Current State of Console Play

chedly_farms

Current State of Console Play

Post by chedly_farms »

Disclaimer: This is meant to be a discussion for console players. So I ask kindly for PC players to refrain from posting. But If you must, please be kind and rewind.

So here we are fellow Console Players, a couple months into "quarantine, Isolation, whatever you want to call it", How are you fairing with the game? Are you getting pretty bored with it? Are you going strong? Are you impatiently waiting for mods?

Me personally, a couple weeks ago, I got pretty excited again and started a new save on Meadowgrove, but it only lasted a week or so. It scratched the itch I had to use small machinery. So, I'm back to Osina. I'm impatiently waiting for the 40 series to pass, and looking forward to Sandy Bay or Stone Valley. I'm actually a little bummed about Sandy Bay. Are we pushing 2 months now since the PC release of it? It is what it is I suppose. Oxy does a good job, so I'll just wait some more. But overall, the game is getting really stale. The Kvernland DLC isn't groundbreaking that I know of. I mean there is nothing really awe-inspiring in it is there? How you fellow console players holding up. Any tips to keep it fresh?
Last edited by chedly_farms on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
RedJester

Re: Current State of Console Play

Post by RedJester »

Just coming into it I can say that I am overall happy with the maps as there is one for just about every play style so far. Mods are good and good to get new ones on an almost daily basis even if I cant use some or dont intend to. So far the map I've put the most into is Minibrunn with 70+hours and about to try Greenriver. The only thing I believe is lacking on the console compared to PC/Mac is the ability to allow the scripting mods i.e Courseplay, Global, MaizePlus, FollowMe, ect. When I see what seems to be really neat mods or maps that utilize these on ModHub knowing that unless I invest in a gaming computer I can't use them, it does make me feel like the console version is "Farming Simulator 2019 Lite". However, the game was free for me and I've so far put in many enjoyable hours into it and will continue to enjoy it for some time more.
Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

I think we've already pushed past the 2 month mark on Sandy Bay. If I recall, it was late March when it came out on PC.

Anyway, I think the time investment I've put into my Welker save keeps me engaged. The biggest problem I've got right now is that I am almost out of space for storing new mods on my PS4. But, I suppose that is more my fault than anything else. I download stuff that I have like a 1% chance of ever using, and then I feel like I am cutting off my arm if I delete it. Silly, right?

Welker is a nice map, and yes, I understand that it is realistic for that location, but it is boring. So I occasionally get the itch to play a different map that is a bit more "alive", but I usually play the different map for a few hours and lose interest because I just don't feel invested. I always go back to Welker because that is where I've put so much time. However, I do think that Oakfield might be different. I can see myself possibly sticking with that as a new second home once it gets fixed. Also, looking forward to Sandy Bay and giving it a shot.

Overall, I'm still into FS19. In a way, I'm glad FS 21 isnt coming out because I feel like I can get a lot more out of FS19. But, at the same time I am going to be very excited when the next FS does come out, provided it has a few of the features I am longing for on console. I won't get into that right now though :wink3:
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I’m keep moving from map to map, Rade2k19 has kept me most interested. A lot of maps I’m quite picky about and find lots of things that annoy me, my latest idea is organic farming in Greenwhich valley so I’ll see how that goes.

I’m patiently waiting for Sandy Bay but can’t see it coming anytime soon, just my opinion but the testing list looks bogged down with too many mods that don’t bring anything new to the game...how many cultivators??

I count myself lucky as I’ve a got a five minute bike ride and I’m in the beautiful open country side of Lincolnshire so get to see some real farming
MacCLovin

Post by MacCLovin »

I am at the 90 hour mark on my Westbridge Hills save. Enjoying it. I own almost the whole bottom half of the map. I do wish that we had some sort of Follow Me/Courseplay as just driving back and forth machinery is a bit stale. I took out a $3 mill loan so my goal is to keep buying machinery and get into some cows/chickens soon. Then we'll pay down that loan.

My original goal for the map was to own all the fields, but driving each machine up to the top of the map is terrible. So not sure if that will still be.

I do think doing something with multiplayer would be fun but at the same time a pain.

I am also looking forward to some of the US maps coming out soon....but I like more of the medium to large size fields - not the mammoth ones.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Old McGlenno wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:04 pm The biggest problem I've got right now is that I am almost out of space for storing new mods on my PS4. But, I suppose that is more my fault than anything else. I download stuff that I have like a 1% chance of ever using, and then I feel like I am cutting off my arm if I delete it. Silly, right?
Same

vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

My itch is stone valley and most of the mods custom modding is bringing like the JD sprayer, case planters along with whoever was bringing the JD planter pack so I can stop using the great plains one
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

My RL job is still going through the shutdown, so my play hasn't changed that much. Still working on Welker trying to get there money to buy out the map, and I have the feeling I'll still be working on that even after the new version releases. As far as mods go, i, too, have downloaded many mods that I don't end up using yet cannot bring myself to uninstall. But the one I'm really waiting for is CM's Case Early Riser planters.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

So, I've put in somewhere around 750 hours in fs19 on ps4, so I can certainly talk to what it's like to still be playing after all the novelties have worn off. First, I don't see myself playing less in the future. A new game might be released that takes my eye off the game briefly, but that's happened several times since fs19 came out and they are all short dalliances. I'd rather be playing this. What I love so much about fs is that it's not a struggle, it's not violent, and it's genuinely relaxing. Many games which offer a non-violent outlet for "relaxing" end up being puzzle games or otherwise taxing in a different way. fs19 doesn't wear me out more than I was when I turned it on. It's a perfect downtime resting game and I love it. That's not console-specific, but the console does mean I am usually sitting on a cozy sofa instead of at a desk when I play.

