New official maps for DLC?

Wonka

New official maps for DLC?

Post by Wonka »

Greetings!
I've been playing FS19 for a couple of weeks, and loving it! (I believe I hit the 10 hours trophy the first time I played it).
I really like both Ravenport and Felsbrunn maps, but I wonder if there will be more official maps as DLC in the future. Any news on that? :confusednew:
ar1g3

Re: New official maps for DLC?

Post by ar1g3 »

You know there are tons of maps available for download on the modhub?
Belgian solo mod maker
My YouTube channel - for videos of my mods
My FS Nation space - news and updates
I speak Dutch, French and English.
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

I've seen them ar1g3, thanks, but just wonder if any from Giants will be available.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Nothing has been confirmed yet.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I wouldn't expect any new official maps for FS19 now. It's possible as there is more than likely at least 17 months until the next game, but I'm still not expecting any.

You really should check out mod maps though. They're usually a better all round bet than the standard maps, and if you're into any style or area in particular we can recommend some. If you're not into a particular style we can still offer some!
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Estancia lapacho is a official Giants map but has large install size at 644.54 MB. It was part of 17 expansion introducing sugarcane to the game.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Wonka, when I first played console with mod possibilities on 17, I stayed away from non Giants mods at first. I was worried them would break my system. But once I dove into the world of non-Giants ModHub mods, I’ve never turned back.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

If you really like the official maps, then you'll really love a lot of the mod maps. Take a day just checking out all the mod maps, then pick your home.
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

Thanks everyone for writing!
I'll check Estancia Lapacho, and yes, I'm kinda reluctant to install mods because of the "we are not responsible if anything breaks" disclaimer, but I guess that disclaimer is in every "mod-able" game. I might just give it a shot!
About my gamestyle? I just try to avoid cheats, only work and grow in the best, optimum $/time way I can find, and try to have as many plants and animals as I can.
ar1g3

Post by ar1g3 »

As someone else said, don't expect an official DLC mod map. Nothing has been announced yet, haven't heard any rumors of it, and mod maps are generally better. This has nothing to do with Giants' capability but because they have to make sure their maps will work on literally any computer or console the game is installed on. With mod maps there is more possible, as you can just delete the map if it doesn't work.

All mods on the ModHub are tested for errors and breaking the game, so that disclaimer is purely there for legal reasons. They do put in a lot of effort and time to make sure the mods don't break the game, especially for console mods.

So don't worry, just dive into the ModHub and try some maps out! They will not break your system/game!
Look for maps by respected modders, I personally really like the Blacksheep Modding maps. They are really detailed and feel alive, but enough care has been taken to optimize them and reduce the strain the maps put on your system.
Belgian solo mod maker
My YouTube channel - for videos of my mods
My FS Nation space - news and updates
I speak Dutch, French and English.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

I would say not likely as it seems giants only does 3 base maps. 15 had two base and a dlc expansion map, 17 had Goldcrest and Sosnovka base and Estancia expansion, and 19 has ravenport and felsbrunn base and estancia as a mod. They also chose to make the expansion dlc equipment only (and bring a new brand in game) instead of adding a map and new crop type, although straw harvest kind of adds that.

That being said felsbrunn is a good map. I only stopped playing it because I wanted to work different maps, but I still go back once in a while. In fact just found out this week a work friend got fs19 as part of ps plus for May and I have been considering going back again to felsby.

As for crapyport, well it's nickname says it all.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Most of the mod maps are garbage, but there are still many that a better than Giants maps.
They are all tested and safe to use.
I suggest give them a try, they are so different...

Giants has released 3 maps, but there are ten times more maps which are better
than Giants maps in modhub. Look the user score before downloading, better maps
usually have higher score. Anything above score 4 is worth to try.
Pict

Post by Pict »

If you like Giants maps there a few from older versions of Farming Simulator that have been converted to FS19 which are available on the modhub and work on consoles.

Estancia Lapacho https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019 from FS17
Goldcrest Valley https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019 from FS17
Bjornholm https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019 from FS15
Westbridge Hills https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019 from FS15/13
Hagenstedt https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019 from FS13

If you want to try something that is well optimized and won't slow your game down, I would recommend both of these.

The Pacific Northwest 19 https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019
The Valley The Old Farm https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I do not recommend these old converted maps, they lack of details. Newer Giants maps a way better.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:55 am That being said felsbrunn is a good map. I only stopped playing it because I wanted to work different maps, but I still go back once in a while. In fact just found out this week a work friend got fs19 as part of ps plus for May and I have been considering going back again to felsby.
Fellsbrun indeed is nice, and still like to play this map. High quality textures on buildings, nice roads into mountains, nice castle uphill, yes it has something. Same like Sosnovka on 17.

Lot of modmaps are missing high quality (texture) buildings, does have extreme ugly map borders (riverside Fellsbrun also not the best) and some maps are having performance issues. I'm curious about Stappenbach 19, nice borders, as it seems high texture buildings, nice layout and good feeling: https://youtu.be/hudP1LH1pDw