Giants Editor, deleting objects

JohnDeere77

Giants Editor, deleting objects

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Im able to delete objects, such as a car or a shed with no functions. But when I delete a built in silo(remove the builidings/structure), or a machineshed with filltriggers for seed and so on, the map wouldnt load afterwards.

Can anyone tell how I do this or point me in the right direction on i.e youtube?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
SJ_Sathanas

Re: Giants Editor, deleting objects

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I imagine there's some conflict between the xml and the missing item on the map. Also you will probably need a new save game to see any changes you've made.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Yes, there must be some bindings between some of the objects on the map and some written code somewhere
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

One time i deleted the main farm silo on Lone Oak because i hated it, and somehow it worked. I didn't edit any XML or anything. It wasn't untill after I did that that i learned you shouldn't delete things with triggers unless you know how to edit the XML files.....

Oopies.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

You need to make sure that delete any part from the map and xml file, If your deleting only building you don't need a new save (only if your editing the terrain)
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Problem is that the map would not load on a new save. But how do I know what to delete in the xml-file?
Hogger

Post by Hogger »

You might start with the maps default items xml! For instance, if you want to delete a cow barn, go to editor, delete said items from map, go to default items xml, open with notepad look for item you just deleted in the editor, and delete that item from the xml. Also always make a copy of the map before any editing, that way if you have problems you can copy n paste if you get a little over zealous on the deleting!
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Thx! I do the editing on another pc from what I normally use, just to be 100% safe 😅😅
Hogger

Post by Hogger »

Also when you zip the map folder back up make sure it is named exactly the same, that could cause the map to not open also!
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Ok, Im not worthy of choosing my own silos. Cant figure it out