John Deere 40 Series?

Will the John Deere 40 Series be the most downloaded mod on the ModHub for FS19?

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 77

BearClaw

Re: John Deere 40 Series?

Post by BearClaw »

There should not be a doubt about popularity for old stuff, farming is a lot more than just brand new big monsters .. but everytime we mention more old stuff we are just complaining ..
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

From the videos I’ve seen of BSM testing, It sounds like a Big Bud 450, has a gearbox sound like the Fendt Favorits on mod hub, EU and US spec, loader, front linkage and opening doors and windows, so far looks pretty tasty wouldn’t mind having one to go with my 6920 on Greenwich valley.
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:49 pm
BreadedVirus wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:39 pm You could slap a JD logo on a brick and people would download it. :lol:
Ha it is nice decoration for your farm Haha.
Has to be the right shade of JD green or people will complain about the colour :lol:
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
crash

Post by crash »

This will be poplular no doubt, hope they follow up with the 50 series.
Only "problem" i see is wheels is kind of wrong, should be a a almost solid cast rear wheel, i think the one they have used, with the holes in them, comes from the later 7000/8000 series? And maybe have a diamond plate bolted wheel option. modern wheel weights looks a bit odd. And it looks like the rear linkage and valve pack is to new? whatever, minor things :)
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Newholland T8 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:25 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:49 pm
BreadedVirus wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:39 pm You could slap a JD logo on a brick and people would download it. :lol:
Ha it is nice decoration for your farm Haha.
Has to be the right shade of JD green or people will complain about the colour :lol:
:this: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I have been on this forum so little lately, so I'm probably late to the party, but I put yes. And that actually goes more towards the fact that I want it to be the most downloaded rather than it will be, if that makes sense. But hey, it's a John Deere, who isn't going to like it?

realizes that Case fans are giving him death stares
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Dairydeere wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:06 pm I have been on this forum so little lately, so I'm probably late to the party, but I put yes. And that actually goes more towards the fact that I want it to be the most downloaded rather than it will be, if that makes sense. But hey, it's a John Deere, who isn't going to like it?

To be honest, the green was one of the bigger reasons I got FS19, and then I was hoping I could see Claas in FS21 (at the time I pre ordered 19)
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

The local farm supply store was selling bale forks in black, blue, red, and green and the green cost 200 dollars more than the rest. So yeah I agree haha.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

eric21 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:51 pm Well for what makes it a top downloaded mod? What makes it unique to the other tractors?
It’s popularity and reliability make them still very common to see in much of the US and have given them a nearly legendary status. Every brand has its tractor that is probably the most recognized like the 86 series IH or the ford TW series. Most people who aren’t familiar with JD can’t tell the difference between models or series but when you see a 40 series most people will recognize it.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

On game I mean
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

duncan_101 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:16 pm
Luftkopf wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:19 am
duncan_101 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:05 am

I second this.
It's nice feeling like I'm not alone!
Well you know there is more in te world than just JD thankfully. But it seems all that's being introduced is JD wich is a shame.
So much JD, dont get why just fav one brand ´that manny does. I like JD, but also like Fendt, CLaas NH etc. I might have a tractor I like the most, but not just a brand. All green? No thanks :hi:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

eric21 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:57 am On game I mean
In game? Same as every other tractor but if that’s how you wanna look at it we only need one tractor in the game at all then. What Op is getting at is he thinks will the real life popularity carry over into the game.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Bryan83 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:22 pm
Dairydeere wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:06 pm I have been on this forum so little lately, so I'm probably late to the party, but I put yes. And that actually goes more towards the fact that I want it to be the most downloaded rather than it will be, if that makes sense. But hey, it's a John Deere, who isn't going to like it?

To be honest, the green was one of the bigger reasons I got FS19, and then I was hoping I could see Claas in FS21 (at the time I pre ordered 19)
Yep, although I got it for free from Epic. As soon as I saw the deal, I had to go after it. I cannot pass up John Deere :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Pict

Post by Pict »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:53 pmSo I’m asking, by the time the dust settles on this current game, do you think the John Deere 40 series will be the most downloaded mod on the modhub for this current franchise?

And if you care to explain why you think the way you do, please do so.
First off, any chance of a link to a WIP of this mod? so that we can get a better idea of how it's looking?

Second, I doubt that any tractor no matter the brand or how well done a mod it is could be considered a game changer by most people. So I doubt very much that it would beat out a real game changer like seasons or the manure mod or Vehicle Control Addon (VCA)

Third, it's not even available yet, so it a really late starter to be a serious competitor, even if it was a stellar mod.

Fourth, I don't use any Black sheep modding mods as I don't think they are of as high a quality as other equivalent mods I do use. They may well have upped their game, but they had a very long way to go in my eyes after using most of Matt XJS's MF tractor without his permission in a mod competition that he was also running in. I deleted all the stuff I had from them then.

Last, ultimately it has only got two things going for it. It's an "new timer" tractor & it's a John Deere, so potentially popular both ways, if you like older John Deere tractors :biggrin2: but I already have a well made one of those...sound wasn't great (I quickly deleted it & pointed it to the stock Fiat files saving some space and my ears) needs the wipers to be coded and a better wheel/tyre selection (I have no interest in the Nokian tyres), but that's just small stuff as overall the mod is very good.

:hi:
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Is this that JD series that the rear window only opens a few inches? :hmm:
I operate and work on ford/ New Holland gear so I have no idea.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.