Harvester advice?

chedly_farms

Re: Harvester advice?

Post by chedly_farms »

wheelmansteve wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:46 pm ...Engine sound is key too- I'm a refuge from Gran Turismo! (I know it's a Ford powerplant, but the TX32 has a nice DD 6V71 sound to it...) I'm not picky about geographical brand correctness, so anything goes. I 'll probably run another harvest cycle and see what the bank looks like. I made a lot of equipment buying mistakes early on, but I've become more careful.
On Osina I run a CaseIH 1660 and the Claas Dominator 108, because I love the sound of both. But I’m also at dilemma of “needing” to go bigger. It’s not really a need, lol. But I’m not sure where to go. I’ve had the John Deere t560i for over 400 hours on Marwell, so I’m not sure I want it again. But it has a nice sound as well. So maybe the John Deere 680 is in my future.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Jhhg s660 is a medium size with different bin configurations.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Guil

Post by Guil »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:22 pm Advice?
It’s a game. Think of what header size you think you want to use and buy the harvester that comes with it.

Don’t like it? Sell it, buy another one.
Or lease one first to try it out
Bit harsh tbh. Isn't that the whole point of the forum? To ask advice or help with things you are not sure of or simply just discuss and share moments in the game.

Bit surprised with that type of comment from you because you wouldn't usually post like that.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Does anyone know of a harvester that can unload directly into a trailer towed behind it? Im sure ive seen a screenshot of this, and it would free me up to do other jobs rather than shuttling back and forth with a truck everytime the harvester is full. Havent been able to find a combination so far that allows this, without spending all my money buying every harvester/trailer in the game! (if it involves mods to do this btw, im playing on PS4).

WheelmanSteve, sorry for hijacking your thread, but it seemed better to ask here than create a whole new thread just for a small question. Like you by the sounds of it, i hung up my GT gloves a few weeks back, and am still getting the hang of this game, loving the change of pace so far.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

No, what u see elsewhere is custom modified both as a mod and real world. You can use a front cultivator to the tractor and match its speed to the combine and there you go
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

eric21 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:18 am You can use a front cultivator to the tractor and match its speed to the combine and there you go
Ah, now thats an interesting idea, will give that a go. If im understanding correctly what you mean though, i assume it will only work for a single run down the field, it wont turn around at the end and follow the harvester back down? Better than nothing though, agreed.

As you say that what i have seen is a mod, is it one that will likely appear on consoles at some point, or am i best just to make do with work arounds like you suggested above?
Guil

Post by Guil »

No it wouldn't work on the return as it would have to go down the grown crop and by using a cultivator it would destroy the crop
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

SO, I ran some harvest contracts last night, and was able to test the big Case and NH harvesters. (The yellow one sounds better, and looks like a giant lobster in Corvette Racing colors...) I like that better than leasing, and I make some harvest income in the process. I grabbed another contract for tonight, but got the NH harvester again. For U-2001, I just hired workers and ran grain duty. With my Logitech G29, pacing the combine is easy and kind of fun. Even with the big Krampe trailers, you fill up quick on the larger fields on R-Port. In other news, I added field 15 to my empire, and planted 14 & 15 with my own crops for the first time. I'm going to run a few more contracts and keep using the TX on my own fields.
Old fat guy with a day job...
humbe

Post by humbe »

Theres at least a mod for a dolly that works for harvesters making them able to pull trailers. They wont be able to unload into it at speed but at least the trailer will always be close so you can detach and fill into it.
Last edited by humbe on Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I can see myself with two SEK802's full up with soy hitched behind my TX, all of us rolling gently backwards downhill... I like the idea, though!
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

humbe wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:16 pm Theres at least a mod for a dolly that works for harvesters making them able to pull trailers. They wont be able to unload into it at speed but ay least the trailer will alwaya be close so you can detach and fill into it.
Apparently these two mods will allow you to hook up almost anything including a baler and loading wagon to the back of a harvester as long as it has a trailer hitch. Have not tested it on any of my games but DJGoHam put out a video testing it out.

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Thanks everyone for your input on my question, its appreciated!
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

SO, a couple of follow up Q's, fellow farm fiends; I added field 17 to my roster, and it is taking longer to harvest everything with my trusty TX. (I'm up to 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 14, 15, 16,and 17...economics on normal.) So, Cressoni Headers- if I buy the Canola mod, will it switch based on the field like the TX header does, and do the Cressoni headers fit any harvester they are branded for? I ran a contract with the T560 and liked it. Does anyone know why the Deere 9600 mod is so cheap? (It's so cheap it feels like cheating? Should I just tell myself it's used and go for it?) Finally, any reason not to go with a very basic Deere S690 (Around $200k, but very upgradable...) instead of the T560 at $285K? An S690 with a 7.2M Cressoni might be the ticket...
humbe

Post by humbe »

A lot of mod equipment is sadly not priced to be balanced with what's already in the game. If I'm in a game where I have any sort of economic goal, that don't work, so then I'd either ban them, or make up a fitting price and adjust my money manually. If my goals aren't economic, then I guess it doesn't matter.. But this game is sadly unbalanced for economic goals anyhow, so then you have to make up a lot of rules yourself to avoid ending up repeating the same bits with the same gear every time.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

You can fix any header to any machine but its don't necessarily work properly. It might not lower into the right position, or the HP demand of the header might be too much.
I had a 6m folding header on the Sampo harvester on FS17 and it was so heavy it would lift the rear wheels causing understeer.