PS4 Straw Harvest Crane Tips

CowsGoMoo

PS4 Straw Harvest Crane Tips

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Finally got a chance to play around with straw harvest add on for ps4 and I know some players were having trouble with operating the crane. Hopefully this tip will help you out.

If you orient your view point so the pelletizing hall doors are on your left and pelletizer machine is in front of you, the crane movements will match your controller input movements. If you move the stick forward, the crane moves forward, if you move stick left, crane moves left. It feels more natural this way. I didn't find the operating view blocked at all either.

Also if you have helper menu up when in pelletizing hall the menu will show you fill level of pelletizing machine, how long the machine will work with the fill level in it, how many bags were made and how many pallets were made. This is a really nice little detail/info to have thanks Creative Mesh for having that in.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
FarmerJimbob

Re: PS4 Straw Harvest Crane Tips

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Good tips - once I worked the right camera angle to use (2nd option) and to orientate the view I did quite enjoy using the crane. Well, until it incessantly grabbed the trailer when I had it nicely loaded with 20+ pallets. That did allow me to skill up on how to right upturned pellet pallets though so I guess I have to be thankful for that. Except I then discovered there was absolutely no need to use the palletiser as I could get the same price for loose pellets at the sell point. Nice mod but sadly too flawed for me to bother with more than once.