fs17 revisited

pingu

Re: fs17 revisited

Post by pingu »

For some reason I come to think about something from some research material about using games for STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) learning in schools (about age 7-15). They asked what's makes a game good. Realistic graphics? Immersive sound? Interesting gameplay? Nope... It was that the game can be played online and that it has social media interaction. Turned out, gaming for most kids today is an activity where you talk to your friends while you all are doing the same thing on your screens (console or phone) and post screen-shots about on social media. That the game look like sh*t and is totally braindead is not a problem. And they play another game next week, anyway...

Just as a reminder to those of us who want's a realistic farming simulator and thinks that there is a market for it... :smileynew:
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Ravenport was awful in my opinion. The maps have gone downhill since 15. I loved both maps on 15 goldcrest on 17 and neither on 19
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I'm in agreement about their maps. I loved Westbridge Hills and Goldcrest Valley. I wish they would carry over their most popular maps when releasing a new game.
It would give us something familiar/comforting to play in while getting used to the new features.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I thunk that would attract criticism too, though they did carryover Espacto.
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

for me FS17 is just good enough as a farming game.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

FS 17 was ok, most of my time was spent on Goldcrest Valley, why the town is so big stiff baffles me. Anyway, FS 17 ended up being the worst version for me, primarily because the game kept stuttering and weird graphic issues when viewing the landscape. I have an iMac so I'm not sure if it was something at my end or the game itself. I was overjoyed when seasons came out, I was actually the first to post about it here, until it was discovered it was an unauthorised beta release. The final version was greatly anticipated until it snowed... in the distance the snow colour was green, while grass appears red(even without the seasons mod).
Just today I downloaded FS 17 again to see is things have improved, nope.
FS 15 gave me many hours of fun, had some really cool maps that I still miss not using. Never quite enjoyed Bjornholm but I might give it a go again on FS 19.
FS 13 was where it all started for me, and it still brings a smile to my face playing Westbridge Hills today on FS 19.

Ravenport didn't bother me, I actually enjoyed playing it because I could shape the landscape and make the small farm into something much better. I expanded all the small fields and when I made enough money I sold it and bought a farm on the other side of the map.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Achtung Baby wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:05 am FS 17 was ok, most of my time was spent on Goldcrest Valley, why the town is so big stiff baffles me. Anyway, FS 17 ended up being the worst version for me, primarily because the game kept stuttering and weird graphic issues when viewing the landscape. I have an iMac so I'm not sure if it was something at my end or the game itself. I was overjoyed when seasons came out, I was actually the first to post about it here, until it was discovered it was an unauthorised beta release. The final version was greatly anticipated until it snowed... in the distance the snow colour was green, while grass appears red(even without the seasons mod).
Just today I downloaded FS 17 again to see is things have improved, nope.
FS 15 gave me many hours of fun, had some really cool maps that I still miss not using. Never quite enjoyed Bjornholm but I might give it a go again on FS 19.
FS 13 was where it all started for me, and it still brings a smile to my face playing Westbridge Hills today on FS 19.

Ravenport didn't bother me, I actually enjoyed playing it because I could shape the landscape and make the small farm into something much better. I expanded all the small fields and when I made enough money I sold it and bought a farm on the other side of the map.
Yup, large towns that don't have sell points are kind of useless, same as beaches and other **** like that. Otherwise your opinion doesn't align with mine. But that's okay because I'm not the kind of not particularly nice person that will say your opinion is all wrong. :lol: :lol:
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:19 amYup, large towns that don't have sell points are kind of useless, same as beaches and other **** like that. Otherwise your opinion doesn't align with mine. But that's okay because I'm not the kind of not particularly nice person that will say your opinion is all wrong. :lol: :lol:
It's interesting that in the FS 19 mod of Goldcreast Valley the homestead has been retained... I was expecting a clean slate like some of the other maps have done.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Achtung Baby wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:05 am Anyway, FS 17 ended up being the worst version for me, primarily because the game kept stuttering and weird graphic issues when viewing the landscape. I have an iMac so I'm not sure if it was something at my end or the game itself.
On PS4 there is also a lot of stutter with FS17, so I think it's the game itself. Don't come close to the forest or drive trough, or the game will stutter heavily. Also hired worker will let the game stutter, lot of equipment on one place too or just some parts of the map. FS19 runs way smoother, so in that case Giants did good job.
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

Lexie wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:31 pmOn PS4 there is also a lot of stutter with FS17, so I think it's the game itself. Don't come close to the forest or drive trough, or the game will stutter heavily. Also hired worker will let the game stutter, lot of equipment on one place too or just some parts of the map. FS19 runs way smoother, so in that case Giants did good job.
Interesting, I'd assume the console version would be better, not the same.

FS 19 for me has been great. Runs really well on iMac.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Lexie wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:31 pm
Achtung Baby wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:05 am Anyway, FS 17 ended up being the worst version for me, primarily because the game kept stuttering and weird graphic issues when viewing the landscape. I have an iMac so I'm not sure if it was something at my end or the game itself.
On PS4 there is also a lot of stutter with FS17, so I think it's the game itself. Don't come close to the forest or drive trough, or the game will stutter heavily. Also hired worker will let the game stutter, lot of equipment on one place too or just some parts of the map. FS19 runs way smoother, so in that case Giants did good job.
Only time I've ever had any stuttering is with lots things in one spot, like leaving all your machinery in one spot or spawning into a forest. Even then give it a bit usually goes away.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
friendlinzh

Post by friendlinzh »

I'm thinking about buying a pc instead of a next gen console,pc is more better than console for me
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Might wanna wait until what comes
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:16 am Only time I've ever had any stuttering is with lots things in one spot, like leaving all your machinery in one spot or spawning into a forest. Even then give it a bit usually goes away.
Are you playing on PS4 Pro? I'm playing on a Slim, FS17 even on default maps has stutter, mod maps even more.
FS19 runs fine, no stutter at all, so no I don't think it's my PS4. other games run fine too.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

friendlinzh wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:38 pm I'm thinking about buying a pc instead of a next gen console,pc is more better than console for me
I'm thinking about the same, new consoles are big, most likely expensive too, so maybe better choice to spend few hundreds more on a pc.