Do you focus more on farming or farm management?

Progeekzy

Do you focus more on farming or farm management?

Post by Progeekzy »

With the option to hire workers do you focus more on working on your own farms or just making sure all the hired help is working the farms and doing what they can't?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
l0lhunt3r

Re: Do you focus more on farming or farm management?

Post by l0lhunt3r »

most stuff im doing myself cause the helpers sometimes work totally stupid or courseplay wont render a field course and i like doing field work by myself
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Farming, courseplay drives my trucks.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Same as Mwal, I just wish I could get course play to work so I run the harvester and request the trailer to me.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Start the course on the corner of the field they will be leaving you from and make sure you end it within the actual field boundaries. Also they changed it, be sure to check the box for the harvester you are using on the tractor or truck that’s in combi mode hauling for you.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I like to delegate as much as possible. Most non-grass field work I assign to workers. I wish they were better at their job and wouldn't require me to start or finish for them.
I would like the ability to hire a worker to keep my animals clean, water them and feed them and so on (as long as I keep supplies near by).
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Mwal wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:29 pm Start the course on the corner of the field they will be leaving you from and make sure you end it within the actual field boundaries. Also they changed it, be sure to check the box for the harvester you are using on the tractor or truck that’s in combi mode hauling for you.
I must have to update, because everytime I try to do that and don't have CP running the harvester, it's just freezes my camera and functions. The game still plays, but I can't look around or switch vehicles until I stop the trailer course

Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:41 pm
Mwal wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:29 pm Start the course on the corner of the field they will be leaving you from and make sure you end it within the actual field boundaries. Also they changed it, be sure to check the box for the harvester you are using on the tractor or truck that’s in combi mode hauling for you.
I must have to update, because everytime I try to do that and don't have CP running the harvester, it's just freezes my camera and functions. The game still plays, but I can't look around or switch vehicles until I stop the trailer course
What trailer are you using?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Mwal wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:43 pm
I've tried a lot of them lol. But most recently, one of the in game Strautmans. I've also wanted to run an auger to a truck parked on the side, then that truck run to the silo, but the same thing happens.

MacCLovin

Post by MacCLovin »

I play on 3 day seasons so it depends on the day and how busy...I usually send off workers in the fields while I tend to other tasks in other fields, baling, harvesting, etc...
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:45 pm
Mwal wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:43 pm

I've tried a lot of them lol. But most recently, one of the in game Strautmans. I've also wanted to run an auger to a truck parked on the side, then that truck run to the silo, but the same thing happens.
Auger wagons won’t work yet, I believe they are the greyed out box that you can’t use for anything yet.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Mwal wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:59 pm
I'm going to try to update it tonight or tomorrow. I should have my PC build done tonight so I'll be getting back into it. I've been putting too much strain on my laptop lately lol.

RedJester

Post by RedJester »

I'd have to say so far it's more farm management. I'll have 2-4 workers going off and harvesting, plowing, planting, spraying while I am going off and doing the trailer runs or bailing. Still fun and working up from small equipment to larger/faster is still fun. Just started a map to focus on animal management primarily which cannot be done by workers and it's a lot different play style. When I focused on fields I tried to make sure at least one piece of my equipment was always moving as that means money. Animals have some downtime till I get some product to sell or manure/slurry to take to BGA. I find myself setting the speed up to x120 a lot more doing the animals than when I was focusing on fields.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:32 pm
Mwal wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:59 pm
I'm going to try to update it tonight or tomorrow. I should have my PC build done tonight so I'll be getting back into it. I've been putting too much strain on my laptop lately lol.
Sweet, bet ya your excited last time I updated was Sunday so I would give that a whirl, it was quirky with a few of my modded tractors but for the most part it worked well
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I do almost all the work myself. The few times I don't is when I go to unload the grain cart into the truck and take the truck or wagons to the grain bins. Also if I have to spray send do grass work at the same time. I farm about 500 acres on medicine creek with 500 hogs and 100 cattle.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.