Seasons 19 - do vehicles breakdown?

blue_painted

Seasons 19 - do vehicles breakdown?

Post by blue_painted »

Back in Season 17, if you let your vehicle go too long without maintenance it would break down; that is, the engine would cut out and it would take several attempts to start it. For one reason or another I don't have many high-hours vehicles and so far none have broken down, so is this something that hasn't carried over?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Miketeg

Re: Seasons 19 - do vehicles breakdown?

Post by Miketeg »

Nop, I usually run tractor with no maintenance bar and they still run almost as with full bar
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
humbe

Post by humbe »

Yeah. Most gear worksno matter how worn they are. Maybe taking some penalties to working speed and maybe hp? Maintenance cost rises very slow with age too, so no amount of operating hours will make it expensive to repair
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

They won't fully break down, but vehicles will lose horsepower and implements speed will be reduced. Some things will be so slow that its effectively useless. LIke a 'broken' harvest header will only let you harvest at 3mph. Technically still working but painfully slow. I'm sure the effect on modded stuff will vary widely too.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Lol it's funny how 3mph ingame is really slow and that is about how fast we harvest IRL
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Farmercaseih wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:11 pm Lol it's funny how 3mph ingame is really slow and that is about how fast we harvest IRL
I remember when the first Claas Dominator was being trialled on the farm around where I grew up ...

"It's so fast ... it can cut at FIVE MILES AN HOUR!!!"

I don't think it could but today's Lexion are about that fast.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
humbe

Post by humbe »

Are all working speeds in game unrealistic? When they list actual stats, I would have guessed they had some bases in reality...
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yes a lot are unrealistic. Not every disc can go around 10 mph. Only certain ones can. Not every crop is harvested at 6 mph. Corn is at 4.5 mph and beans depends how well they are standing and what time of day. I don't remember off hand the other speeds in game.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

We plant at about 6mph, and Ingame it is from 9 to 12. We run the field cultivator from 6 to 7 mph. Only high speed tools can run as fast as in the game.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Don't forget also that everything in game is measured in metric. So when you change to MPH it doesn't convert the 9 KPH to 5.6 MPH.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

That's a shame that they don't convert units...
Euro and dollars are also the same value...

On my side, i'm using KPH, so i'm good.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I'd like the units to be converted ... and tied to the map, so that when I play a USA map I get dollars, °F and acres and bushels ... pound for UK map, Euro for the rest of Europe ... °C ... hectares ... KPH ... and so on.

As to speeds ... I've ridden on a Lexion that was working in a patchy chalky field with the speed changing in response to the weight of the crop to keep optimal throughput, and driven a Ford 7600 with a Konskilde Vibroflex with my boss yelling at me from the headland to keep the speed over 10kph, a rough ride that was!

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:53 pm I'd like the units to be converted ... and tied to the map, so that when I play a USA map I get dollars, °F and acres and bushels ... pound for UK map, Euro for the rest of Europe ... °C ... hectares ... KPH ... and so on.
I would definitely like that also. Would love if the Unit Convert mod could do something like what you suggested.

Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Heck, I'd just like bushels to be an option for the base game. Maybe on the next version Giants can roll it all into one menu selection of Imperial or Metric, and have the individual map save files remember your preference.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I remember thinking, "Man I hope they will change that in 17" when I played 15. And thinking, "Man I hope they will change that in 19" when I played 17. So...fingers crossed?