Real Life Contracting

FarmCatJenkins

Real Life Contracting

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I'm setting up a Coop yard on my dedicated server and was just wondering how do contractors that help in fields with tractors or equipment get paid? Per hour? Per acre? Just trying to get ideas. Thanks!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Illinois Farmer

Re: Real Life Contracting

Post by Illinois Farmer »

We get paid per acre for custom work and how much equipment we had to use figures into the price per acre.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

One of the go to standards for rates...

https://store.extension.iastate.edu/pro ... ate-Survey
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:26 am I'm setting up a Coop yard on my dedicated server and was just wondering how do contractors that help in fields with tractors or equipment get paid? Per hour? Per acre? Just trying to get ideas. Thanks!
I agree with Illinois farmer. The contracting rates I have been able to find here in Denmark are rates per hectare, except for a few things. Hiring a a tractor with a driver is per hour. Collecting bales from a field and stacking them is per bale.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Oh yes, I forgot bales, duh ha. It is per bale here plus the use of the tractor and baler. Also selling grain is per load plus miles. There is a conversion chart for that as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.