Licenses (new brands in game)

IceUul

Licenses (new brands in game)

Post by IceUul »

I am not sure how many of you have noticed, but Giants have acquired lot of equipment licenses recently.
I am talking about these licenses, what allow the mods/equipment to be released on consoles.

We already know the brands what are part of the DLCs, main game and add-ons, but what about other mods?
The brands what you can't find inside the game, but as mods, before these mods were not available on consoles,
but now the things have changed and lot of new brands are coming to consoles.

Side note: All mods released on consoles, what has brand name, need to be licensed, otherwise they are not allowed by
Microsoft/Sony policy. If giants have license for brand, then any machinery can be released under this brand name
as mod.

I am going to list some of them here:
FAHR
SIP
Cressoni
Reschke
Dangreville
Gallignani
Marshall
Johnston Brothers Engineering
Trentsysteme
TopliftStaja
Bremer
Rauch
Saphir
Gorenc
Bressel und Lade
Demmler
Hawe
Hitachi
Hauer
Dondi
Gilibert
Bailey
Kaweco
SynTrac
Rudolph & Sohn
Vaschieri
Valzelli
Tuchel Maschinenbau GmbH
Hermann Paus GmbH
Bruns
Yanmar
Benalu
Schlüter
Farmet
WeberMT
Fella

All these brands are not part of FS17/FS19 and not made as mods by Giants Software. Some of them might be acquired
a long time ago, but most of them in this list came to consoles recently.

Am I missing some news? But how is that possible to get so many new brand licenses in so short time?
Lot of other farming game developers have hard time getting licensed machinery into they games (not making examples here,
but look under farming in steam store), they are even loosing licenses and need to rename they machinery back to made up brands
like Hammer and Lizard. Is there so many manufacturers wants to join FS, but Giants is tired of making the mods and
now let the modders get licenses?

Would it be nice to have full list of licenses what Giants have?
eric21

Re: Licenses (new brands in game)

Post by eric21 »

Marshall been in the game since fs13 as a dlc

In terms of outside brands all parties have to agree in the case of some the Irish equipment in fs17 they had to ask the manufactuer. Some modders have contacts within the manuafactuers and some manufacturers are associated with ingame brands
JamesDolan2008

Post by JamesDolan2008 »

:this: I myself would like to see some new brands in the next game or even as a pack or a mod in Farming Simulator 19. I am Irish myself so I would like to see some Irish and English machinery in the game, but I would like to see some more old machinery.
Here is my list.
1. Machale.
2. JCB.[ more JCB equipment.]
3. Old ZETOR tractors. [7245,7211,5911.]
4. Scania lorrys.
5. Tanco.
6. Bailey trailers.
7. Krone. [more equipment.]
8. Hitachi.
9. Kevernland.
10. Keenen.
11. I for Williams.

It would be nice to see a list of the licences Giants Software has?
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

FAHR: Name owned by SDF group like Deutz Fahr
Marshall: Was already in game in older editions
Rauch: Brand owned by Kuhn, Kuhn spreaders are rebranded Rauch ones
Bressel und Lade: Creative Mesh did get license for this
Hauer: Mods made by Giants and licensed
SynTrac: modder worked together with Syntrac and get license
Schlüter: was already in game in older editions
Fella: VertexDezign worked together with Fella, Fella is owned by Agco

Lot of other brands are pc only, and Giants does not have license for it. When available on consoles, there is a license.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Good work putting the list together.

GIANTS will never provide such a list - I wouldn't expect any company to do so. The only way for a modder to know is for them to ask GIANTS "can I put x brand on console?".

Anyway it's worth noting there could be several reasons why non-licensed equipment can be found on consoles.

* The modder(s) have acquired the license themselves or the brand has agreed with GIANTS, as the brand itself is happy to have their equipment in game. Smaller brands are likely to be especially keen on this as it grants them international exposure (albeit to a limited audience) for free. Examples are known to include the SynTrac or the Bobcat in FS17. Bigger or more established brands would want more control over featured models, line-up and quality. Bigger brands are also much more likely to have complex and historical limitations through numerous mergers and buy-outs.

* The brand falls under another or as part of the same group. For example lets say that GIANTS hold a license with the SDF Group rather than Deutz-Fahr directly - that would also allow Fahr branded equipment. This might not be the case for other brands (eg in theory perhaps the Rostselmash license doesn't cover Versatile).

* The modder has gotten around the issue by branding it something else, then having an shop option in game (I presume it's that simple). See Smety's New Holland Ford. Ford themselves are unlikely to grant a license and New Holland are won't have any long-term rights to the Ford name - hence why we have no direct Fords on console. Granted if Ford got involved then I could imagine that mod would go missing very quickly, but at the moment GIANTS seem to be content with it.

