Harvester header question

Ironsword

Harvester header question

Post by Ironsword »

Hi everyone! I am new to this amazing game, a few weeks ago I was playing Division 2 and Battlefield V and now I can't seem to stop working those fields!
So I have a noob question, Yesterday I was harvesting Canola, I think, in Greenwich with the New Holland TX32 and somehow I "opened" the header sides. They had like vertical saws or something, but now I can't make them "open" again. Can someone explain me what happened?
I am playing in a PS4.
Ritchie

Re: Harvester header question

Post by Ritchie »

The cutters automatically appear when you harvest Canola, when you harvest Wheat for example they should disappear.
Ironsword

Post by Ironsword »

Thank you!!! I was going nuts trying to open that thing in a new game I started in Minibrunn!
Farmman7

Post by Farmman7 »

Hi...just started playing FS 19 about 2 weeks ago. Pretty rough trying to learn this game from scratch. The manual is somewhat worthless in answering question about harvesting certain grains like canola and with what equipment. I did find that it has to be harvested with a combine. But the show info show the TX 32 and header are suppose to be able to do so. But it doesn't clear the entire path - leaves a middle section while cutting the outsides. Is the TX 32 a combine?
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Yes it is.
Is the field ready to be harvested? Does the combine get filled with grain? Is it your field?
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's hardly straw coming out the back?
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

Hi, the bits you describe are that are getting harvested and leaving the middle bit sounds like crop destruction from driving over it, not harvesting.

Check that the crop is ready to be harvested by looking at the map, should be a lovely golden colour, not green.

You have to choose the correct header for the harvester, attach it to the front, unfold the harvester and then turn on the harvester, at this point, the header will lower and start spinning.

Hope this helps.
Farmman7

Post by Farmman7 »

Appreciate the comments. I'm using the TX 32 with the TX 32 header. I used the header in the same position as when harvesting wheat. Started to harvest the canola with a hired worker and he stopped after a few yards, so something isn't right. In the shop it shows both the TX 32 with header will harvest canola, but the harvest path looks nothing like when I've harvested wheat.

And yes, the crop is a golden brown and says "ready to harvest."

And would the crop destruction look like the crop had been matted down or would it look cut? It looks cut.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Farmman7 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:13 pm Appreciate the comments. I'm using the TX 32 with the TX 32 header. I used the header in the same position as when harvesting wheat. Started to harvest the canola with a hired worker and he stopped after a few yards, so something isn't right. In the shop it shows both the TX 32 with header will harvest canola, but the harvest path looks nothing like when I've harvested wheat.

And yes, the crop is a golden brown and says "ready to harvest."

And would the crop destruction look like the crop had been matted down or would it look cut? It looks cut.
It would just look like it was harvested right where the tires run over it. Canola won't leave a straw swath behind. What map are you playing? What field are you trying to harvest? Are you playing with Seasons on? Some fields the workers get confused on and don't start off by themselves right away. Do you have canola in your combine from the worker starting into the field (Showing any liters in the bottom right bar)? Might help with some pictures of your problem also.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

If your with seasons the last growing state the field looks ready to harvest but it has one more stage to go through.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

If there's a way you could post a screenshot, that would help a lot.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Not sure if this helps, but after changing a field from oat to canola, my TX32 would get hung up on odd single oat stalks on the field edge leftover from the previous harvest and stop cutting. I made sure to completely overlap the field edge on the next cultivator run.
Old fat guy with a day job...
Guil

Post by Guil »

Have you tried driving the harvester yourself? Sometimes workers might stop for unknown reasons and won't work again until you drive a few feet yourself. A picture speaks a thousand words...
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I was driving- the harvester keeps going, just stops harvesting. Cleaning up the mixed crop fixed it.
Old fat guy with a day job...
Guil

Post by Guil »

Sorry I was replying to Farmman, should have quoted lol.