I felt for a time like I was missing out on a lot of the game by not playing PC. I've toyed with the idea of getting a PC several times, but the expense just never seems worth it. I did get a new macbook at work a couple of months ago and it can run the game at low settings so I've taken the opportunity to see some of what I felt I was missing, and to be honest, I am still playing on console. The things I first and foremost thought I wanted - new, bigger maps and more access to older models of machinery were there and I liked seeing the new sights and driving the new toys - but a few hours in, I just wanted to go back to my ps4 and have the comfortable controls and less to deal with. I tried a few of the gameplay tweaks that I covetted - courseplay, follow me, the easy development controls, place anywhere and such. Some were just too much work, some were nothing I couldn't live without, and some I really want on ps4 but not enough to buy a decent PC. Really, I want follow me and placeanywhere mainly and the ability to make walking speed faster was really really nice.

But I am back on console getting my Welker save to the cusp of 400 hours anyway. Because I don't play fs looking for extra effort and the cool toys are just a different look on the same tool. I like it to just be a calm, methodical game and the less detail the better in some ways. So mods that add complexity aren't valuable to me. Mods that add quality of life without effort would be really nice, but again, aren't worth the expense.

SO, where am I at with the console version? I'm actually just fine with it as it is. It gives me the experience I cherish and it does it without the added effort that PC expected of me. Does that mean there's nothing I would ask for? Absolutely I would.

So what do I want? I'll skip the easy answers of more old tractors and more maps. They're on everyone's list and they aren't improvements to the game, just toys.

What would make fs19 even better for me on console as I head for 1000 hours? Just based on the things that PC has and console does not, here is a short list.

1) New work. I would love more kinds of harvesting. Not just new crops with the same harvesters, but something that actually looked and felt different. I'm not sure what that is, orchards? vegetables? PC has more root crops and cabbage available, they would be a nice start. Not the addition of steps to harvesting, but a new kind of farm and machinery to use on it. La Coronella has a bit of this with the addition of oil and cheese, but these are processes after harvest and limited to just that map, rather than new workflows entirely. The grape harvest map that just released feels so restricted in options and isn't a visual draw either, but I appreciate that it is there - I just wish some of these choices didn't conflict with Seasons which I cannot play without.

2) More quality of life options. I want to run faster, I want to lift 4k bales, I want to be able to place things easier, I want to have multiple sleep triggers on a map. I want to be able to edit my vehicle quick-cycle order and inclusions. These probably aren't possible in fs19, but maybe someone working on the next version will read this.

3) Ok, more old articulated tractors because I can't not ask for them.

This is a wishlist though, nothing is stopping me from playing this game anytime soon, and I don't see myself jumping to PC either. What I want from this game is better on console. I would ruin it for myself with the excess of options on PC and the added work that comes with it.
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

I have a problem of liking too many maps and then wanting to play multiple ways at the same time. Then I get overwhelmed and end up getting off the game.

I have also been trying to find a new home to farm and I think I finally found it. Kolonia 1990 has started to grow on me for small farming. Since the update, it's pretty nice.

For large farming, I think I'm settled into the old farm countryside because I like the addition of growing rice, rye, sorghum and millet.

As far as mods go, I'm ok with what we have at the moment and there is still new and interesting stuff coming out each day. Can't think of something I'm really waiting for. But I always look forward to something exciting and new.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:27 pm
3) Ok, more old articulated tractors because I can't not ask for them.

Ok, yeah, this would be nice too.

One in particular would be the kirovets. I loved that thing in 17. I wish it could make a comeback in 19. Even if it had to come back with a generic name. Same with some of the others like the mb trak or the rabe.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Boost_GLR wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:33 pm I have a problem of liking too many maps and then wanting to play multiple ways at the same time. Then I get overwhelmed and end up getting off the game.
I got so involved on meadowgrove, that I forgot where I was at on Osina. That's my biggest issue playing multiple maps. I go into a lot of depth in my head on how I play a map. From Stratagizing my next purchases to what I'm planting in fields, to when I need to get the next batch of silage cut.

Crazof

Post by Crazof »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:31 pm Disclaimer: This is meant to be a discussion for console players. So I ask kindly for non-PC players to refrain from posting. But If you must, please be kind and rewind.

As a console player(non-PC player) I'd post but you asked me not to.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

:lol:
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Crazof wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:49 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:31 pm Disclaimer: This is meant to be a discussion for console players. So I ask kindly for non-PC players to refrain from posting. But If you must, please be kind and rewind.

As a console player(non-PC player) I'd post but you asked me not to.
So we have all posted against my best wishes. I'll edit that so we can all legally post.