Manners

Cokey

Manners

Post by Cokey »

Ive been looking through some forum posts and cant help but notice some responses are derogatory or downright rude. Im new on here but i would like to think in terms of life im reasonably experienced. Im a motorbiker of 20+ years experience and i ride an 1100cc bike. If i happen to speak to a new biker on a 125cc i dont belittle that person or make them feel stupid. I encourage them and welcome them into the fold. Thats how you make something bigger and better. You may read comments off people that to you seem daft but to them its a genuine question. Be courteous and offer advice rather than exclude them. Manners cost nothing. Treat people how you would wish to be treated yourself. Having said that i havent been subject to that myself so thank you all
YWFMS2351

Re: Manners

Post by YWFMS2351 »

This

I often will look and ask on other forums before here bc of the responses some people give to what may seemingly be a "dumb question". Obviously if someone is inquiring about something, they don't know.
PC
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I think a lot of it has to do with how many different cultures and diversities there are on here, from all over the world. Some people are just desensitized, and some take things way too personal. It's hard sometimes to read a satirical comment as nothing more than what it is. It's disheartening reading something like this, as I do believe there are definitely more good-hearted players that want to help and contribute on here than the people that want nothing more than to argue.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

As farm cat said some things are just interpreted differently by people from different places and something I might laugh at because where I’m from it’s a common sarcastic saying while somewhere else it’s an insult or unknown so it’s taken that way and vice versa. Also being critical modders tends to bring you a little abuse. Criticism of giants tends to divide people up and make for an argument as well. There are some people who like to argue (myself included) but it’s mostly just harmless back and forth and no ones really wrong or right when it comes down to it just passionate about the game. I argue with gav a lot but I will say I have had many thoughts on what euro farming was changed by are arguments so in my opinion that’s a good healthy argument. YWFMS2351 I’m not sure who upset you but generally new players and members of the forum when state they don’t understand something they are treated pretty well in my opinion. Those threads tend to get lots of mostly positive responses. But I have noticed many of your threads are searching for mods which do tend to get a bit of snark in the responses no matter where you ask those type of questions for games. Both of you should ask anything you want though and I feel like you will find the overwhelming majority of responses are positive
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a victim of this and also a suspect. People tend to forget that this is a forum, what is wrote can be taken the wrong way or be meant completely different that how you take it. Also the difference in cultures is a big one along with console and PC people always arguing lol everyone needs to get along and not belittle people...unless it's flat out obviously rude and that person needs to be told to stop. I actually started a reddit for console players because of this issue, I created it the other day actually
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
YWFMS2351

Post by YWFMS2351 »

Mwal wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:08 am As farm cat said some things are just interpreted differently by people from different places and something I might laugh at because where I’m from it’s a common sarcastic saying while somewhere else it’s an insult or unknown so it’s taken that way and vice versa. Also being critical modders tends to bring you a little abuse. Criticism of giants tends to divide people up and make for an argument as well. There are some people who like to argue (myself included) but it’s mostly just harmless back and forth and no ones really wrong or right when it comes down to it just passionate about the game. I argue with gav a lot but I will say I have had many thoughts on what euro farming was changed by are arguments so in my opinion that’s a good healthy argument. YWFMS2351 I’m not sure who upset you but generally new players and members of the forum when state they don’t understand something they are treated pretty well in my opinion. Those threads tend to get lots of mostly positive responses. But I have noticed many of your threads are searching for mods which do tend to get a bit of snark in the responses no matter where you ask those type of questions for games. Both of you should ask anything you want though and I feel like you will find the overwhelming majority of responses are positive
Just preemptive search elsewhere before posting here due to seeing it. Take quite a bit to actually offend me. Just don't feel like having to read useless responses.
PC
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

If you've got issues with certain posts, use the report function and explain it. That's what it's there for. Even if the only thing you want to mention is that a post is off-topic.
This part of the forum doesn't use that nice report function as often as some others.

I scroll through all the new messages in topics, which might just be a cursory glance if a topic has a load of them, and generally believe the current forum community is well behaved.
But then again, as mentioned before by others, people read things differently. I try to read things in a neutral way. "Let's not think too much about what's behind certain texts", I can't read minds anyway.

So to repeat, if you feel you're wronged use the report function or just mention it to the 'offender' yourself if you want. The active members here aren't bad people as far as I know.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I've come along in the past 2 months, and it's not that bad. I have had a few people say things to me, but it's alright. Everyone has different ideas and everyone has a different interpretation of someone's comments. Generally the people here are pretty good, or in my experience anyway 🙂 Welcome to the forums for people who are new. 👍👍
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

I know what you mean. tho it goes the other way aswell (overly polite and therefor seems fake and sarcastic)

anyways this forum isn't that bad ... I visit way worse forums aswell.
and yes some cultural difference will impact the reactions. (me being dutch and therefore very direct is seen as rude in the US i know)

anyways long story short ... welcome 2 the forums :P and don't take everything super serious ;)
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

This forum is actually very friendly. So i really dont know why that topic was made in the first place.

There is rarely any drama at all and that isnt surprising. There isnt convo that would trigger someone. Like politics, sexuality, racial differences. And that is how it should be.

Really no complaints about the manner in general.
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

I reckon this is the easiest going forum that I know of. yes people will have argument's every now an then but hey that's life..things don't always go you're way so if you can say you never got into a row or argument in you're life could you please come out from the rock you're living under an give me some tips ha.
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

Rabbitbugs93 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:14 pm I reckon this is the easiest going forum that I know of. yes people will have argument's every now an then but hey that's life..things don't always go you're way so if you can say you never got into a row or argument in you're life could you please come out from the rock you're living under an give me some tips ha.
Oh believe me, i do like an argument. I just try to do it constructively rather than belittling people. I havent had any problems myself, i just noticed one or two replies on other posts that were rather derogatory. It certainly seems friendly on here to me.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

This place is tame compared to the rest of the internet. Alagos does a good job, even if he hates me. Guil was okay, even though he gave me a warning once. What makes this place is figuring out everyone’s personalities. Who are the entitled American console players (me)? Who are the real farmers (Illinois Farmer, Vondeleysomethingorother)? Who are the guys who know about modding (that Gav guy)? Who gives the short 3 word responses (eric21)? But in all seriousness, as long as people are asking genuine non-loaded questions, I very rarely see them not politely answered. And I’m those threads there are also responses that seemed more appropriate for trolling AOL in 1998.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:00 am This place is tame compared to the rest of the internet. Alagos does a good job, even if he hates me. Guil was okay, even though he gave me a warning once. What makes this place is figuring out everyone’s personalities. Who are the entitled American console players (me)? Who are the real farmers (Illinois Farmer, Vondeleysomethingorother)? Who are the guys who know about modding (that Gav guy)? Who gives the short 3 word responses (eric21)? But in all seriousness, as long as people are asking genuine non-loaded questions, I very rarely see them not politely answered. And I’m those threads there are also responses that seemed more appropriate for trolling AOL in 1998.
(Vondeleysomethingorother) 🤣🤣 so close man...very true statement though 👍
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:00 am
I feel excluded
Ignorance is bliss