4x European Map

FarmCatJenkins

4x European Map

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

So now that I have my fancy new PC built, I don't want to play on anything but 4x maps. I have two running on American maps but would like to try starting up a European map. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a European 4x map?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
norfolk farmer

Re: 4x European Map

Post by norfolk farmer »

I've yet to try it myself but I've heard good things said about this one, I believe there is also a maize plus ready version as well on The Alien Paul's discord.
https://www.yesmods.com/fs19-mods/maps/ ... cklenburg/
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Wow that map looks nice. Crazy looking fields lol

TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

That is not the actual version. They released the V2 a few days ago. A lot of improvements and some crazy new stuff was added. You can find the download Link on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/14247909275328 ... 383222934/
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

TobiHH wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:49 pm That is not the actual version. They released the V2 a few days ago. A lot of improvements and some crazy new stuff was added. You can find the download Link on their Facebook page.

That's the version I tried too find when I mentioned Aloen Paul, thanks for adding the link *thumbsup*
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

TobiHH wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:49 pm That is not the actual version. They released the V2 a few days ago. A lot of improvements and some crazy new stuff was added. You can find the download Link on their Facebook page.

Thanks for the link. Have you played this map? I'd imagine everything is in German?

TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:17 pm

Thanks for the link. Have you played this map? I'd imagine everything is in German?
Yes, I started to play this map. It is a german map, based on an existing region in the northeast of germany. So yes, everything is in german. I am german, so that`s no big problem for me... :mrgreen:

When you download the map, you also get two pdf manuals. One is in german and one is in english. Everything is explained very detailed and you should not have any problem with it.

What I like about this map is the full forage extension and maize plus support. All fruits are built in, which gives you much more realistic feeding options.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

There is no problem using this map even if your not German. Everything is in English, the manual, menus, global company etc. So, go for it, I think it’s the best euro 4x map around
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

TobiHH wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:33 am
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:17 pm

Yes, I started to play this map. It is a german map, based on an existing region in the northeast of germany. So yes, everything is in german. I am german, so that`s no big problem for me... :mrgreen:

When you download the map, you also get two pdf manuals. One is in german and one is in english. Everything is explained very detailed and you should not have any problem with it.

What I like about this map is the full forage extension and maize plus support. All fruits are built in, which gives you much more realistic feeding options.
Installed it last night to check it out. Seems like a pretty decent map, took awhile for my framerate to balance out though lol

TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Yeah, that`s true. The Clip-Distance of the objects and the trees is set very high. The map makers explained that in some german map presentation videos, why they did it that way.

I adjusted a few things in the editor and now it runs really decent. I don`t like the trees, put 80% under the map to look like a bush. I removed a lot of them and placed some regular trees on the surface, looks better now for me and was also beneficial for the performance.
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

Kastor is releasing Somewhere in Thuringia II v 3.0, Maize Plus and some GC on there. I'm waiting on that one. Now the forage extension is released I'm only looking for maps that support it, makes root crops have a purpose again *thumbsup*
PC & Xbox One
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

What does the forage extension do? And Kastor sounds familiar... Didn't they make that amazing sawmill?

TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Yes, that Sawmill was made from Kastor.
On his Homepage you can find some nice pics and infos about the V3

https://www.d-s-agrarservice.de/t1202f9 ... ml#msg7488

About the forage extension, maybe you take a look at some YT videos.
Like this one for example.

https://youtu.be/XFhxLrBJkEA
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Thanks!

Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:51 pm So now that I have my fancy new PC built, I don't want to play on anything but 4x maps. I have two running on American maps but would like to try starting up a European map. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a European 4x map?
Eirsholt. Very well done map, I haven't played it much, but my experience with it on the FSN is phenomenal. My laptop holds up pretty good on an MP server with it. Should be a link on yesmods.com for the download. Trying to think of another map, but I can't right now. I'll let you know if something else comes to mind ;)
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!