PS, I hate exclusivity in games and both GIANTS and Horsch went downhill in my opinion after Horsch were removed from the other game. If GIANTS felt threatened by the other game then they needed to up their own game rather than just trying to kill it with some apparently backhanded tactics. It's a tactic itself that could come back to haunt GIANTS if a big studio ever sees it a worthwhile avenue, as if one of the big boys gets involved then those big-name brands might jump ship sharpish if a big wad of cash is dangled in front of them.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

My list is not full, these are brands i have noticed that have license included, some of them were indeed before in FS series.
I can see the brands in vanilla game, inside DLC-s, Giants Software made mods and so on. But then i will see what brands are included as console
mods and see what of them are real. Every brand have webpage and possibility to check them out. I do not have older FS series than FS17, so not
possible to check what was there and there are no list of machinery out there anymore.

I have not heard about this Horsch thing, but what i read on one rival farming game webpage:
We’re in the process of converting the three Strautmann vehicles to our in-house brand “Hammer”
The reason for that is the expiration of our license with the manufacturer Strautmann at the end of the month. We put a lot of effort into negotiating a renewal of said license agreement, however an extension has not been possible at this point in time due to duration terms and exclusivity clauses with other companies.

By other companies... :hmm:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

IceUul wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 pm My list is not full, these are brands i have noticed that have license included, some of them were indeed before in FS series.
I can see the brands in vanilla game, inside DLC-s, Giants Software made mods and so on. But then i will see what brands are included as console
mods and see what of them are real. Every brand have webpage and possibility to check them out. I do not have older FS series than FS17, so not
possible to check what was there and there are no list of machinery out there anymore.

I have not heard about this Horsch thing, but what i read on one rival farming game webpage:
We’re in the process of converting the three Strautmann vehicles to our in-house brand “Hammer”
The reason for that is the expiration of our license with the manufacturer Strautmann at the end of the month. We put a lot of effort into negotiating a renewal of said license agreement, however an extension has not been possible at this point in time due to duration terms and exclusivity clauses with other companies.

By other companies... :hmm:
You can still check the website for older games which had equipment
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

IceUul wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 pm I have not heard about this Horsch thing, but what i read on one rival farming game webpage:
I won't link it for obvious reasons, but a search will show you the sources.

This was in 2017.
A few days ago we received information that the manufacturing company Horsch teamed up with another farming game’s producer for an exclusive cooperation for the agricultural trade show Agritechnica.

As part of this, Horsch cancels the collaboration with all other agricultural gaming companies. Therefore, we are obligated to remove all products and parts of the brand such as logos etc. and are not allowed to use any vehicles that we have built any longer.

This circumstance unfortunately prevents us from delivering the seeding feature with the next update. Given this, we’ve decided to integrate the slurry tank wagon Stapel VT 18000 and make it available to you in the course of the week.

We are in the process of building a new seed drill, which we’ll deliver as part of the seeding update as soon as it’s finished. No worries, we will keep you posted.

We regret this decision very much, but nonetheless want to say thank you for the good cooperation and wish Horsch much success for the future. We hope to be working together again someday, we’d be looking forward to it.
Of course that's only one side of the story, and understandably neither GIANTS nor Horsch will comment on contracts, but it doesn't place either company in a particularly good light.
Last edited by this_is_gav on Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Johnston Brothers and Bailey are branded Lizard on console, there may be others on your list that are incorrect. Presumably you checked these on the Modhub website and not on the console Modhub?
Whilst a few mods might show that they are for all platforms on the website, they are different in game on consoles.
Last edited by Ritchie on Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Just got to love the list that's on the game page, the details they lists
Last edited by Noraf on Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Seems this Strautmann and Horcsh issue was with the same game, rival of Giants Software.

Giants has grabbed them so many licenses that there are not much left for other games :lol:

I like that there are so much brands available, because this way better stuff come to consoles, but
other side, most of these brands are western Europe brands, so it will be a little bit like overflow,
would prefer more other country brands included also.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Ritchie wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:19 pm Johnston Brothers and Bailey are branded Lizard on console, there may be others on your list that are incorrect. Presumably you checked these on the Modhub website and not on the console Modhub?
Whilst a few mods might show that they are for all platforms on the website they are different in game on consoles.
I am on PC, but good to know, i was already wondering how that is possible :mrgreen:
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I honestly find some of these brands that are only in mods more exciting than some of the paid DLCs, and I wonder if Giants could have made more money by making DLCs with them.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Could of done but some manufacturers dont want to be ingame
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Again, for a lot of brands on the modhub there is no license, if Giants does not have the license, a modder can try to get a license. Especially smaller manufactures like to have their brand in the game as they do see it as advertisement. Bigger brands do have different rules, they give their license in exchange for money or they want to decide what's in the license or not. You also see for most brands only new stuff, because that's what they want to sell. But some other brands are proud on their legacy like CNH (Case/New Holland). In FS17 and FS19 most older equipment is from this manufacturer, NH TX32, Fiat 1300DT, Case 7200, Case 1455, Case 1660 and NH 8340. But also the brand names FMZ and Fortschritt are owned by CNH

I understand why people do not like exclusives, at the other hand you get things like Horsch Agrovation stuff because of those partnerships.
The same partnerships you saw with the Agritechnica mods, where you could get a code at the manufacturer boot.
When both Giants and the manufacturer benefits from the partnership, exclusivity is a win-win for both.
It's sad for that other game developer, but after all they not gonna make it anyway and manufactures do realize that too.