Possible to landscape realistic dirt roads on console?

Patrick73

Re: Possible to landscape realistic dirt roads on console?

Post by Patrick73 »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:07 pm Captain goodvibes check out Fs landscaping on YouTube, it is a club I own on Xbox but recently I’ve been uploading a lot of members clips to YouTube plus I’m trying to build a map from scratch on No mans land with tutorials, I know the PC guys will probably laugh but unfortunately it’s as good as we can get on console, I’m definitely no Bullet Bill that’s for sure
You got a link for your channel? Wanna give it a look
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Just write in FS landscaping and it should come up, if you can think of anything I could do better let me know, don’t forget about the slot count issue though
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Subscribed! I’ll be watching with interest. You should put a link in your signature 👍
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Thanks mate, I’m pretty new to all this stuff and still learning, going to try and build the farm tonight so that will be tough
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:53 pm Thanks mate, I’m pretty new to all this stuff and still learning, going to try and build the farm tonight so that will be tough
Whenever I see people trying to create something original or be creative I always respect that.

I just feel what you guys really need is a PC and GIANTS Editor to really let your creative side expand. Instead of being held back by the console game versions limitations.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:07 pm Captain goodvibes check out Fs landscaping on YouTube, it is a club I own on Xbox but recently I’ve been uploading a lot of members clips to YouTube plus I’m trying to build a map from scratch on No mans land with tutorials, I know the PC guys will probably laugh but unfortunately it’s as good as we can get on console, I’m definitely no Bullet Bill that’s for sure
Subbed to you, might actually make some build videos myself, forgot how much I like doing it :biggrin2:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Thanx dairydeere, I’m subbed to you too ,I actually get a better kick out of building than I do farming, as Bill says I need a PC but unfortunately having 5 kids means I’m last in the packing order when it come to juicy presents like that, so it’s looking like jaggy edges on my home made maps for now
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I found the semi circle tool instead of the square helps clean the jagged edges out. It doesn't always work on console, but made my welker farms build look better.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

How did you find the semi circle Illinois farmer? My Xbox always thinks it's Monday and doesn't like it if I tell it something new. 🤠
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Illinois Farmer

I believe it is l3 or r3. Once switches from landscape to paint and there other switches the brushes. It is in the help controls in landscaping that tells you which button it is.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Didn't even know they had that. All I ever found was square or round, but no semi circle. Might have to look into that next time I'm on.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It's a semi sphere not a semi circle, think that's where the confusion is coming. There's only two shapes for landscaping/painting the square one and the round one.
Illinois Farmer

Yes correct Ritchie.
humbe

Post by humbe »

If you could position the circle paint brush anywhere then you could manage quite a bit if you had awesome precision, but it seems like all the map is divided into a 1x1m mesh, and when you paint you get the square or circle centered in the 1x1m square you click in.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:45 pm Just write in FS landscaping and it should come up, if you can think of anything I could do better let me know, don’t forget about the slot count issue though
Loving your videos and channel mate and you deserve a lot more views! Just one suggestion...I was looking at the maps that Nippa created and just from a curiosity point of view it would be interesting to know how many slots he’d used up.

I urge everyone to give this channel a look https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw