XBOX mod maps

Yousaywhaaaaaat

XBOX mod maps

Post by Yousaywhaaaaaat »

I must be doing something wrong but I have only got a few mod maps? I was hoping to play Marwell manor but I cannot see it, any suggestions?
Soles2023

Re: XBOX mod maps

Post by Soles2023 »

I believe its L3 (click down on the left stick)
XB1/PC
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

The Modhub is default set to only show Top Mods. You have to click down the left stick to show all mods.

Edit: didn’t see the answer before I posted this
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Given the OP's question has been answered, the only remaining question is how the heck is OxygenDavid not considered a top modder. For FS17 he was in a league of two and in FS19 he's in a league of one (in my opinion).

Thinking about it there were actually two questions - the second being "How isn't he employed by GIANTS yet?".
JamP

Post by JamP »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:26 pm Given the OP's question has been answered, the only remaining question is how the heck is OxygenDavid not considered a top modder. For FS17 he was in a league of two and in FS19 he's in a league of one (in my opinion).

Thinking about it there were actually two questions - the second being "How isn't he employed by GIANTS yet?".
Let's get away from the topic, lol ... I agree with you that he does a great job and is very detailed. But until today I haven't been able to play a map of it because I don't like the style of the map. I'm thinking of trying Shamrock Valley, any tips?

In fact, since I stopped FS17 at The Valley The Old Farm I still haven't been able to find a map to call "home". I think I'm still waiting for a map that has a farmhouse as well made as that one. It seems to me that all the maps now have their headquarters in the middle of rounded fences with a lot of ready and dull placeables .. Anyway, I'm still looking ...
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:26 pm Given the OP's question has been answered, the only remaining question is how the heck is OxygenDavid not considered a top modder. For FS17 he was in a league of two and in FS19 he's in a league of one (in my opinion).

I have already stated to GIANTS that he should be hired to make the base game maps and yes in FS19 he is in a league of his own.

I have been on Marwell since it was released.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I sure I read in a newspaper that giants asked bullet bill to create a map for fs17? Could be wrong and hopefully if your reading Bulletbill I’m not talking out of turn. Oxygendavid and Bulletbill are artists as are Blacksheep modding
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Patrick73 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:09 pm I sure I read in a newspaper that giants asked bullet bill to create a map for fs17? Could be wrong and hopefully if your reading Bulletbill I’m not talking out of turn. Oxygendavid and Bulletbill are artists as are Blacksheep modding
With the addition of Mods for the first time on Console, GIANTS asked several modders, including myself and Oxygendavid if we would convert our most popular map over to Fs17 primarily aimed for console release.

I had the privilege of working along with Marc Schweglar at GIANTS who is one of the few people there who has a real passion for the game and seemed to fully appreciate the impact mods have on the game. Considering he is the Lead Producer of the company the amount of time he gave was very generous.

As it was the first time testing mods on console it was useful for GIANTS to figure out issues that mods would have being compatible with consoles.

With an early release of mod maps on console obviously it helped boost GIANTS and Fs17 for the console market which was the main aim behind it.

--

Although I don't mod for Fs19, I am not surprised to see Oxygendavid not have "top" status. Even though his maps by far meet the requirements of a "top" mod.

There are a number of "top" mods that are honestly quite bad, and do not meet GIANTS "top" requirements at all.

The bias towards certain Euro modders is a shame as it makes the whole point of a "top" mod pointless.

Just another reason I'm glad I'm not part of the farce that is Farming Simulator 19 and that I don't have to deal with GIANTS constant, frustrating, inconsistencies.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Bullet Bill if fs21 is a massive improvement would you consider Modding again for the new series?i and what constitutes a “top” mod?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I wouldn't say fs21 is a massive improvement, we dont know the details yet
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

eric21 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:49 pm I wouldn't say fs21 is a massive improvement, we dont know the details yet
Did say IF
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Ahhh sorry, theres a few tractors at work so I'm watching them
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^^ real life or in game?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Real life, I'll post pics later
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Patrick73 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:58 am Bullet Bill if fs21 is a massive improvement would you consider Modding again for the new series?i and what constitutes a “top” mod?
Firstly, with the way Fs19 has gone I don't have any faith that Fs2X will be any improvement, just more of the same, just turning "Farming Simulator" into "Shiny Tractor Showroom Arcade".

As to whar constitutes a "Top" mod by GIANTS testers.

This is what the head of the QA team said in response to that question:

"We usually consider mods that are completely self built/no ingame edits and of high quality or that bring something new to the game."

I'll let you decide whether you think the mods GIANTs choose are really top or not. Also notice the nationality of the most common "top" modders.

Quite honestly it seems to be down to tester preference which makes the "top" category a completely pointless part of the modhub.
Just 1 guys opinion of a certain mod, most likely someone who never even plays the game.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU