Dear Giants,

chedly_farms

Dear Giants,

Post by chedly_farms »

Dear Giants,

I would consider myself a rather patient fellow. I mean for the most part, I have no choice. And I have enjoyed the latest game immensely. Albeit with the new graphics finding maps that look natural to me is an uphill battle. But when you find them, they are brilliant. (Cough cough, Osina, Marwell, Charwell, cough cough). And knowing that the game takes time for modders to do their thing, I have been enjoying those European maps, with an awesome plethora of Euro spec machinery. I have well over a thousand hours so far.

And here is why I wrote this post. And I’m sure to some posters it will be like beating a dead horse, and will receive the “just be patient” posts. <-bring it. I can take it! Anyways, I feel like you need to implement some type of reward system to get modders to focus a little more attention on American modders, or understand that the American console market “needs” a little more attention than it is getting a year and a half after release. To date, out of four US/Canada themed maps, three of them seen a prior console release on 17, and the other is rather unfinished. I don’t want the world here. After all I think asides from a gravity wagon, North American players have all the equipment we could ask for. But using maps that I have played before makes gameplay rather stale pretty quickly. Maybe just maybe you guys can work with modders a little better, or at least at this time make it a little more of a priority to entice American modders or Modders in general to focus on NA players. Like a mod contest or more recognition. Or something. Just my 2 cents.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
JensChrDK

Re: Dear Giants,

Post by JensChrDK »

Just a little side note, and a hope:
Aren't they opening an office in the US? So maybe it will help when they get physically closer to the land and the modders :smileynew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
eric21

Post by eric21 »

We got way more tonnes of American mods than fs17 plus most of the American mods are done by European modders
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

eric21 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:37 pm We got way more tonnes of American mods than fs17 plus most of the American mods are done by European modders
Chedly appears to be talking about maps, not equipment mods.

I'm having trouble picking the American maps on console. Welkers, Westbridge, Lone Oak, and I can't think of any more.

I don't play on console, but I did at one point, so I feel your pain Chedly.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
humbe

Post by humbe »

American brands seems to me fairly well represented in main game. Could it just be that there are few american modders compared to europeans?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

A couple are new woodshire and Pacific northwest. Also Eric, most American modders are on Facebook and pc only because there seems to be a rift with giants and chedly is suggesting to bring those modders into the game more and get more stuff for console.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:13 pm A couple are new woodshire and Pacific northwest. Also Eric, most American modders are on Facebook and pc only because there seems to be a rift with giants and chedly is suggesting to bring those modders into the game more and get more stuff for console.

I must be missing the point here -- surely ALL modders have to be on PC, since you can't mod on console or Mac?

But I agree, GIANTS do need to engage with the modders rather more: some proper tech documents would be a start! Then make the testing tools, or at least a subset of them, available to modders so that they can pre-test their own mods and cut out some of the back-and-forth testing. And then, with more happy modders, hopefully more NA maps for you guys :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

blue_painted wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:30 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:13 pm A couple are new woodshire and Pacific northwest. Also Eric, most American modders are on Facebook and pc only because there seems to be a rift with giants and chedly is suggesting to bring those modders into the game more and get more stuff for console.

I must be missing the point here -- surely ALL modders have to be on PC, since you can't mod on console or Mac?

But I agree, GIANTS do need to engage with the modders rather more: some proper tech documents would be a start! Then make the testing tools, or at least a subset of them, available to modders so that they can pre-test their own mods and cut out some of the back-and-forth testing. And then, with more happy modders, hopefully more NA maps for you guys :)
He means the modders only release their mods for PC players
Canadian Eggs

Post by Canadian Eggs »

Unfortunately the North American moddining community seems to solely exist on facebook pages and groups or patreons. Most seem to feel it's a waste of time to submit mods to Giants for the modhub, since they believe there is very little incentive too. As they can't receive the benefits giants does offer. Hopefully, a North American office could change this and bring them in. There are lots of nice mods and maps floating around out there. They can just be really difficult to find at times. As for the maps I agree with Chedly on the immersion aspect. I can't even consider playing a NA map that doesn't have ditches along the roads and fields for drainage.

A good resource for finding NA mods:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category ... 174630932/

Posts the original link too
humbe

Post by humbe »

Maybe the american modders always think so big that their stuff dont fit in console memory 😁
Canadian Eggs

Post by Canadian Eggs »

humbe wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:38 pm Maybe the american modders always think so big that their stuff dont fit in console memory 😁
This is not far off in a lot of cases. All those pick up mods you see are typically 100+mb. Some are as big as maps
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

JensChrDK wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:37 pm Aren't they opening an office in the US?
Pretty sure I read somewhere that "plan" was on indefinite hold due to COVID.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

A lot of the US mappers tend to go for 4x maps from what I've seen and played on.
humbe

Post by humbe »

To make an Arizona map they might need 16x to fit a single field. Does anyone else use planes to spray crops? 😮
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Farmercaseih wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:34 pm
blue_painted wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:30 pm
Yes that's what I meant.

He means the modders only release their mods for PC players
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.