Input Bindings adjustment to allow machinery shed doors to open

JDfan1239

Input Bindings adjustment to allow machinery shed doors to open

Post by JDfan1239 »

Hi,

I'm new to FS19 and gaming on pc's. I have downloaded the composite machine sheds pack and gone to place them in my map. I drive a vehicle to the door yet the doors do not open? How do i find what bit of code i need to adjust and what to adjust it to? i'm guessing there is a download issue?
Deleted and re-downloaded and still the same issue?
Any help to point me in the right direction would be great thanks

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Ritchie

Re: Input Bindings adjustment to allow machinery shed doors to open

Post by Ritchie »

The doors aren't automatic generally, you have to get out of the vehicle and walk up to the door and the open/close prompt will pop up (with the help window on) and either click left on mouse or circle/B on controller.
JDfan1239

Post by JDfan1239 »

Ahhh ok, I’ll double check tomorrow but I’m sure I’ve run upto them and nothing appeared. I will check later just to make sure I’m not being totally stupid. Are you meant to be able to go in the side doors too? I definitely know they don’t open.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You'll only get a prompt on screen if you have the help menu turned on (one in the top left of screen). I'm not sure about the side doors, some mods have them that open others don't. The trigger areas for opening doors can be a bit fiddly at times, if you're not getting any response back away from the door and then walk up to it and try again.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

If I'm not mistaken there are a couple mod maps that have automatic doors? Wild West Map? I think. Anyways, welcome to the forums JDfan!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
JDfan1239

Post by JDfan1239 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:19 am If I'm not mistaken there are a couple mod maps that have automatic doors? Wild West Map? I think. Anyways, welcome to the forums JDfan!
Ahhh ok thanks, I’m still on the basic Ravenport map whilst I was getting used to it all. So different mods work on different maps? I’m going to take a look today & see what I can find out. Thank you :)
JDfan1239

Post by JDfan1239 »

Ritchie wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:33 pm You'll only get a prompt on screen if you have the help menu turned on (one in the top left of screen). I'm not sure about the side doors, some mods have them that open others don't. The trigger areas for opening doors can be a bit fiddly at times, if you're not getting any response back away from the door and then walk up to it and try again.
Ahhh ok, I believe I still have that turned on but I’m going to take a better look today and see what I can find out. Thank you
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

Welcome JDfan! As stated, some side doors don't open, but all main doors should open for the machine halls. Most triggers to open doors are right in the middle of the door. If it is a double door I have noticed looking at the middle where they meet and trying to open won't work mostly. You have to look at the middle of EACH door. If doors are super close together, like in some farmhouses, you can get the wrong door over and over even as a seasoned player. Farmhouses are different, a lot of those don't open and you just activate the trigger at the door. There is a lot of details not explained, don't let it overwhelm you! That's what this forum is for!

If you don't have the help window on, I definitely recommend you turn it on. Once I got used to the game and all controls I turned it and my mini map off for immersion.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.