FPS Sandy Bay

Redrummed

FPS Sandy Bay

Post by Redrummed »

Hey just looking for tips on how to get a steady 60FPS on Sandy Bay 19, At the moment I have all graphics maxed out and my FPS jumps between 40 and 60FPS, rarely steady at 60.

What graphics setting should I drop to enable me to get a steady FPS. I'm not too familiar with the settings so do not want to be turning stuff down that there is really no need to.

I have a gaming Laptop with 16GB RAM, i7 processor and a GTX 1070 graphics card.

Cheers
aklein

Re: FPS Sandy Bay

Post by aklein »

If stuffs all maxed out then just lower your overall settings from Custom to Very High and see what that does. If you still don't like the performance lower it to High.

If your playing at something higher than 1080 change your resolution in game to 1080. Seems any change that takes you closer to your goal would not be a waste.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Redrummed wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:09 pm Hey just looking for tips on how to get a steady 60FPS on Sandy Bay 19, At the moment I have all graphics maxed out and my FPS jumps between 40 and 60FPS, rarely steady at 60.

What graphics setting should I drop to enable me to get a steady FPS. I'm not too familiar with the settings so do not want to be turning stuff down that there is really no need to.

I have a gaming Laptop with 16GB RAM, i7 processor and a GTX 1070 graphics card.

Cheers
I run the same GPU as yourself and found that with v-sync and the frame limiter enabled although I was around 60fps the game was laggy and stuttering even on the default maps.

Disabling the v-sync and disabling the frame rate limiter cured the issue and my fps was higher and felt more stable.

You can do this by enabling dev mod in your game.xml file by changing it from false to true.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Redrummed

Post by Redrummed »

Cheers Bill, that worked a treat.!