Contracting jobs and Seasons

Illinois Farmer

Re: Contracting jobs and Seasons

Post by Illinois Farmer » Thu May 28, 2020 10:24 pm

I guess I turned weeds off in seasons too, so that's why I didn't get any.
1280 acre farm, 3000 hogs, 200 cattle, 16 ewes,1 ram, 30 lambs, and xbox one user and newly pc user.

RedJester

Post by RedJester » Thu May 28, 2020 10:32 pm

FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:11 pm
Bryan83 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:51 pm
You won't get herbicide or weeding missions with seasons since the weeds don't blanket the entire field like base game.
With all due respect, please permit me to disagree. I have had both of these types of contracts come up on Welker Farms map. All be it I usually get only 2-3 for spraying and maybe 1 a year for weeding.
Wow really? I'm sorry I was only speak from my experience. I guess I stand corrected lol. Maybe it has something to do with how the missions are set up for the map?

Illinois Farmer wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:24 pm
I guess I turned weeds off in seasons too, so that's why I didn't get any.

More than a few things could be preventing the spraying/weeding jobs from showing up and starting a game on a map with bigger fields to compare with will help narrow some things down and is a good step to take.

Should not be too hard or difficult to set up with a new game and little experimenting. I'll see if I can get to it tonight or this weekend and report back.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Thu May 28, 2020 11:53 pm

I've also found saving and reloading will essentially refresh the contracts list.

RedJester

Post by RedJester » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:20 pm

Little update:
I did not have the time I wanted to play around with the seasons mod this weekend, what time I did have I wanted to advance my game in Minibrunn, so I did not start a game on Welker map to compare as of yet. Did learn a few things though:

My method was this; At the first day of spring I moved the days per season up from 6 to 9. At the beginning of each day I looked at the contract tab and either completed the jobs I wanted to do or accepted then canceled them to clear them from the board. After that I saved then reloaded.

First thing I noticed was that the game entered the sych process more reliably when sleeping. Previously on 6 day setting it only hit it about half the time and I would have to save and reload to get it to advance the day to put it on schedule.

Actually saw the Snow Removal contract jobs show up for the fist time going into what would be my 4th spring.

I did actually have Harvest jobs sow up this Summer, but if I had not saved and reloaded even after the sych process post sleep I would have missed them. After sleeping there were no contracts but I noticed that some of the computers fields had come into a harvest state according to the map and the field next to me.
Mwal wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:33 pm
I would also be curious if the 6 day seasons would do something as a comparison to 9 seeing how Realismus has stated there may be unintended consequences due to running other than 9 day seasons

There might be something to this. Can you link to the conversation where this is stated? Can't seem to find any mention of it in the manual.

One other thing I noticed was that this being my 4th year on the farm all the computers fields have turned into nothing but Wheat, Oats, Barley, and Canola. Any field that did Corn, Potatoes, Sugar Beets, Soybeans, or Sunflowers now just does the grains. I believe this has to do with the default Geo for seasons and the computer not been programmed or told to hold off on planting or to plant something like Oilseed in the interim. Planted in the Spring and harvest in the fall, then, from then on the computer will immediately cultivate and plant a winter hardy crop(Wheat, Oats, Barley, Canola) and that traps it in a cycle with no break. I dont know if this changes with different Geo's as I've not played any others yet.

Anyway thats what I've noticed so far. Did not get to a point where the computer was planting crops yet for a chance to see if any spraying jobs post but I will continue this process and update when I see or dont see something. As well I need to start a game on Welker with Seasons mod to compare.

Mwal

Post by Mwal » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:56 pm

https://gitlab.com/realismusmodding/fs1 ... ate=opened
See a lot of what I post about seasons here as far as answers to people’s questions. Rest of it is from the manual blogs or the seasons thread that was here

RedJester

Post by RedJester » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:57 pm

Mwal wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:56 pm
https://gitlab.com/realismusmodding/fs1 ... ate=opened
See a lot of what I post about seasons here as far as answers to people’s questions. Rest of it is from the manual blogs or the seasons thread that was here
A lot of interesting information there to go through. Thank you for the link.

RedJester

Post by RedJester » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:16 pm

Update #2

I'm in the first day of Late Autumn when I quit the game last night and so far have done 4-6 harvest jobs that came up when the fields moved to a harvest state. I did notice that due to the cycle trap I talked about in a previous post, pretty much ALL the computers fields came into harvest at the same time. That also meant that I only had one day to get and complete the harvest contracts. Once I completed all of them and no more showed up on the contracts tab I completed my day and when the game synchronized after sleep the next day ALL the computers fields that I did not harvest moved to a harvested or cultivated state. Except for the two grass fields. In total I got contracts to harvest less than half of the computers fields even doing the save and reload. I don't know if this would change with longer seasons but I suspect that it's a combination of the crop cycle trap and the computer itself.

I actually did have a Weeds contract come up. No spraying(yet), just using a weeder. I did notice that even though the weeds are patchy and very sparse in the field the contract was out for as soon as I accepted the contract the weed level went to 100% and they blanketed the entire field. As soon as I canceled the job the weeds all went away to their previous state. This actually falls in line with a post I read on the site/link provided by Mwal.

I will keep you updated on anything else that pops up.

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:42 pm

They do the same thing with spraying contracts. They go to max growth stage and cover the whole field.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. Mention this ad for a special discount on select purchases from me.

ace54858

Post by ace54858 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:06 am

Bryan83 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:51 pm
You won't get herbicide or weeding missions with seasons since the weeds don't blanket the entire field like base game.
With all due respect, please permit me to disagree. I have had both of these types of contracts come up on Welker Farms map. All be it I usually get only 2-3 for spraying and maybe 1 a year for weeding.
was going to say there are weeding contract's as i have had one as well using Seasons