Mod won't delete

vondeylenfarms

Mod won't delete

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Just as the title says...I have mods that I delete fine and others that just keep coming back...it's very annoying. Is there a trick here? I'm on console if that helps anyone to help me. One mod I have been deleting for a month straight...
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
eric21

Re: Mod won't delete

Post by eric21 »

Restart your ps4?
REN56

Post by REN56 »

I’m on the PS4 Pro console. If it were me, I’d delete the FS19 game (and seriously consider also deleting all of the FS19 saved game files), then do a ‘database rebuild’ from “Safe mode” (tons of info on the internet going step-by-step through this very simple process that typically doesn’t take very long to do if you’ve never done this before — note that rebuilding the database periodically on the PS4 is highly recommended anyway regardless of any problems, for maintaining better overall performance, like defragmenting a hard drive on a PC regularly), restore licenses, then reinstall FS19 (and any FS19 DLC that you may have purchased). This process (rebuilding the database) is almost 100% sure to guarantee to resolve the problem (this same process goes for problem-solving on the PS4 for almost any situation that’s truly *not* a hardware specific problem). Hope this helps. :)
Happy farming! :)
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Right...

You could also throw away your PS4 and buy a new one. I’m pretty sure the mods are then gone as well.

Anyways. It’s a known bug. I have 5 mods that won’t let themselves to be deleted. I’ve had more, but those magically disappeared.

So, either hope they will disappear some day, or just live with it 😄
Ignorance is bliss
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Yeah I'm definitely not deleting my saved games wish I only have two but we're talking lots and lots of hours on them. And I'll throw away my PS4 when it's dead and I have a PS5 lol I guess if it's a known bug in Giants hasn't fixed it yet and it's probably not going to be fixed...

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

It's an interesting bug that was already around for FS17, wasnt it? Kinda wondering if it's something Giants related or something else.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Yeah it happened on 17 also and I think it happens more frequently when you have more than half of your mod storage space full and it starts taking longer to load pages on the modhub.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

One thing that might be worth checking is if the mods that won't delete are still activated in any savegames.

If they are I'd suggest trying the following:
- open the savegame where the mods are still active and deactivate the mods before starting the game
- when the sav game has been opened, immediately save again and then quit the career
- try to delete the mod
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Some require multiple updates before you can delete them as well.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

don_apple wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:32 pm One thing that might be worth checking is if the mods that won't delete are still activated in any savegames.

If they are I'd suggest trying the following:
- open the savegame where the mods are still active and deactivate the mods before starting the game
- when the sav game has been opened, immediately save again and then quit the career
- try to delete the mod
I will definitely try this. I so not have the mods active in my saved games but they could have been checked and saved prior deleting. I'll let you know

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Tried that idea and it still didn't work. The mods I deleted, jhhh s600 as I use the 700 and the lizard biogas plant. Both sit in the section saying it has an update. I update and uninstall they come back. I don't update and uninstall, they come back. I'm only at 45% storage so it's definitely a giants issue here

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Travislima

Post by Travislima »

I have the same problem but i dont let it bother me because in the end we have mods on console. I do recommend rebuilding your database regularly but remember to upload any save data from any games by buying a months ps+ subscription. Also i recommend getting all your mods written down or something because it can be a pain finding all your mods again. Just speaking from experience
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

You don't need a pc and you don't need a new console. That is just 💩 advice. if the deleted mod is not on the list to activate when starting a game to play its not there. Not taking up memory or anything.
On 17 (before I learned of uninstallling game) I had a bricked mod for over a month before it went away. As for 19 I think I've deleted the game 5 or 6 times because of bricked mods before I learned to ignore them.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:34 am You don't need a pc and you don't need a new console. That is just 💩 advice. if the deleted mod is not on the list to activate when starting a game to play its not there. Not taking up memory or anything.
On 17 (before I learned of uninstallling game) I had a bricked mod for over a month before it went away. As for 19 I think I've deleted the game 5 or 6 times because of bricked mods before I learned to ignore them.
I thought the same also but when I uninstall the combine, which is of larger size, the % space goes down? I'm sure anymore...wish giants would answer it but it sounds like it's a known bug and I rather both duplicate more bug reports

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:01 pm Tried that idea and it still didn't work. The mods I deleted, jhhh s600 as I use the 700 and the lizard biogas plant. Both sit in the section saying it has an update. I update and uninstall they come back. I don't update and uninstall, they come back. I'm only at 45% storage so it's definitely a giants issue here
I have had to update mods literally dozens of times to get them to uninstall.i thought it was a giants issue server side like it needs a refresh to clear old data.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC