FS19 PS4 Noob - Questions - Help Please :)

REN56

FS19 PS4 Noob - Questions - Help Please :)

Post by REN56 »

Hello everyone,

I’m new to the “Farming Simulator” game/sim series... I just started recently with “Farming Simulator 19” on the PS4 Pro console. I also know basically nothing about real life farming, btw. I’ve been learning and enjoying FS19 so far, in spite of being clueless about so much of it. I’ve spent more time reading through the forum here than actually playing/farming. My wife has also started playing FS19 as well (also on PS4 Pro).

A couple of questions - hopefully someone may be able to help —- many thanks in advance for any replies.

(1) I was customizing a new tractor - one of the options was something called “Communal” relative to the tire/wheel type setup. Can anyone explain this - relative to FS19 - on IF/WHEN it would be advantageous to use that setup versus “Standard”?
EDIT = ANSWERED (Thank you very much!)

(2) Weights for the front end of tractors - how does one know what weight (how much weight) one should use? So many different tractors and so many different weights, so I realize this is bit of a tough question. But - in FS19 - any general guideline to follow with choosing X amount of weight for use with (a) tractor class (light/medium/heavy) -OR- (b) if it’s more of a “it depends on what type of work you’re doing with the tractor” situation perhaps. Any helpful general guideline would be very helpful.
EDIT = ANSWERED (Thank you very much!)

Again, any/all help will be greatly appreciated from any/all that may reply. And again, many thanks in advance! :)

* EDIT = Rather than clutter up the forum with a bunch of different threads with more noob questions from me, I’ve added additional questions in this same message thread... any/all replies are very much appreciated! :)

Thanks for taking time to read this post.

Happy Farming! :)
- Robert -

* PS - Many thanks to *ALL* of the creative & talented “modders” and map-makers in the awesome FS19 Community! :)
Last edited by REN56 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
humbe

Re: FS19 PS4 Noob - Questions - Help Please :)

Post by humbe »

I started in January and knew nothing about farming either. I was wondering the same but didnt figure it out. Wheels and weights seems to have limited effect in game though. I typically use a 1000 kg front weight when Im doing heavy work in field, especially if field isn't flat. But it works ok without too.. Wheels I only change between narrows if fertilizing after first growth stage and normal otherwise..

A lot of the real life reasons for using the the various setups are so simplified in game that I think the options are mostly estethic
humbe

Post by humbe »

Game sometimes saying your tractor is skidding. If you see that message you can consider putting on bigger wheels or more weight..
Emil Jørgensen

Post by Emil Jørgensen »

The "Communal" tires would in real life be used on the roads, as well as in grass fields, parks etc., as you do not want to "destroy" all the grass. As for weights, what ever that feels good, is good. A little logic narrows down your choice, as giving a small Valtra A-series a 3300kg weight, isn't really a good idea. :lol:
PC - Fs 11 - Fs 17 - Fs 19
"Rather Push A Deere, Than Drive A Massey"
BillyMais

Post by BillyMais »

Hey and welcome to the farming family! 😃

Long story short:

1. I don‘t really know any effect of communal tires other than optical in vanilla gameplay. Can’t really answere that unfortunately so. Tires with weights, however, effect front loader working for example. Narrow tires (unfortunately not on every mod tractor though) prevent fruits from being destroyed by driving over a field and crop destruction is activated in the gameplay options.

2. Weights can be massively helpful when ever a tool used on a tractor that’s too heavy so you noticably feel effects of steering while driving, plowing, fertilizing etc. Especially helpful are weights when working with front loaders in my opinion.
Unfortunately there are no guidlines for weights other than in the description of some tools in the shop, e. g. „AGCO 1000“ which refers to the weight. So it‘s more of a trial and error finding the ideal weight.

