FS simulator chair all done !

road_clam

FS simulator chair all done !

Post by road_clam »

So I was a hardcore Daytona racer back around 2012 and have not done much over the past 5 years . Mt race chair has been sitting gathering dust. First I bought FS19 for Xbox one , and bought the Drivehub adapter so I could run my G27 wheel but the system doesn't work 100% and has several bugs when attempting to fully intergrate with FS19 . I then decided to go PC , and wow what a totally new and expanded experience ! Over the past month i've been programming my dual Thrustmaster Pro's and while this is a huge PIA , it's well worth it in the end. I now have my G27 wheel, dual Thrustmaster J/S's and the 15 button Stream deck all running with smooth compatibility. The must frustrating nagging issue was I could NOT figure out why my PC would not load my G27 wheel modded profile (mild force feedback settings). My PC always starts with the default "full force feedback" setting. What I ended up realizing by accident is if I would boot up the FS19 game , then press "Alt + Tab" and attempt to exit the game , then my modded G27 profile setting would correctly load. What a huge difference is added realism !

FarmBoss

Re: FS simulator chair all done !

Post by FarmBoss »

That's an awesome setup.
I know drinking and driving is a no-no, but where the heck is your drink holder?
road_clam

Post by road_clam »

FarmBoss wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:16 am That's an awesome setup.
I know drinking and driving is a no-no, but where the heck is your drink holder?
Ha, funny you mention this, a beverage holder that can bolt to my seat rail bracket on the RH side is definately the next priority !
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Isn't your TV a little bit too high? Need to look up all the time.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Nice! *thumbsup*
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
elkar

Post by elkar »

IceUul wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:06 am Isn't your TV a little bit too high? Need to look up all the time.
Yeah they suggest to have the setups so you look slightly down actually.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

His head leaned back against the chair would give him a good angle. I thought looking down slightly was bad, due to the neck muscles being strained and the possibility of "turkey neck".

Edit for redundancy.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
MacCLovin

Post by MacCLovin »

Good rule of thumb is - when sitting on your couch, the middle of the screen is at eye level.

I know this doesn't really help his FS chair set up - but that is a good starting point.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

An ultra short throw projector would be nice with your chair setup.
I use mine on an off-white wall and it looks really good.
It looks like you could have at least 100 inch view on your wall if you moved some of those things around a bit
road_clam

Post by road_clam »

The TV serves double duty as my couch is about 10' behind the chair. I actually am very comfortable with the height . When im playing i actully recline the chair so my view plane is actually very comfortable (for me).
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

No matter how you view it, sweet setup! *thumbsup*
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.