using 4 gears with 4 ranges gearbox. Really cool.

I don't use any of the view features as I do all my looking around either with the mouse or Track IR. I haven't gotten around to testing my G25 on it yet, but I'm looking forward to that.

Other really nice feature I like is the speed hold and how it works. I set this to the q button on my qwerty keyboard for ease of access and find it's better than any of the cruise controls I used. It's really great for driving next to a forage harvester. Add AI extension and put the forage harvester on that and it's all working very well together for my style of gameplay.

Also, (I could go on and on as there is so much to like about this mod), I like the way you can freewheel for some distance as opposed the Giants brakes on hard all the time driving style. It's cool when you're not on the brake and the whole rig start to roll down hill on it's own. Oh, worth noting parking brake is applied when you hold the brake key for a short time.

The inputBinding.xml is often a source of problems like the clash you mentioned and even slow down of framerates and loading times. So it's a good idea from time to time to open it and prune out bindings left over from mods you no longer use.

Even better to simply delete it altogether as the game will build a new one at the next run. I did this recently and it sorted many problems that I couldn't find a solution too.
Absolutely loving this mod. Got a few things to work on, but so far so so good.

Not been too keen on using FS with my racing rig, but will give that a go over the weekend.

And thanks for the tip on the imputbindings xml. I will delete it next time I fire it up.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

It’s also got a GPS/Guidance steering mode as well. Found out by accident last night playing around with the settings.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:42 am It’s also got a GPS/Guidance steering mode as well. Found out by accident last night playing around with the settings.
How do you activate those?
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

I’m not at my pc until tonight but I’ll work out what I did and post it, I use the mode where it drives at a preset bearing and there was an option to show the lines.

When I turned around, the marker was there where I needed to drive, it also detected the width of the harrow I was using.
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

j_maybury wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:34 pm Has anyone done a how to video on this mod ?
This one seems pretty good. It's almost a year old though, so probably somewhat outdated. There's another one by AgrarPlay that's only 3 months old, but it's in German. If you understand German, it should be easy to find.

I'm really interested to try this mod out. It does look a little complicated though. I currently only have about an hour or so to play in the evenings, so I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and sacrifice an evening of farming to test it and get it set up. Thanks to everyone for all the advice in this thread on how to set it up.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:19 am I’m not at my pc until tonight but I’ll work out what I did and post it, I use the mode where it drives at a preset bearing and there was an option to show the lines.

When I turned around, the marker was there where I needed to drive, it also detected the width of the harrow I was using.
Figured it out. The mod automatically configures the width of the attached piece of equipment and all you have to do is do the offset (if needed) then press left Ctrl and W at the same time activates the GPS