Courseplay question - working path

hun3

Courseplay question - working path

Post by hun3 »

I was wondering if there is a way to set up courseplay so the path runs parallel to the longer edges of the fields. Most of the time the lines run from corner to corner which require extra time to finish the field.

I took a screenshot of what I dont want.

Mwal

Re: Courseplay question - working path

Post by Mwal »

Turn that little grass knob into field I would guess that’s why. Or try to start it next to the knob driving away that might do it also.
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

Change the starting direction to 'longest edge' or something like that. It might throw an error but it should work on that field. Its pretty wonky on fields that have obstacles on the edges.
humbe

Post by humbe »

You can even specify the angle you want in degrees if you want to, but I think it wants to avoid a situation where the lines are broken in the middle. You can try to specify 90 or 270 degrees and see if it is able to overcome the budge regardless. Sometimes work.

Hmmm. Come to think of it I guess I still use the last major version so Im not sure whats available in the newest. Tons of versions for courseplay
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Non "square" fields are tricky for courseplay. I'd do all these suggestions, also try starting in the middle of the long edge instead of the corner. There might be something in the code that tells the tractor to start your up down lines with as little turning as possible.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Thank you all for the reply. Lining up the tractor facing down the longest edge of the field seems to do the trick.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Glad it worked out for you!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

On a different note if you've not tried it there is a new mode for fieldwork called "lands". Once the headlands are done it splits the fields into sections,where it works really well is when using a combine on courseplay as the auger is always in the already harvested part of the field instead of just going up and down leaving the auger over the crop every other pass.