Hope that helps. Happy farming yourself! 😃
Thrustmaster T248P | TH8S Shifter Add-on | Logitech G Heavy Equipment Side Panel | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + FaceTrackNoIR
Bug Tracker | Image Server
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

If you are just lifting bales a 1000 kg weight should do fine for most jobs, but if you are attempting to lift more than one bale at a time then you should go a bit bigger.
I'm afraid I can't help you much as I am using a PC and a lot of the physics are different, but I wish you all the best and much fun playing this game, I have enjoyed it for years now despite the odd moan at Giants.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Communal tires tires will slip alot if used to pull stuff like cultivators and seeders they are basically road tires. I use 1000 to 1500k weights depending on terrain and hp of tractor and requirement of implement being pulled such as a 300 hp tractor pulling a 180 hp requirement cultivator i may or may not use a weight depending on terrain.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

as to the weight, try this https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019

its a staple in my game saves.. its known as a slice weight.. you can customize it and change the weight at your workshop giving you enough weight for the job in question making it a one size fits all.. its also colorable so you can match it to your tractor..

as to when to add weight.. the only point to the weight is traction from weight and stability.. if you have enough to keep your wheels firmly on the ground, you are spot on.. if it seems squirrelly like its too light on one end or the other, add some weight until its not..

a good way to test is, with the equipment mounted to the tractor, drive in the direction of the implement and hit the breaks and turn the wheel.. if your tractor slows and turns you are good.. if the wheels raise and you don't turn, you need a bit of weight added to the light end.. hope that helps a bit with weights.. happy farming
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Something which may or may not be obvious regarding weights is that they can be used on the back or front of tractors depending on what you're doing. If you're using a front loader (eg to stack bales or pallets) then put the weight on the back of the tractor. If you're usning something at the back which lifts off the ground (usually a plough or cultivator) then put the weight on the front of the tractor.

It's worth noting that if you have a larger tractor relative to the implement you're using, then you might not need a weight. If you use the implement and the front or rear wheels are floating (you'll feel it when driving in that you won't be in full control of it!) then you need a weight, but they're cheap enough to buy if you unexpectedly realise you need one.

Unlike in real life most "medium" tractors won't need a weight for anything in FS, though "small" tractors often will. "Large" tractors almost certainly won't need a weight at any point.

Keep in mind too that wheel weights on the rear wheels (a shop or garage option) might negate the need for a weight on the back of the tractor when using a front loader.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I did a test on weights with the in game magnum and put an implement behind it that was I believe 100 horse to much for it and moving up a weight from small to large got me up to near full operating speed from about half
REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ humbe
@ Emil Jørgensen
@ BillyMais
@ jay_maybury
@ livesea72
@ PrincessJessi84
@ this_is_gav
@ Mwal

Thank you very much to each and every one of you for your quick replies - and for the very helpful/useful/informative info/advice - all very much appreciated! :)

Thanks as well to all those that took a moment to read my post, but perhaps didn’t reply thinking that enough replies had already very well covered my questions, but would’ve replied otherwise.

The “Communal” tires question - that totally makes perfect logical sense now! Thanks! :)

The Weights question - great info - I already knew the main purpose for using weights (maintaining balance/stability for the front/rear of the tractor in essence relative to how it was being used) - but thanks for the replies giving me so much of a better idea and guideline to follow for if/when to use the weight and how much weight to use etc. - as well as for the mod suggestion that’s available for changing weight via using just 1 ‘item’ - all a big help! Thanks! :)

Anyone ready for another round of “clueless noob” questions from me? (lol) I’ve got a million questions, lol. :)
(for example, currently wondering how easy/complicated it is to take very large fields that one owns and “slice” them into smaller-sized fields, using one of the couple of ‘equipment tools’ I’ve seen, I haven’t tried doing it yet, so I won’t ask “how?” yet without giving it a try first).

Again, many thanks to everyone for all of the very quick and very helpful replies!

Happy farming everyone!
- Robert -
Last edited by REN56 on Thu May 21, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Might be helpful to divide them how you like with the terrain editing tool, like by leaving grass strips between sections.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Agree with Mwal, I find the field rollers to fiddled to deal with. Just make sure if you are using the terrain editing tool to “paint” grass between your fields, you leave a big enough space between so if you use workers they realize when to stop. I find the third from the smallest size works pretty good.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Looking thru the shop menu it seems fewer items have a puzzle piece to indicate using a weight. Or its just me
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
BillyMais

Post by BillyMais »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:21 pm Looking thru the shop menu it seems fewer items have a puzzle piece to indicate using a weight. Or its just me
I guess there is only a weight indicator on tools that have no other specific attachable tools other than weights.
Thrustmaster T248P | TH8S Shifter Add-on | Logitech G Heavy Equipment Side Panel | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + FaceTrackNoIR
Bug Tracker | Image Server